Thread: April 18th: A Day of Celebration

April 18th: A Day of Celebration

A formatted copy of this text (with images) is available at:

http://www.zagadka.net/rubika/april18/

From the desk of Dr. Cindi Bolieu
    Tir, 18 April -- 29476

Earlier tonight, Clan members and their guests gathered outside of Tir to show their respect, admiration, and thanks to the miners who, long ago on this day, won from Omni-Tek the right to organize freely. This was the groundwork for the Clans.

The gathering, mentioned as a threat by Omni-Tek officials, continued for hours on end with no problems. Early on, Clan guards attacked some Omni-Tek attendants, and the fire was
    returned, but the situation was quickly diffused. For the next few hours, revelers switched between joyfuil celebration and solemn memory. A moment of silence was proposed the middle of the festivities, being observed solemnly by all.

Later, the party was disrupted by United Freedom members, who urged the crowd to attack Omni-Tek targets, shouting phrases inciting violence towards Omni-Tek, and accusing the revelers of not being "real" Clanners. Lies were spread of Omni attacks, in an attempt to incite Clan members into the very attacks that Omni-Tek had warned against.

Thankfully, the vast majority of the crowd viewed this interruption with irritation and sorrow, not sympathy and action. I personally condemn any attacks by United Freedom or any Clan members
    on this joyous day. Your blindness only makes us all look like fools, and serves only to give Omni-Tek justification to repress us further, to not grant more freedoms. You fight against the very ideal of the workers we met to honor today.

Attendance was unknown, but throughout the party hundreds of people came by. My thanks goes out to everyone who came peacefully, to enjoy a day of celebration and memory in these harsh times.

--
    Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu
    Last edited by Zagadka; Apr 19th, 2002 at 04:56:31.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Your blindness only makes us all look like fools, and serves only to give Omni-Tek justification to repress us further, to not grant more freedoms.
    Omni-Tek does not have any more freedoms to grant the clans. The clans are 100% self-sovereign within their territories. Please recognise the that the power to improve your lives as Clanners lies within yourselves and not Omni-Tek. They neither repress you nor support you.

It must be a joy to be a clanner and have 100% absolute freedom from anything and anybody if you so desire. All this with no repurcussions. I'm sure you truly savored the remembrance of the start of your march towards your current independance and self-rule.

It's a sad state of affairs when you have a couple hundred people claiming to be clanners who are obviously insane and bent on violence. With a population that must be pushing close to a half million inhabitants these few dozen sick people need to be found and treated. I wonder what the reason behind the United Freedom attacks was. Perhaps there was something personal behind it?

It would serve the Council of Truth well to arrest these people pending investigations of their bizarre and unexplained behavior. Holidays have long been known to increase the influence of clinical depression.

Bionitrous, that is exactly what I meant. We have much freedom. Actions like this give reason to take that away, and remove our ability to be free in the future. It makes one question if this anarchy is a good thing, and grants Omni-Tek the right, really, to strike back. In some asinine quest for "more" freedom, we can lose everything the Clans and Neutrals have gained.

Worse, if they do succeed (somehow), what freedom will there be then? UF, like the Dust Brigade, openly calls anyone who doesn't follow them a "traitor" and "Omni." I fear that they just want power for themselves.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist