Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a new rant about MAs and there non-uberness

Post MAs are fairly uber

MAs are good enough. Right now my new MA is at level 34 and I am killing pure reds (yes, all the way to the right on the POD) in missions. No OE'd implants or armour. If that's not uber, I don't know what is!

well...I love my MA

Maybe its just me but I am very happy with my MA. I currently am level 60 and I am self buffed into all my armor and implants, I use fists only and have my nano skills maxed, agility and sense maxed str and stam are around 200 and body dev is maxed. I have MA, brawl, and demach maxed and I have around 1800 hitpoints that I can raise during a fight with heals. I solo missions QL 84-90 as a rule and do quite well. In a team I am always doing the most damage or at least it looks that way, I hit around 200-400 and i crit for 780, i brawl crit for 900 and normal brawl is around 450. The only thing i will be doing with the IP reset will be trying to equip a bow

wow lvl 30- and lvl 64

im impressed newbs, get a clue and stop posting bull****, lvl 60 doing ql 90 missions.. YA RIGHT! maybe we a group twinkle toes...

I ain't buying it.

I have talked with a level 200 MA that is convinced MA is the most powerful class in the game.

According to her no other class has the potential for solo that the MA does. That is why the first level 200 was an MA. Other classes stagnate past a certain level when groups become scarce, not the MA.

She also has an apprentice title in PvP. Roots don't stop her, she can debuff faster than they can root because of the long recharge time on roots.

In her almost exact words: "While most classes are like rock, paper, sissors in PvP... The MA is good against them all."

My MA twink is only level 50+, (I sort of half-gave-up my ADV)... and found it to be "uber".

It's so damm easy to play. I could solo and fight red mobs like they are nothing... better still, don't have to keep farming for the weapon of the right QL.

But honestly.. level 50+ is too young a level to show anything. Still, the MAs I've teamed with (using my 140 ADV) are damm good. They hit hard (coz they crit so often, especially with BRAWL), and tank well (they seldom get hit due to high evades). With an MA in the team, we could actually do a doc's job!

Teach u guys one trick. To fight faster than 1/1, get an ADV to casth tiger morph on you. If u can stand the violent camera, u WILL love that morph. (it adds to your damage too....)
    (Only MAs asks me for that morph.. nobody else does).

MJ, bud, just to let you know....

I don't advise posting that your level 34 ANYTHING is uber, and everyone needs to be quiet. Ever. At level 34 you are still in the butter zone with your MA. Wait about forty levels till you hit title cap. Trust me, at level 99 you will be complaining that MA's need a bit of loving. I know, because at level 99 I did. Yet at level 34, like you, I was doing full difficulty missions and earning uber gear, cash and XP.

In short, posting thoughts on a profession and such, or ideas for how to improve a profession is okay at any time. However, posting that a high level player needs to stop whining because your level 34 character can do soooo much better is not a good idea. It will only get you flamed. I advise playing a character to at least level 75 before you start posting like THAT.

This is not a flame, just some friendly advice.

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

I have to agree the lv100 title level cap are painfull. Even thou, I am still solo red at lv90, but I could felt my power start fading. I think 5 more level, I would have resolved in killing green and yellow which take ages to level. Basically, at that state, every ma have two choice.
    1. Advance your TS, PM and SI, so you could cast VS.
    2. Advance your attr and treatment, so you could wear ql150 implant.

Either way, you attack rating will stuck at lv83 and you found yourself tend to missed more often. I think what we need is a better MA buff at around lv90. Preferable, an upgrade to MA mastery and dirty fighter.

I dunno, Leumas. I started casting VS around 90 and that's with ql125 implants in. (I'm so non-uber.) Using the fun-fun hit-and-run/zone tactics I'm so terribly fond of, I can solo ql 123 missions...at 96. And my Treatment's been capped for ages... So I'm thinking your third choice (you said we get two) is "change tactics". I've been doing the 120-ish missions solo for a couple of levels now, and I get about a third to a half of a level per mission. Zone-tag *is* slow though, and doesn't work in areas with, say, sand mantises. *mutter*
    Testlive addict.

Exclamation Non uber? yah rite...

Martial Artists after 14.2 WILL BE TOTALLY UBER. Only MA's and Agents will get a $^%@ing crit off EVER and MA crit buffs are the only ones to last any decent length of time. In comparison to EVER OTHER profession MA's will be WAY UBER! So stop saying they suck it is utter bull****.

--------------------------------
    Freshman Cher Kyrenn Jurik - 86 soldier

Man, I gotta figure out a way to solo reds like all these MAs are. I have a hard time soloing some dark oranges quite often. I'm not very good at twinking a character or powergaming or whatever it's called admittedly. I just sorta play and try to have fun...

The best that I can hope for is that when I get higher in level and still playing just to have fun that I can still take on yellow mobs I guess.

MAs are good right now. However, there are still BUGS to be addressed. There are also many issues with their "special attacks," specifically the amount of time they lock the MA skill for.

MA specials currently require major IP sinkage, yet don't really offer that much additional damage. After 14.2, your best bet will be to either go 2he and wield a West Wind katana, or go Piercing and multi melee, and wield 2 hand claws. QL 200 Hazangerine Claws do 40-310(300) fire damage each. The West wind katana does 40-400(400) chem damage. The claws are 1.2s/2s timing, the katana is 1s/3s time. Personally I wish they would decrease the equip time on bows so I could wield a Schuyler at long range then quick switch to a West Wind when I close in.

Well, here's some news for you non-sympethetic, heartless SoBs who've never experience the min damage problems that the MAs once had.

Most MAs lvl 150+ endured not being able to do 50% missions from lvl 80 until patch 13.9 when MA damage was increased. MAs were not only outdamage by every other class, but our sole purpose in a group was to crit buff and heal. Now most people didn't start an MA to be a f*cking nurse.

Here's a nice little breakdown of what MAs do:
    1) Deal Damage

Here's what MAs don't do:
    1) Buff your stats
    2) Use Tradeskill
    3) Calm

Well, you get the point. MAs are damage dealers, and we're not good tanks. MAs will never be able to Tank a boss mob like a soldier or an enforcer, or even a Pet.

I totally agree. In my opinion, an MA should be able to do significantly more damage than an Enforcer due to the fact that the MA will never be able to take the kind of damage that an Enforcer can. Thus, I think the new MA weapons that are coming in 14.2 are a good sign and a good way of balancing things. I would still like to see 1) special attacks available while wielding MA weapons 2) Skill lock time for MA specials like Shen to be decreased 3) Currently useless specials like Bright Blue Pointless Attack and Angel of Endlessskilllock to be completely reworked to actually serve a function. Angel of Night sounds like a nice idea. It is an AoE MA special centered on the MA. The problem is that it does tiny tiny amounts of damage and locks the MA skill for something like 10 minutes. Bright Blue Cloudless Sky is just simply a completely worthless attack at the moment; I wouldn't be sad if they completely deleted it.

ANd once again, I'd like to say that the equip times on all bows need to be decreased BIG TIME. At the very least, unequipping should be made different. I can understand taking 6 seconds or so to equip the bow in the first place, but unequipping it would simply involve dropping the sucker. That should be instantaneous. They need to remove unequip times, and just have equip times. Please Funcom, I understand that it needed to be changed back then to prevent people from being able to equip any weapon instantly. But making equip times = unequip times should have been a temproary bandaid. Please, just rework it so that when you equip a weapon it checks that weapon's equip time, and doesn't check ANYTHNG about the weapon you had on before. It just doesn't make sense to take so much time just to put down a weapon.

All...I got to...say...is that it...could be...worse...You could...be an advent...or a...fixer...They cant...solo or...pvp worth a...darn...and they have...no buff...that anyone...wants...

(I just love ellipses too...)
    Pause life, play games.

Originally posted by Bizzaro
    All...I got to...say...is that it...could be...worse...You could...be an advent...or a...fixer...They cant...solo or...pvp worth a...darn...and they have...no buff...that anyone...wants...

(I just love ellipses too...)
    OMG IT'S BILL SHATNER!!

oh well

All I have to say is that I speak truth, you really dont have to believe me, I wont lose sleep over it. I was just letting people know what my experiance has been, Maybe im a newb because im level 60 or maybe im uber because Ive been role playing since before most people put on diapers. Jason X give me a tell sometime and maybe i can help you fix some of your problems.

Shh...dont tell...anyone...Pip...
    Pause life, play games.

just my 2 cents

Personally I feel the MA should be the hardest class to hit. Enforcers have HPS, Soldiers have MK sheilds...I think that MA's should have UBER evades that make them the toughest class to hit.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    THE GROUP POWER IS MINE!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I don't need you, YOU need ME!

We do. They are all green.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Originally posted by runey
    I dunno, Leumas. I started casting VS around 90 and that's with ql125 implants in. (I'm so non-uber.) Using the fun-fun hit-and-run/zone tactics I'm so terribly fond of, I can solo ql 123 missions...at 96. And my Treatment's been capped for ages... So I'm thinking your third choice (you said we get two) is "change tactics". I've been doing the 120-ish missions solo for a couple of levels now, and I get about a third to a half of a level per mission. Zone-tag *is* slow though, and doesn't work in areas with, say, sand mantises. *mutter*
    Well, at 82 I would able to solo every red mob(except LB and warbot) without resourse to zonning. At 90, I have to zone from time to time when dealing with enf, adv and ma mob. I called this a decrease of my power. Although zoning are techniqually consider a tactic, but it's definitely not a good one. As for the sand mantises area, you could simply flight to other side of hill for recover.

I understood I can't solo red forever, but the fact is enforcer at my level can and still solo red with ease. The main reason are because I have been punching for the same damage since lv 83 and will continue do so for atleast another 9 level.

My sympathy to those who can't solo red at level 90. But as Cson had point out, ma are only good in damage dealing. We dun have trade skills ability, hp buff..etc etc...as you proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast