Thread: Add a role playing channel

Add a role playing channel

Some people were talking on OOC today and the idea came up that a rp channel on the chat is needed.

b
    u
    m
    p
    b
    u
    m
    p
    b
    u
    m
    p
    b
    u
    m
    p
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

yes i agree

I often have nice ideas about things that should be in game, or see others with great ideas. But this has to be the one we really should have.

Its silly to think this is a roleplaying game, the whole aspect of it for most people. Yet we have an out of character chan before we get a roleplaying one.

As most people use the OCC chan to broadcast events etc anyway it makes sense to create an RP chan. To many people complaint rightly about using the OCC chan for RP but people have no choice in the matter its the only way we have to talk to people on mass.

An RP channel would be create a good way to build up RP community and bring people together.

I think its a great idea and I am rather surprized FC have not put one in all ready, given its a copy of the OCC with a name change is must be very easy for them to do

kirrana

Thumbs up

bump! would be great!
    "Woe unto those who would tempt us from our path. Woe unto those who would defile the the Spirit in transgression against Him. For them I shall show no mercy. Such is the will of Bantz"

Suggested that some time ago - but there was no response from FC.

Glad to see someone else bringing up this sort of idea.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Even better. Open a dimension who is RP only then the OOC'ers can have their fun on the OOC dimensions.
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

It won't work. You'll always have people talking about things such as:

"THE LAG, FC FIX THE LGA DAMNIT"

and

"I just ordered a pizza duud, and I spilled Mountain Dew on my keyboard."

and

"The Doors are the best band evar!"

etc. Unless the message is moderated before being displayed (which is not possible) you will have OOC messages.
    Main: Chando

It is a MMORPG

Don't open a role playing dimension. Open a OOC dimension.

IMHO, Vicinity is the role playing channel. If you need to, you can add Vicinity[OOC] - FC's attempts to add OOC and shopping channels met with failure, but they tried. I don't see them adding a role playing channel. If they did, it should be vicinity.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I'm all for a RP channel myself, I think that would rock.