Thread: A Daughter's Desire OR How to turn a Mother's Hair Gray 101 OR The Young Intern-Op

Talking A Daughter's Desire OR How to turn a Mother's Hair Gray 101 OR The Young Intern-Op

“In this house, I am the one making the rules, and you are the one following them. That means... you come home when I ask you to, you do your homework, you stay at home when told. You don't challenge my decisions when they are final.”

The words of her new mother hit her like a ton of bricks. She realized that being the daughter of Hayley Dinnen would not be something that allowed her plenty of freedom. However, one thing stuck out over all others. “Homework?”

“Yes. I'm enrolling you to Omni-Teks educational facilities in Rome. You'll start next week... you think you'd get away with no school?”

The ton of bricks became tons of tons of bricks... school? She realized that Lem was tutored by Dupont, a very prestigious teacher, and she would not be. The reason... she could only assume it was because Lem was more advanced than her age. But now, without Lem’s mind, she was nothing but a young teenager with no basic education with the exception that the brain chip provided her. No... this was not her. More than anything, she wanted one thing... to follow in her mom’s footsteps. The reasoning behind that logic she couldn’t figure out with the exception that it just seemed right. Thus, her quest to become an Intern-Op of Omni-Tek began.

She decided to ask her mom about it right there and then... though first asked for some sort-of ‘weekly-deposit’ into her credit account. Coming off of that victory, she felt invincible, and thus popped the question. “Well... instead of going to some educational facility... or I can still do that and all... but... um... well I didn't say instead... because education is very important... especially since I don't know how much I do know without her in my head...” her mom kept asking her to just say it. This was easier than what it seemed. Although she still had to see a doctor for a check-up, she knew that due to her accelerated growth she was probably no older than fourteen, maybe even thirteen. Though she was already grown a bit thanks to an early puberty, she was still at least four years from being able to insure with the local scanners of the planet. “But... um... I was wondering if... well... after-school and all... I could... come...” stutter stutter stutter. The words just would not come out, so with a deep breath she spat out all of it at once: “workwithyouinyourworkplacedoingwhatyoudo”.

It was as feared. Her mom looked to her seriously tapping her knees before shaking her head with a smile. Then... it came! “Yes, Chelle...” Wonderful! She couldn’t believe it! Her mom said... said... oh... she wasn’t finished yet... her hopes were slashed within a moment after being at an all-time high: “You can come to Vector Blue in due time. But first school and then, when you're of age, I'll take you to talk to Jen about it.” Oh, and to add to it... the most horrible fear realized it with the next words forming on her mom’s tongue: “You’re *far* too young yet.” she said with much emphasis on the word far. So when could she join? “No training until you’re able to scan and reclaim.” No! No whining or complaining could change her mom’s mind about it either. “If you die before you're able to scan, you are dead forever. Do you really think I would put you in any danger? I've already lost one...I'm not going to lose the second.”

The second... yes... it just had to come down to that. The one her mom had become attached to now came back to haunt her. Dammit Ari! But this was not going to stop her. No! Her determination was strong to help her mom and to learn to be like her. She wanted nothing more than to work side-by-side with her, sharing their lives together. After all, her mom had told her that they would be together forever, and nothing would change that. Thus, she said the one thing that under normal situations she would be just too afraid to say. “Fine... I'll do it without your permission then...”

This was a poor choice in words. Later on upon reflection, she would look back and decide that... next time... it would be better to break the rules without first declaring it first. “Didn't we just talk about house rules?” Chelle nodded to her mom. “Good. Then you know that breaking them will have an impact. So...you will *not* start battle training without my consent.”

Well, Jen... that is... Ms. Markarian (it was so hard to call her that as she had always known her as just Jen... but to do so she knew would be disrespectful and didn’t want to appear as such) would never let her do this. So she did the only thing she knew how to do in this case, cheat. At first she had stolen the communicator off of someone she found sleeping, the name ‘Uriya’ was imprinted onto the machine. Upon investigation of it, she realized that it was nothing more than some poor old woman’s. The visual monitor was shattered, the internal system busted up... perfect for someone who needed to disguise herself.

First came disaster! She had accidentally called some Clanner named McDuff thinking he was the leader of an intern-op division! This caused her to re-think her strategy. Better talk to Ms. Markarian. So she did. Oh... what a mistake! Sure it worked, but not to the same effect that she wanted. She had tricked her into saying the words she needed. Saying she was eighteen years old and asking if that was enough, the words came: “I've seen people younger than this work fer us”. But meeting in person was different from talking on a communicator. “Yeah... actually... we could do with someone to take care of tha paperwork...” PAPERWORK?! That isn’t real work! That isn’t going undercover or working to uncover a conspiracy against the company! That isn’t working watching the grid-system for security leaks! Sure, she did promise Chelle that she wouldn’t mind assigning her under her mom for training (an idea Chelle had planted in Ms. Markarian’s head over the course of the chat) “but I wouldn't do THAT without talking to Hayley first, in any case. I said I'll talk her into this. But I dun't want it to be a problem either. Bad ambiance in tha department and all. So I need to... prepare her first, I think.” Yea right. Mom would never agree. This is a dead-end.

Chelle searched and searched. School loomed ahead of her the next week. Four more days and she’d be there, with no hope of ever working with her mom. If only she had a bit of luck... well lady luck (or should she say mister luck) walked in the form of that of “Colonel Craddock, Omni-InternOps Division 3.” He answered as his name. A bold move it was. This Intern-Op agent, call-sign EternalForce, had been talking with a Clanner named Caid and an Omni employee of Shadow-Ops named Malachii a few moments before. When the two others left, she decided to take the chance and go for it.

“I was seeking to get into employment of Omni-Tek... and I wanted to work for an intern-op agency.” How she swore those words echoed throughout the rooms of Rompas! Not only was it totally un-professional, but the Colonel probably was not in the best of moods. Still, the chance presented itself and... she knew... if somehow someway she could just get into *any* intern-op division her mom would pull her out in a second and transfer her to Vector Blue. The plan was sound, what could go wrong?
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Success... for at least a few moments...

Eternalforce: I see...

Chrysallys: Though few will give me a chance to, it's very frustrating.

Eternalforce: InternOps departments are very careful about who they recruit... only the most loyal and dutiful are considered.

Eternalforce: We must be sure your dedication to the Corporation is unwavering.

Chrysallys: Sir, I won't let you down sir.

Eternalforce: So you're interested in joining Division 3?

Chrysallys: I wanted to join my... <coughs> I mean, I asked to join Vector Blue but they seem reluctant to give me the opportunity...

Eternalforce: Hm, and how is that?

Chrysallys: Um... my age sir...

Eternalforce: Which is?...

Chrysallys: Um... <looks around the room for a moment> Seventeen sir, they say because I'm not eighteen yet I can't be hired...

Eternalforce: I see...

Eternalforce: You realize that if I gave you a job, Jen would kill me.

Chrysallys: Um... why is that sir?

Eternalforce smirks

Eternalforce: You think I do not realize who you are?

Chrysallys: Um...

Chrysallys looks confused

Chrysallys: My name is Chelle sir... why?

Eternalforce: Chelle "Chrysallys" Dinnen, child of Hayley "Wavebreak" Dinnen, agent of Vector Blue

Chrysallys bites on her lower lip

Chrysallys: Um...

Chrysallys shakes her head

Chrysallys: No sir! You must be mistaken...

Eternalforce: Contrary to popular belief, InternOps DOES keep an eye on the other departments.

Eternalforce: And our intelligence department actually does something besides eat doughnuts.

Chrysallys: Come on sir... I'm eighteen... I'm old enough, mom is just too cautious..

Eternalforce: You said you were seventeen...

Chrysallys: Um.. yes sir... I turn eighteen in... two months I mean... which is close enough right?

Eternalforce sizes up Chrysallys.

Eternalforce: Well, considering your parentage, I at least know you would make an effective agent

Chrysallys smiles.

Chrysallys: That's right sir! Mom is just too cautious that's all.

Eternalforce: Hmmm...

Doncarnage: interesting.

Eternalforce: Really, Don?

Chrysallys looks up then looks down hiding herself.

Doncarnage: I didn't know you took to hanging around kids, um, Zack.

Chrysallys looks to don.

Chrysallys: Hey!

Eternalforce: Kids? All I see is one InternOps agent talking to another.

Doncarnage: Is she an agent now? I hadn't realized.

Eternalforce: Why yes she is. I just got approval from Director Age.

Success! Somehow... no... she knew it! Luck had shone upon her! Don Matusz had inadvertently played the key that unlocked the chest she had been seeking! Obviously, this Intern-Op agent, had rushed the clearance procedures in the mere effort to spite Matusz! Looking at her datapad confirmed the truth in it! The news and information of Division 3 ran through her system. Now, her mom would have no choice but to either accept her within her own division or let her stay there! She felt sorry for having to lie to Craddock about it however, she was not very truthful with him about her age, but it worked! Within a day she knew that either Ms. Markarian or her mom would know about this, but that was all that was needed. She was in, and she would never be let go.
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

O what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive! :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

An angry looked, flashes at the screen of her terminal - as if the machine could be held responsible for what had happened after Chelle had called her, asking to meet, wanting to show her something. A long irritated sigh, clenching her fists again, once, then twice, trying to cool down, to think clearly, to take the right decision.

Take a decision? Jen hadn't taken one yet. She felt like Chelle had tried to force her hand, and though a part of herself wanted to avoid her the trouble, the other part knew that she couldn't let the girl go away with it as if nothing had happened. Not after the way she had double-crossed Hayley and her... as well as Nathan and Zack. Thus, if this was to be ugly... let it be in the end. It would teach her a little lesson.

Pursing her lips, teeth still grittd, Jen linked her comm-unit to the terminal, la nuching the translation tool that would convert the recorded conversation into a voice Gridmail. Voice was better - Hayley wouldn't be able to accidentally jump further in the conversationg as she would with a written document. She was going to be pissed-off, certainly even more than herself was I this moment. And let it be. Hayley was her friend, as as such... the Fixer owed her the truth, not some lame excuse.

To: Hayley Dinnen
    Subject: Chelle
    Transmission code: PP-45/ZD

Hayley,

I'm currently at a loss fer words. Please listen to tha whole conversation I'm including with this gridmail. It's about Chelle. It's gonna piss ya off, just as it did me. She din't want me to tell ya, but... ya have tha right to know what happened.

Please dun't mind meh fer this; she took me as unaware as I'm taking ya now, and I'm still pretty angry. I must however acknowledge that she *did* act cleverly at some points, and that I can understand her motives all too well. But in any case - if there's one person who needs to be fully told about, it's ya.

So here it is.

:: Beginning vocal transmission ::

08:59: Chrysallys: Ms Markarian!
    09:00: Silentwraith: The thing is under surveilance
    09:00: Chrysallys shows off her new uniform
    09:00: Silentwraith: wait
    09:00: Demenzia: Ah, CHelle. Hello. Did ya already meet Seryk?
    09:00: Chrysallys smiles
    09:00: Silentwraith: I know you
    09:00: Chrysallys: Hello Seryk
    09:00: Demenzia: Fine, then
    09:00: Silentwraith: Hello dear
    09:00: Silentwraith: Its good to see you again
    09:00: Chrysallys smiles to seryk
    09:01: Chrysallys: Same, like my new uniform?
    09:01: Demenzia looks up briefly
    09:01: Silentwraith smiles
    09:01: Silentwraith: Yes I do
    09:01: Demenzia: New? Ya already had it, no?
    09:01: Demenzia slightly frowns
    09:01: Silentwraith: So i see you found a job
    09:01: Chrysallys: Newly lisenced, now that I'm a part of Omni-Tek's Internal Operations.
    09:01: Chrysallys smiles and giggles
    09:01: Demenzia: Yea, it's... what?
    09:02: Demenzia frowns some more, checking her wristpad again, her smile dropping all of a sudden
    09:02: Chrysallys: Yes, Director Age's Division, I think you know him Ms. Markarian.
    09:02: Demenzia: ...How tha ****....
    09:02: Chrysallys giggles some more
    09:03: Silentwraith: Why isnt she working for us Jen?
    09:03: Demenzia: Why? WHY?
    09:03: Chrysallys: Yes Ms Markarian, why am I not?
    09:03: Chrysallys keeps smiling
    09:03: Demenzia: Because yer fifteeen and not able to be insured, ya ****ing IDIOT!
    09:03: Demenzia turns to Chelle, eyes flaring in anger
    09:03: Demenzia: But I see ya dun't give a ****, do ya?
    09:03: Chrysallys: Actually, I'm probably not the same age as lem... maybe thirteen, probably fourteen... but anyhow.
    09:04: Chrysallys giggles
    09:04: Demenzia suddenly walks to CHelle and slaps her hard across the face
    09:04: Chrysallys falls back stopping her giggles
    09:04: Silentwraith: But shes working with intern-ops it seems
    09:04: Chrysallys: OW!
    09:04: Chrysallys rubs her cheek
    09:04: Demenzia: I'm gonna KILL Nathan fer this
    09:04: Chrysallys: Well least *HE* gave me a chance!
    09:04: Demenzia: As fer ya... go get yerself killed and break Hayley's heart. That's what ya want?
    09:05: Demenzia: Ya din't let me ONE ****ING WEEK to talk to her!
    09:05: Chrysallys jumps back
    09:05: Silentwraith holds his rifle
    09:05: Silentwraith: uhh
    09:05: Chrysallys: Well... now... um... Ms Markarian... I never expect to die...
    09:05: Demenzia: Yeah, yeah, nathan will neeeever send ya anywhere or give ya any dangerous job to do. Ya told 'im yer physical age?
    09:05: Chrysallys: Um...
    09:06: Demenzia clenches her fists very hard, slightly shaking
    09:06: Chrysallys: Sort-of... and... er... didn't talk to Director Age..
    09:06: Demenzia: I bet not, or he would never have accpeted ya in, huh?
    09:06: Demenzia: So to who? Zack?
    09:06: Silentwraith puts his hand on Jen's shoulder
    09:06: Chrysallys: Er... Colonel Craddock...
    09:06: Silentwraith: Hey boss
    09:06: Silentwraith: calm down
    09:06: Chrysallys: And I sort-of told him my age...
    09:06: Demenzia: Yeah, then i'm gonna kill Zack. Fine with me
    09:06: Demenzia: "Sort of"?
    09:06: Chrysallys: Er... I sort-of... um.. embelished a bit... said I was eighteen in two months...
    09:07: Demenzia: Eighteen in... oh, FINE!
    09:07: Demenzia: I dun't say "yes" on tha second, so ya go get yerself hired by tha first division on yer way, that's it?
    09:07: Demenzia grits her teeth
    09:07: Chrysallys: Well... you would've never said yes anyhow!
    09:08: Demenzia: Y'know what, Chelle? That's CHILDISH.
    09:08: Chrysallys hmphs
    09:08: Demenzia: And actually, if things are to be this way, i wish MUCH pleasure to yer employers
    09:08: Demenzia: Oh, and of course... I WON'T lift a dfigner when Hayley will leanr about THIS
    09:08: Silentwraith stands staring slackjawed
    09:08: Chrysallys: All I ever wanted was to work with mom a bit!
    09:08: Demenzia: Are ya working with yer mom now? No. So.
    09:09: Silentwraith: Yes?
    09:09: Chrysallys: So if you don't want mom to freak you better get me transferred to your department.
    09:09: Silentwraith: Move along please sir
    09:09: Silentwraith: There is nothing to watch here
    09:09: Demenzia: Blackmailing meh now? HAH!
    09:09: Demenzia: No. i think i'm gonna let HER teach ya a lesson first.
    09:09: Chrysallys winces
    09:09: Chrysallys: Who... mom?
    09:09: Silentwraith: Uh oh
    09:10: Demenzia: Y'know, Chelle. ONE word, and i can have Nathan dismiss ya, too.
    09:10: Demenzia: I'm pretty SURE he doesn't want a 13-years old working on tha field fer hiùm
    09:10: Silentwraith: Even I'm scared of her
    09:10: Chrysallys: No... you couldn't! He wouldn't!
    09:10: Demenzia: He will. Cuz I won't let 'im tha choice
    09:10: Chrysallys: HA! Seperate departments.
    09:10: Demenzia: Yes, and?
    09:10: Silentwraith: No Jen is right
    09:11: Chrysallys: You cant force him to get rid of me..
    09:11: Demenzia: yer useless to him given yer age, 'nyway
    09:11: Silentwraith: Omni would flip their tops if they heard of this
    09:11: Chrysallys: Well like I said, ask him for a transfer, then you can let me do some work that won't get me killed like I asked.
    09:11: Demenzia clenches her fisst some more , seemignyl doing her very best to keep control of herself
    09:11: Demenzia: No.
    09:11: Silentwraith: Hey I need a personal secretary
    09:12: Silentwraith smiles
    09:12: Demenzia: I DUN'T walk under threat, young gal
    09:12: Silentwraith: Seriosuly have alot of paperwork
    09:12: Chrysallys looks to seryk then to ms markarian
    09:12: Demenzia crosses her arms
    09:12: Silentwraith: She wont be in danger
    09:12: Silentwraith: The fridge should be safe
    09:13: Chrysallys: You're my mom's best friend that I know of, come on Ms Markarian.
    09:13: Demenzia: I du'nt want such a childish person in my department, Seryk
    09:13: Demenzia flashes a brief look to Seryk
    09:13: Chrysallys: I'm NOT childish! I'm young!
    09:13: Silentwraith: Maybe what she needs is some work
    09:13: Demenzia: Yer acting childish.
    09:13: Demenzia: "ogh see I work fer them so if ya dun't take me in I'll go on workin g fer them and get myself killed". THAT's childish
    09:13: Chrysallys shrugs
    09:13: Silentwraith: Seriosuly
    09:14: Chrysallys: You can prevent that.
    09:14: Silentwraith: pile of paper
    09:14: Demenzia: What she needs is something to put some lead in her head
    09:14: Silentwraith: this high
    09:14: Silentwraith puts his hand about 3 feet off the grounf
    09:14: Demenzia: I'm sorry Chelle, what ya did, makes me think that I WON'T accept.
    09:14: Silentwraith: Wait
    09:14: Chrysallys: Ms. Markarian, I want to follow in my mom's footsteps. Hey, face it, could a bad agent do what I did?
    09:14: Silentwraith: so that means I have to do it?
    09:15: Silentwraith: Shes got a point
    09:15: Demenzia: Act that chilsidh? Sure
    09:15: Demenzia hmphs
    09:15: Chrysallys: It's not childish! I had to fool TWO agents to get in!
    09:15: Chrysallys puts up two fingers
    09:15: Silentwraith: But she did fool a head of an Omni internal security branch
    09:15: Demenzia: I du'nt give a **** who ya fooled!
    09:15: Chrysallys jumps back
    09:15: Chrysallys: Yea... er... what he said...
    09:15: Silentwraith jumps back
    09:15: Chrysallys points to seryk
    09:16: Demenzia takes a long deep breath
    09:16: Demenzia: It still... doesn't matter
    09:16: Silentwraith: She would have been disciplined in training school
    09:16: Demenzia: I dun't like this kind of stupid reactions, is all
    09:16: Silentwraith: but prolly woulda impressed the instructors
    09:17: Chrysallys giggles
    09:17: Demenzia: Mehbe. I dun't care!
    09:17: Demenzia: i du'nt like being taken fer a moron, and neither see ya take *Hayley* fer a moron!
    09:17: Silentwraith looks over at mock5
    09:17: Chrysallys: I'm NOT taking mom for a moron nor you! er... I took the other two..
    09:18: Chrysallys giggles
    09:18: Silentwraith: Hello
    09:18: Demenzia: Y'know what ya just did CHelle? Given ta fin ger to both of us. Right in our faces.
    09:18: Silentwraith: Something I can help you with?
    09:18: Chrysallys: Please ms markarian... I didn't... really! I wanted to just prove I wasn't just some kid!
    09:18: Demenzia: ya exactly acted like a kid.
    09:18: Demenzia: THAT's tha problem
    09:19: Chrysallys: Well no some kid could've fooled two intern-ops! And I fooled you once before remember? It's in my blood... maybe not mom's blood but she influences me!
    09:19: Demenzia lets out a long angry sigh
    09:20: Chrysallys: Yea so I acted like a kid... yea so I probably would've been disciplined... but as Seryk said, it's damned impressive!
    09:20: Demenzia: ...If ya can't unnerstand by yeself why it's childish,I du'nt see tha point anyway
    09:20: Silentwraith: I'd say give her a chance
    09:20: Demenzia: I wanted to, Seryk.
    09:20: Silentwraith: She screws up again we see if she can talk her way outta Tir
    09:20: Demenzia: I was planning on suggesting taking her as a trainee... see tha procedures, even if not on tha field
    09:20: Chrysallys smiles to seryk but looks quickly back to ms markarian
    09:20: Demenzia: But now, i dun't feel like doing it anymore
    09:20: Chrysallys: Mom would've objected flat-out! I needed to prove myself!
    09:21: Demenzia: Yah, and what will she say when she learns 'bout it?
    09:21: Demenzia: BY tha way... I'm SURE nathan and Zack will appreciate knowing that ya entered their departmens just to cause pressure on Hayley and meh...
    09:21: Chrysallys jumps
    09:21: Chrysallys: No no no! That's not neccessary!
    09:21: Demenzia: IT IS!
    09:21: Silentwraith sips on his tea
    09:22: Silentwraith watches the drama
    09:22: Chrysallys: Please Ms Markarian, haven't you ever done something because you really wanted it despite the costs?
    09:22: Demenzia: I did, yes.
    09:23: Chrysallys: Well I did too.
    09:23: Demenzia: I did, and half of the time it caused meh problems.
    09:23: Silentwraith hands Stefan some coffee
    09:23: Demenzia crosses her arms on herchest again, apcing a little, seemingly to calm herself down
    09:23: Chrysallys: Well I dont care! If it causes me problems I'll deal with it, but it's a risk I had to take!
    09:24: Demenzia: Whatever.
    09:24: Demenzia: I am NOT integrating ya. THis is something I n eeded to tell to hayley FIRST, and TALK WITH HER, and I WON'T act otherwise
    09:25: Chrysallys: You said it yourself that younger people than eighteen have worked for omni-tek... I am not violating any rules!
    09:26: Chrysallys: In fact, I checked my history... scanners haven't been here forever! In fact, off-worlders only have one life!
    09:26: Demenzia: Yeah. Fer Omni-Tek. NOT fer our specific divisions
    09:27: Demenzia: And ya ain 't eighteen. Technically, yuer thriteen, remmeber?
    09:27: Chrysallys: So? I'm growing...
    09:28: Silentwraith pulls up a chair
    09:29: Chrysallys: Please Ms Markarian...
    09:29: Chrysallys: Just let me explain..
    09:29: Demenzia keeps her arms folded, looking down to Chelle
    09:29: Demenzia: Then do. And tha explanation better be a good one
    09:29: Chrysallys: Alright.. um..
    09:29: Chrysallys: I talked with mom...
    09:29: Chrysallys: She was against it flat-out.
    09:30: Chrysallys: I then asked if I could speak with you, she said I didn't have a chance AT ALL to convince you I could do something.
    09:30: Chrysallys: She even told me I couldn't.
    09:30: Demenzia: Well yer chances have grown very thin, indeed!
    09:31: Demenzia hmphs
    09:31: Chrysallys: <frowns> anyhow... I figured I needed to do something to show I could become an intern-op agent... so I snuck out one night to the sewers...
    Last edited by Demenzia; Dec 6th, 2003 at 11:21:17.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

