Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crit buffs nerfed in 14.2

Crit buffs nerfed in 14.2

The version we know now will become "self only" and new lower versions will be available as "other", according to Cosmik on Agent Sector.

ABOUT TIME !

And yes, I'm a trader.
    Well... was... account cancelled till they get their code straight...

Well, have you considered the balance-change this is gonna do?

- Heals will be even more powerfull in pvp.
    - MAs already do a lot of damage. MAs with an Ithaca doing fire damage... w00t - I can't wait.... Try not to overdo the MA fix please.
    - Again the NTs will start running out of nano before targets is dead because their pee-shooter shotgun will do 20 damage 80% of the time.

I agree crits was getting out of hand in PvP, or rather it got out of hand. But leaving the crits for some and removing it from all others. hehe, I look forward to see how much this will screw stuff.

I would have like that crits were calculated before evades and not after instead. Like it is now, if you got items and buffs to give you 40% crits, you will crit in 40% of your hits regardless evades.

But thats only pvp. Good luck doing a boss in a ql190+ mission without critbuff lol.
    ~Lone

yes but our 1k nukes will be worth somthing again so i am happy with it

Originally posted by Noer

I agree crits was getting out of hand in PvP, or rather it got out of hand. But leaving the crits for some and removing it from all others. hehe, I look forward to see how much this will screw stuff.

I would have like that crits were calculated before evades and not after instead. Like it is now, if you got items and buffs to give you 40% crits, you will crit in 40% of your hits regardless evades.

But thats only pvp. Good luck doing a boss in a ql190+ mission without critbuff lol.

couldnt have said it better.

all the ppl that dont mind this nerf havent done a team mission ql 190+ i guess.

eek

gonna be one heck of a time keeping the ma alive in the future then, I guess...

opi ma's are gonna be cannon fodder if they dare to use uvc vs high level mobs...hehe...unless they change the recharge time on ma heals in 14.2?

Originally posted by besheba
    yes but our 1k nukes will be worth somthing again so i am happy with it
    vs a 75% deflec shield that will be what...250dmg...lol without ur fp or ur snake crittin every other shot nukes wont help alot. This just makes the healers more powerfull and the lvlin harder looking forward to see if pvm crit wont be screwed like evrything this dev team is making.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Right now everyone is just speculating as to the effects of 14.2. Until we actually see how good the crit buffs for others will be no one can say for sure. If the highest crit buff for others goes up to, say, 18%, that's still a damn good crit buff and won't change things much at all. If it's like 8% then that's a whole nuther story. So wait and see what the actual nanos are before going nuts. ;p

Originally posted by Keldrys
    Right now everyone is just speculating as to the effects of 14.2. Until we actually see how good the crit buffs for others will be no one can say for sure. If the highest crit buff for others goes up to, say, 18%, that's still a damn good crit buff and won't change things much at all. If it's like 8% then that's a whole nuther story. So wait and see what the actual nanos are before going nuts. ;p
    I would guess they will be at best equal to the crit buffs that Crats have.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

15% would be enough.
    According to my experience as a shottie user, VS is kinda weak, LMA is very powerful, somewhere between those 2 would be good.

Noer,

IMHO they need to tone down the mobs if they don't want soloers to cancel in droves.

In a good group, crits don't matter that much, but it's a pain to solo without at least LMA above 100.

They said they won't change mobs at first though, so I guess it will only improve PvP.

Im happy but ...Healers...Argh.

"all the ppl that dont mind this nerf havent done a team mission ql 190+ i guess."

We do ql 180 TEAM missions on lvl 100 an WE dont have MA.

Everyone using shotgun now maybe atlast we will se some different wepons that are not so critical buff dependent?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Nerf? What nerf?

Nerf? What nerf? Ma's do "normal" damage only when we do critical hit and ma's need critical buff simply to survive.
    The others do not need critical buff to do "normal" damage, so "crit buffs self only" seems to be logical.

V.

Other professions dont have to rely on crit buff to deal damage.
    I have tested my damage over time compared to a lvl 165ish pvp MA in backyard.
    We took turn to kill guard/guide (lvl 200 with considerably high evades) selfbuffed. I outdmged him 4 out of 5 times in the test. The only time he outdmged me was when he used his dimach. Of course I had some 25 lvls on the MA, but other professions really dont have to rely on crit buff all the time to kill mobs if they build their chars right.

IPR will allow you to switch to other non crit reliant weapon. No one forces you to use a shotgun w/o a crit buff. You have your own options. If you dont use it wisely, you will lose out. Of course those who have exploited to put in implants and stuff will hurt more, but hey its a fair treatment to them.

Some suggestion of weps u might want to consider at 14.2 - lovemaker, novaflow, vektor, home defender, some smg (cant remmeber name), beam (if ur atrox)
    All these weps could hit over 1k non-crit damage.

Originally posted by Noer
    Well, have you considered the balance-change this is gonna do?

- Heals will be even more powerfull in pvp.
    This is actually my top concern numbero uno.

100% dmg and total removal of crits in pvp would be nice
    NT phone HOME!!

don't people realize

that a crit nerf is an ma nerf?

talked to an ma guy, and we both agreed that IF 14.2 becomes what the rumours say...ma's are gonna have one heck of a time getting teams in the future.

No offense to the ma's, but the main reason people want them in a group is the crit buffs. I like ma's, they do even decent damage and help a little with heals, and unlike alot of professions, they usually don't mind healing (can't understand why traders heal as little as they do, well...most traders), but without UVC, they are not all that interesting for most teams.

People are talking about shotguns and their crits...ehum, just to let u know...we have alot of different guns at high level to chose from. I can switch to a lower critting, higher normal shotgun if I want to? Vektor and medium comes to mind.

I think MAs do pretty good damage already in teams, almost as much as enforcers. 130+ teams always want MAs for the buff, sure, but they do very nice damage too. All this means is traders enforcers, soldiers and shotgun carriers of all classes will do less damage in comparison to MAs than they did before, which doesn't seem unfair.

There will still be the weaker MA crit buffs that will help you get quite a few crits.

I think MAs will still have no problem finding teams. It will also make casters, NTs, metas, crats, more useful in PVM.

As far as PVP goes, it will be much better.

Next up, Nurf healing.

why dont they make evades work against crits? that would be good... every 100 evades reduce crit chance by 1%.. or something like that

Originally posted by Gunandahalf
    why dont they make evades work against crits? that would be good... every 100 evades reduce crit chance by 1%.. or something like that
    Wolfe said the formula was = ( AMS - DMS )*0.1 + Scope% + buff%
    For crit chance but there is most likely a cap on crit chance ( like 95% or something ) cause with a AMS from 1020 i only crit like 95% of time on leets ( with a 7% scope without critbuff )

So evades make a difference... (according to that formula IF its correct )
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Re: Crit buffs nerfed in 14.2

Originally posted by Miriandel

ABOUT TIME !

And yes, I'm a trader.
    Well... was... account cancelled till they get their code straight...
    Bye bye will be less lag in Broken Shores
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast