Thread: Suggestion: Barrier Shield

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Suggestion: Barrier Shield

This is a suggestion to the Funcom Live programming team that might help the story guys a bit. Think about giving your GMs the capability to generate a hard barrier shield. Players, other than flag-toggled GM ones, cannot enter or stay within this shield.

Code wise, it's an exclusion sphere, that will teleport the players on a radial to just outside of the sphere. If you want, you can also toggle a no-combat field inside.

Why bother doing this? Well, speaking events generally turn out to be "GET OFF THE DAMNED PLATFORM" shouting events instead. Why not just nip it in the beginning and exclude the platform from players. As a sci-fi setting, a barrier shield is very likely plausible. You can say that it takes tremendous amounts of focused nanos or the concentration of the ARKs to generate one hence they're very rare.

Just a suggestion.

Tappert
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Sounds like a decent reasonable idea.

The arks/gms at the moment just teleport people away from them when they give a speach. Happened to me at the cyborg breifing. I lagged ontop the bridge where they were and got sent down into the crowd.

The sheild would be alot more effective though, it could be made of the shield that makes the impassable zone borders.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

LOL, they don't have a feature like this? I haven't been to an event, so I wasn't aware... Shouldn't something like this just be a given? Sheesh...