Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan Day a Day of Shame

Clan Day a Day of Shame

Today history will remeber as the day the second war started, all out combat, full scale war may not start tomorrow but it will come. Things have gone to far, to much pride has been hurt, to many people have stopped thinking and picked up guns.

What was suppose to be a day for the clans to honour to reflect on events pass was lost and turned into a bloody day for all. There are those in the clans who dispise Redruum and the other clans members for the action they have take which have lead to war.

But perhaps the lack of action by the clanners and COT was a much to blame as Redruum himself. But what is clear is the few clan fools have lead there faction into a war which will cost countless lifes but I expect will see no winner.

Today the clans turned a proud day to a day a shame for the clans, attacks on H20, Omni HQ and Omni Trade. You cant blame Omni-Tek for this, there was no reason for these attacks. Omni did nothing but protect its self until the clans enter trade to kill the harmless shop keepers a cowards attack as they could not be protected given the gas conditions.

This final attack, the death of the innocent was to much for our Omni boys and girls. It was time to fight for our FREEDOM as Omni Tek to live and to work in peace. We cannot be expected to live in the fear of random clan attacks on our innocent shop keepers.

So the circle started with Omni-Tek taking action in Tir and so it all begins again a 2nd war. You could tell us a war against Tir was pointless that Omni-Tek should not have attacked. Perhaps, but I understand it, when your cities have been attack 3 times in an day even the mild are taken to action.

To the clans I can accept, a fight for your believe but killing shop keepers in trade is not a fight for any cause it was murder plain and simple.

There is no clouds here, no misunderstanding, ICC, Omni-Tek the other companies will see this for what it was a callous attack by the clans. Any action that Omni-Tek chooses to take will now be justified perhaps today was the day the clans showed there true colours.

I only hope to be proven otherwise. There is still a hope to avoid war but steps must be take by the clans and soon.

Kirrana
    http://omni-tek.tripod.com/

OOC I will do a full report tomorrow on my site about todays full event, I just posted here to try add get some rection from you guys first.

Attacking Shopkeepers is bad and I no be agreeing with that. But many Clanners very angry, it seem just about every other day Omni be in Tir killin the guards. That no right and that make us mad. When we be gettin angry we be looking for peoples to kill in vengance. That why Omni cities get attacked. Cause Omni never did stop attacking us.

Vengance in blood. That what I say.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Yes, a pitiful display.

I can only ask that Omni employees remember that the Clans are, in fact, a loose grouping of diverse, independent entities. The acts of United Freedom and their ilk disgust many of us. They disrupted our peaceful gathering with their mindless rhetoric, and made it appear as if that group was the one that became a mob and attacked Omni.

It wasn't.

Redruum is a liar. He did not even attend the April 18th festivities.

I, and many other clanspeople, will fight oppression from any source - be it Omni, Dust Brigade, Sol Banking, United Freedom, ICC, or the FriendLeet Foundation (should they ever do something really evil).
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

This is why Rubi-Ka will only be safe for dignified human habitation when Omni-Tek reclaims its control over the entire planet. While there may be some well-meaning clanners out there who don't wish war and violence, the anarchic structure of the clans insures that there will be a steady supply of Redruums and Dust Brigaders to plague us forevermore. We must reckon with worse to come - possibly even the use of weapons of mass destruction.

The anarchy of the clans must end. OT must recover its mandate over the whole of Rubi-Ka, before the lawless madness destroys this whole planet.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

I second that. I received first reports of an imminent clan attack in 2HO. Though it was a victorious battle for Omni-Tek, it was only the first of a wave of attacks against our territories. Later that day, we heard of a massive force marching against Omni-HQ and Trade. I was part of the counter-strike attack on Tir, and though the clanners tried to appease the situation, their venomous words did not affect our resolve.

While the clans exist there can be no peace on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Tek stands for order and harmony, and the clans represent the opposite. No matter that this was the work of a few dissidents among their ranks. The yesterday's attacks only show that the clans are an uncontrolled rabble that must be eradicated from our plant.

I pray that Omni-Tek and CEO Ross have the foreknowledge never to let their guard down and sign a peace treaty with the scum. They are liars and treacherous as the attacks on HQ and Trade prove.

Aye coming from a Protector of Omni-tek twas a GLORIOUS BATTLE!

Why they did even try I do not know.
    We did'nt start this that is for sure, they attacked us, and We all protected Ourselves. (Even tho I was a one maned army in HQ till support came -yes I did die but having 2 slayers on you and 3 omnipol elites kinda hurts - damn you mongo bash!)

Why...........That is the question, they want freedom but they always have to try our patience, well its too late.

I thought keeping our cool, not attacking with all our troops and mech units was a hint.

We let you try to do harm, we let you do it again, and we let you do it again, and again and.....yes again and you still dont get it.

When you here the sirens wail and the bombs fall, dont ask for peace ever again.

Cloudeh - Omni Protector - Omni Fighter
    "Ill be there in the enemy lines"

This is EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. Now, more than ever, our freedom is threatened - with justification. No sane person can argue against this.

Today the clans turned a proud day to a day a shame for the clans, attacks on H20, Omni HQ and Omni Trade. You cant blame Omni-Tek for this, there was no reason for these attacks. Omni did nothing but protect its self until the clans enter trade to kill the harmless shop keepers a cowards attack as they could not be protected given the gas conditions.
    Ah, okay. Day of shame then? I'll keep notes.

I see bands of omni's doing this to neutral cities constantly. For nothing more than fun.

Which would be...lessee....1 day of clan shame vs months and months of omni shame?

Is there a scale of shame we're working with, here, or is it just the woeful shopkeepers who voice their opinion at regular intervals.

Bob the Tailor: "Yyyup. I dun died twice today. That's, uh, like a 2.5 on the shame scale for [insert faction here]. They're slippin'."

Ahem...okay, trying to take this a little more seriously...

But what is clear is the few clan fools have lead there faction into a war which will cost countless lifes but I expect will see no winner.
    D'oh! All it took was a small faction raiding your vendors?

Man. Neutral cities have been putting up with that for months now, from both sides.

News flash. This war started quite a while ago. Neither side's hit the nail on the head as far as righteousness, and both sides have quite a long list of shameful events on their backs.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Yous guys can't hug

I wuz there when yous Clans attacked us tradin'. I thunk da Clans did right, then. We Omni always hurtin' them and stuff, but they were peaceful 'bout it. Now that they takin' stand, my Omni family are angry 'bout em. After they Clans left us tradin', people wuz talkin' 'bout 'nother attack on Clans city. I liked seeing da big lizards though.

Still, peoples, we just gotta put our guns down and give each otha' hugs.

full report

Clan Day a Day of Shame and the Start of War
    Posted by Kirrana
    Fri 19th April 2002 12:00:00 Universal

It is not often that after returning to my apartment from a hard days work, while drawing a cold drink from the fridge I can reflect on a real day of history. Today was one of those days but sadly for the wrong reasons.

What was suppose to be a clan celebration, a time for them to reflect on pass events turned in something much different. We had the warnings from Omni-Tek to respect the clan event, and notice from Radiman about keeping the event low key. They hinted at the underlying tension on the planet but even they could not have guessed at the horror to unfold.

After Clan day draw to a close rather than retire back to their homes they unleashed a planned and coordinated attacking in 2H0 in great strength. Having been beating back once by a force lead by Commander Scarny they turned to come back in even larger numbers. This was not a few rouge guilds this was a well planned attack featuring clan members from all guilds.

After a few hours the battle for H20 was over but the days battle was from at an end. Reports where flooding in on another clan force gathering in Omni Ent south. Lead by the Clan leader Redruum an assorted force rushed through Omni Entertain spreading chaos killing anyone standing in there path. The target of course was Omni HQ the force quickly overpowered the guards holding the bridge and rushed in.

The alarm was heard as an echo throughout Omni Tek, a call to arms to protect our capital the very life of Ross could be in danger. The clans where locked in a bitter fight but slowly making there way to the center of Omni HQ. Fearing the Clans where gaining a foothold the Omni-Tek warriors charged the lines. The clans where beaten back before their goal was reached by it did come at a high price.

Even as this battle died down the day was not at an end, a large clan force still in the grid poured through into Trade the center of Omni-Teks wealth. In a scene of horror to be replayed again and again on vid screens all over the planet the clans attacked. I cover my eyes shouting for restraint as the blows from the clan swords fell on the shop keepers. Moving from one tradesman's to the next the clans spared no one, simple armour traders where cut down aside the guards bravely trying to fight back but clearly out numbered.

This was not a battle this was plain and simple murder and added to events already was just to much for many. The anger of this last atrocity coursing through their blood the Omni-Tek guilds demanded a counter attack and flooded on the streets of Tir cutting down their guards.

This did little to quell the anger for this unjustified day of clan attacks. This was not a random event, a few clan fools fueled by cheap alcohol. This was a pre-planned attack on a day whom significance will not go unnoticed. For many the world as been change for ever by this event.

As I sink to the floor in my apartment for rest, my mind replaying the events of the day it is clear Radiman has lost control of the Clans. The chance for peace, the time for talking has passed. We are faced with the very real prospect of all out war with clans who seemed hell bent on bring Omni-Tek down this day. Today our guard high was and it must remain so for a fear this is not the end of the clan attacks.

Kirrana
    Reporting on a day in History.
    http://omni-tek.tripod.com/

Very neutral view and journalistic proffesionalism on the whole thing by a reporter Like you Kirrana bahahaha.... ever thought of changing job...to something...else..where you can write down or shout out all that propaganda...

Re: full report

Originally posted by Kirrana
    After Clan day draw to a close rather than retire back to their homes they unleashed a planned and coordinated attacking in 2H0 in great strength
    This is where I really must protest.

I am the original organizer of the April 18th celebrations. At no point did anyone involved with it - including teh Council of Truth - ever encourage or even think about an attack. In fact, our scripted speeches discouraged attacks.

This entire course of events was, however, planned by United Freedom and Redruum, who lied about the event - he was not even there. 2 of his goons came and harassed the people attending the party. I got sick of it and left. When I got back and heard about the attacks, I made haste to Omni-1 - to help defend against United Freedom. Other Clanners did, too.

As far as that beign a "neutral" view, it is clearly biased by ascribing the actions of a small number of people to the whole of the Clans. Get over the misconception NOW that it was the celebrants that had anything to do with the attacks. It was not. It was a group of people using the joyous occasion to incite a war, and they seem to have succeeded.

Vrach

You can protest all you want but the facts are that H20 came under attack as the party was drawing to a close. The attack included well over a 100 clan members a lot of high level people and clan leaders where in the attack. This had nothing to do with Redruum at all.

This just happened on this day and then was followed by 2 future attacks just aftwards. You expect us to believe this all happened by accident. You might not have planned the attacks but it was clear someone did ?

In all the 3 attacks had upwards of 250 clan members they picked this day to attack. Dont tell me this had nothing to do with clan day. They attacked beause it was Clan day, the party became a reason to attack Omni-Tek.

You held this party, it became a reason for the clans to attack you cannot bury your head in the sand and just blame Redruum or UF they where not the only ones there.

Kirrana

You held this party, it became a reason for the clans to attack you cannot bury your head in the sand and just blame Redruum or UF they where not the only ones there.
    Why on earth not? I mean, all's fair, right? Omni-Tek's been burying their heads in the sand about their oppressive segregation and violent behavior towards peaceful people since day 1!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Originally posted by Kirrana
    It is as unfair for you to be duped by this organized attempt to draw you into war with us as it is to make peaceful gatherings appear like violent mobs.

You missed the arguments that went on behind hte scenes - Redruum discussing his role in the "Clan Day" celebrations that he wasn't even at - hell, almost everyone at the April 18th celebrations was very upset by United Freedon's rhetoric and screaming.

It does not surprise me that Omni-Tek blames the gathering. That was the intent all along. OT was waiting for us to slip up, and I can see the smile of Ross's face when the first reports of attacks came in. Hell, I can't even blame you. It is a golden opportunity handed to you by Clan traitors.

I do not and have not supported this "peace" gibberish. I am, however, of the position that action should be reserved for when it is needed, where it is needed. The attacks on April 18th were an insult to true Clan members - people who enjoy the freedom we have, and will fight to protect the freedom of anyone, anywhere, from any entity. The repressive tactics of UF and the other war mongering groups are as great a threat as anything else.

Question Omni-Tek Order and Harmony?

Originally posted by Dwarin

(snipped)

While the clans exist there can be no peace on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Tek stands for order and harmony, and the clans represent the opposite. No matter that this was the work of a few dissidents among their ranks. The yesterday's attacks only show that the clans are an uncontrolled rabble that must be eradicated from our plant.

(snipped)

Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, there has already been three civil wars on Rubi-Ka. Seems to me that Omni-Tek is anything but order and harmony. It's a despotic power that can't prevent its own people from defecting and becoming clan.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm appalled by cowardly attacks on innocent shopkeepers. Nor do I wish the destruction of Omni-Tek. I wish only its displacement as the government of Rubi-Ka.

There'll be peace when Omni-Tek sticks to mining notum and allows the people (clan, omni, neutral) to govern.

-Zarquan
    President of League of Liberty
    (All two of us and, I speak for myself only.)

/me nods

As long as Omni-Tek remains benevolent, I have no issues with them.

When any group threatens harmony, however, they need to be stopped.

Hell, the Clans have fought alongside Omni-Tek against Sol Banking Corporation. That, in itself, reveals more about the politics between Omni-1 and the Council of Truth than anything else.

*sigh*

I don't know what I'm fighting for anymore.

I was unable to attend the ceremonies for April 18th, and when I discover what happened then...

I don't know who the true evil is...who the real enemy is.

Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Originally posted by Vrach
    /me nods

As long as Omni-Tek remains benevolent, I have no issues with them.

When any group threatens harmony, however, they need to be stopped.

Hell, the Clans have fought alongside Omni-Tek against Sol Banking Corporation. That, in itself, reveals more about the politics between Omni-1 and the Council of Truth than anything else.
    Thanks, Razishlyat. In the long term, I feel optimistic about Rubi-Ka. We live on a unique planet in all the galaxy and, I think that will bind us together in the end. I fear though, that it may well take another three centuries to find the order and harmony we crave. It is, I believe, the fate of humanity that, we bumble and fumble, taking two steps back for every three we take forward. But, we have always managed to progress in the face of stupidity and foolishness. Perhaps I'm being overly romantic, I don't know. Maybe they are right when they say Rubi-Ka is the end of humanity, but I refuse to believe it.

-Zarquan

Originally posted by Teknomancer
    *sigh*

I was unable to attend the ceremonies for April 18th, and when I discover what happened then...

I don't know who the true evil is...who the real enemy is.

Dear Akaran:

I will not pretend to have an answer for you, for what *you* are fighting for. That can only come from your heart and mind.

Be wary though, of the language of hatred.

Sincerely,
    -Zarquan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast