Thread: Twilight Fallen

Twilight Fallen

As conflict between Omni forces and Clan warriors has been increasing as of late, I felt that it was time to reveal the truth of my existance among the clan organization leaders. Although my name has changed a few times in the past months, among the clans I am known as Janeen "Elaynia" Brockmeyer. Now that I am safely established in Clan territory, I can reveal that I was for many years a brainwashed Omni Tek employee. Only recently did I find evidence of the deep corruption involved in all Omni Tek business. After learning of my father's treachery and subsequent execution at the hands of Omni-Pol, I used my soldier clearance to secure arms and armor, and had a hacker friend place me on a patrol into the outer regions of Omni territory.

In the days it took to reach our patrol area, I focused my mind on escape. No openings came until our last day of duty, when i was losing hope. The only warning we had of the attack was the faint smell of ionized earth carried on a gust of wind. Before we could react we were surrounded by the sounds of bullets and lasers piercing the air and rock around our camp. In a rush, two dozen rebels poured into our camp, quickly overcoming the sentries and pinning the rest of us down. I clutched my stolen Nova Flow to my chest and changed into the armor I had paid so much money to acquire. It was ragged and used, but it was suitable enough to pass me off as a rebel.

I flew out of my hiding place with the savage fury of years of frustration at corrupted politics and lies. I smiled with grim determination as i squeezed the trigger, releasing blasts of energy into the Omni Tek commander and the nearby patrol vehicles. Then...it was all over. Nearly twenty-five Omni soldiers lay dead or dying, and I stood in the middle of it all, free at last. I turned myself over to the leader of the Clan fighters, explaining my story long into the night. He didn't trust me, but he agreed to take me to Tir to face questioning. He gave me my weapon and armor back as a sign of trust, and I marched into Tir with dignity.

In the months that passed I have come to understand many things I never questioned. I am loyal to the Clans now, although I will never blindly follow anyone as i once did. After I was released, I made a call to those shadier men and women of society, and, after hard work, fashioned them into a mercenary organization. We call ourselves the Figures of Twilight, for we exist on the borders of reality. We pass among the citizens of Tir, Athen, and every other city in neutral and Clan territory, always watching and waiting for the trouble we know will come. With the recent events, I have taken to meeting with leaders of other organizations, to form a link that could bring us out of our hired ways and into full forgiveness and loyalty to the Clans. When that day comes, Omni Tek will have gained a fierce enemy; and the Clans a loyal ally.

In parting, I wish to add that I will always be at the service of those who strive for justice. Should any clansman need the services of my organization, they need only call.

We are those who live in shadow...we are the Figures of Twilight.

My story

Hello, i will post my story of my past. My name is Roberto "Juppers" Brockmeyer. I too used to work for Omni-tek, though not in the Military, and ever since my head injury, i totally forgotten about my relation ties. I used to work for Omni-tek Sci-Labs. My job was fairly simple, to just shred trash, excess papers that they gave me and dispose of them properly. after a while i had grew accustomed to glance over the papers, (my life was really boring, that was my entertainment, please don't laugh) they asked me to shred papers from the recent dance contest results to Arms shipping. One night there was an excess of papers than usual. i read them over with a cup of cofee, the papers were not in the same format as policy papers were, i read on, and i Saw something Terrible! i spit my cofee out and stained my nice carpet, and looked at the paper not believing the paper, and then... i don't remember the rest, i was hit in the back of the head by someone, and dragged to prison for reading confidential papers. they questioned me to try to find out how much i knew, and i responded i knew nothing, at that moment i lost all nation loyalty to Omni-tek Corp. of course they fired me for reading files, then i did small mercenary work. After a month, they let me go, although my apartment was trashed when i got back. I do remember this, when i walked in, i gave a big Sigh, and knew it was time to plan for Escape.

at first Planning was very hard, it was hard to think with a small imprint of a gun butt on the back of my head. i got frustrated with all the headaches and migranes. I started walking around cities, looking for any security flaws. A guard at every exit, all of them looking at me. after a while i got trusted again, and let me go outside search for a specimen called a Tarakata. i never heard of it before, and was quite su****ious. before i prepared, i packed a gun with me, and a small knife, and all the survival equipment i could get a hold of. they sent a guard with me, and we started out, they hired me as an adventurer instead of a Sci-lab attendant, hence the searching for the Tarakata. the Guard lead me out in the middle of nowhere, and told me to start searching.while i was measuring the dirt for any spectrum particles, for a trace of anything living, i heard the guard behind me was shuffling around his pack, and i heard the faint high pitch charge up of a Novaflow, at that moment i reacted and grabed a huge hunk of soil and threw it in his eyes, unholstered my gun, and Fired.

I was lost in the desert, all alone. i tried to hunt with my knife, but i'm no "outdoorsman". I wandered around the desert for days, i was thirsty, hungry, hot, and headaches were getting worse. One night i layed down, and started a small fire with the bottom of the guards boots and my knife. i stared up at the stars and went into deep thought, What was the meaning of all of it? Why did i even try to Retaliate? my life was already pretty much over. They'd probably catch me anyway. Why do i even care? at that I tried to get some sleep. it was quite hard though with the out cries of animals, i wrapped myself tightly with my research blanket, and...

it was Day 5, i could barely walk. My stomach felt like it was caving in. My hatred for Omni-tek grew every second. I saw a large light overcoming the next hill, by now on my clothes all my Omni-tek emblems were shredded off, and my Hygene wasn't the greatest after 5 days in the desert. the light was Blinding, i couldn't think, I got at the top of the hil, and fell unconciouss...

I woke up, in a Borealis office, laying down on a bed, with clean clothes, and a bandage on the back of my head. I tried to speak, but the nurse shushed me, and I went back to sleep. I was woken up again, i felt fairly strong, and wasn't hungry anymore. my throat hurt, and i stumbled up. the Nurse lead me to an office, quiet, and a single chair in front of a desk. i sat down and waited, reading a periodical about Nano-technology. a Man walked in, about 6'5", black hair, Nano-mage, with a med suit on. He asked me who i was, and what was i doing in the desert. I told him vaguely my story, fearing he was an Omni-Bounty hunter perhaps. he then said i was free to leave, supplied me with some maps of the near by cities, and said goodbye! i was pretty confused, and walked out. once i walked out, and i started laughing and smiling! it was so long since i felt this come over me, i couldn't understand, the last time i had felt like this was reading an article with a picture of a poor dance contestant with a cracked head attempting a backflip. I was Free, i then headed out to Tir, towards the Councel of Truth, seeking to be Reborn, and a help of the Resistance. Before i read any of those papers about shady dealings of Omni-tek, i would thought of it Absurd to leave Omni-tek, but now i know the truth, Stand Up, Rise Up! Overthrow, ReVolt!!!! I was seated in the Council, and stood up on a wall, a light was flashed in my face, so i couldn't tell who i was talking to, i told them my full story, without waver in my voice like in the clinic. at the end, they put me in a room for an hour and debated my situation. they opened the door, and handed me a uniform, and let me stay in a room there until i could get back on my feet. i was scanning for jobs across the Area, and when i was searching in a dance club, namely Reets Retreat, i found my meaning of life that i questioned about in the desert, that night when i first truly saw the stars, i layed my eyes on Elaynia.

We are now Engaged, and planning for a wedding. many are welcomed to come, and celebrate with us, telling this story has made me feel better, and i am now confident that things will all work out, i feel Redeemed in a way, when i look back at my life. Thank-you for making it to the end of my story, and you may at any time send me a tell, i may be known as Juppy, and have been getting in touch with my spirit as a Martial Artist.

May you all feel a great pride in your heart as i do, when a new dawn comes, and you look in the mirror, and see your self as a Clansman! While the path may be Hard and seeming meaningless, the reward Is Great.
    Last edited by Juppers; May 19th, 2002 at 04:56:16.
    The Gecko will Destroy all thy Wandering travelers...