09:31: Demenzia 's breath stops for a second
    09:31: Silentwraith: ok
    09:31: Silentwraith: can we say
    09:32: Silentwraith: BAD TIMING?
    09:32: Chrysallys: It didn't take long, I found someone who was shot, probably a gang... I was really scared... but...
    09:32: Demenzia: Hayley will also appreciate eharing of *this*, really...
    09:32: Demenzia frowns hard
    09:32: Chrysallys: But... <gulps but looks resolved to continue>
    09:33: Chrysallys: I found her communicator... and took it... that was the Uriya identifyer...
    09:33: Chrysallys: Then I quickly left... smelled... so took a bath before going back to bed..
    09:34: Demenzia: Fine, fine, I know tha sewers very well, go on
    09:34: Chrysallys: So I fiddled with it a bit, and called you.
    09:34: Demenzia: Yeah, I know this too. pass on .
    09:34: Chrysallys: You agreed to meet a new recruit... a *young* recruit... age isn't important... um...
    09:35: Demenzia: Ya said eighteen. It's tha limit, but it's possible. But NOT thirteen , dammit!
    09:35: Chrysallys: Well you still said so!
    09:35: Demenzia: I know!
    09:35: Chrysallys: Then you said you'd talk with mom! Who flat-out said no!
    09:35: Demenzia: Actually, Chelle, i hadn't had tha opportunity to talk to yer mom *at all*
    09:36: Chrysallys: But that wasn't enough, so I used my persuasion on the ones from Division Three, and convinced them...
    09:36: Chrysallys: I know!
    09:36: Chrysallys: She'd be pissed!
    09:36: Demenzia: Ya could've WAITED!
    09:36: Chrysallys: SHE'D BE PISSED!
    09:36: Demenzia: AND THEN? I'M PISSED TOO NOW!
    09:36: Chrysallys: But at least I've proven myself!
    09:37: Chrysallys: I'll stack papers for all I care, I want to train under mom!
    09:37: Demenzia: Ya haven't proven anything, except that yer still a kid AND that ya dun't care a **** 'bout taking Hayley and myself fer ****ing morons!
    09:37: Chrysallys: THAS NOT TRUE!
    09:37: Chrysallys sighs
    09:38: Demenzia keeps her arms folded, seemingly more to prevent herself from slapping CHelle again
    09:38: Demenzia: Well that's tha way i feel it
    09:38: Demenzia: And that's tha way nathan and Zack will feel too when i explain it to them
    09:38: Chrysallys: As Seryk said, if I was in-training I'd be in deep-trouble, I am I know, but still... what I did was damn'd impressive!
    09:39: Demenzia: I dunno. i'm way more pissed-off than impressd right now
    09:39: Chrysallys: Well... true... but maybe after you get some sleep and all... you will be...
    09:39: Demenzia: Oh fer ****'S SAKE, dun't tell ME what I need to do!
    09:39: Chrysallys winces
    09:40: Chrysallys: Er... sorry...
    09:40: Demenzia: Yeah... ya can be
    09:40: Chrysallys frowns lowering her head
    09:40: Chrysallys: I just wanted mom to be proud of what I wanted to do... work with her... as a team...
    09:41: Demenzia: She won't be proud at THIS, I can tell ya
    09:41: Demenzia: Not mentioning tha shame when Division 3 will learn 'bout eyr reasons fer joining 'em too!
    09:41: Chrysallys: Well... that's not true...
    09:42: Demenzia: Oh yeah? What ain't true?
    09:42: Demenzia: That ya came to 'em JSUT to make me change my mind and take ya in?
    09:42: Chrysallys: No... I wanted to join Division Three because... I wanted to be an intern-op like mom...
    09:42: Chrysallys: But I rather work with her than them...
    09:43: Demenzia: ...Then why din't ya simply gave me a FEW DAYS to talk to her...
    09:43: Chrysallys: Because I was scared you wouldn't let me!
    09:43: Chrysallys sighs
    09:43: Demenzia: Did I look like completely opposed to tha idea? Not that I can remember of
    09:43: Chrysallys: mom did!
    09:43: Demenzia: Did I tell ya "no, and i'll never talk her into it"?
    09:44: Chrysallys frowns
    09:44: Chrysallys: sorry...
    09:44: Demenzia: Being sorry won't help anything
    09:44: Demenzia: Een if I agreed now, I ai 'nt sure she'd accept... simpl cuz ya did what ya did!
    09:44: Chrysallys lowers her head and shakes it
    09:45: Chrysallys: Please... I just wanted... to be with her more often...
    09:45: Demenzia: ...Ya should *think* some more before acting this way then...
    09:45: Silentwraith sniffles
    09:46: Chrysallys: I know... I made a mistake...
    09:46: Demenzia: An' a big one
    09:46: Demenzia: Cuz I must tell Hayley 'bout it, AND Nathan and Zack too
    09:46: Chrysallys: Yea...
    09:46: Chrysallys frowns
    09:47: Chrysallys: Please... can't you help me... so it's better?
    09:47: Demenzia sighs, then stays silent for a few seconds, shaking her head
    09:47: Demenzia: I dunno.
    09:48: Chrysallys: Please... <sighs> please...
    09:48: Demenzia: I dunno if I want. I dunno if it'll change anything
    09:48: Chrysallys: All I wanted was to be with my mom a bit more... we're a team... we stick together...
    09:48: Demenzia: It ain't a shiny pretty job where everything is beautiful and happy, Chelle. Rather tha contrary. I wouldn't want my own daughter in it,

dammit!
    09:49: Demenzia: And it ai'nt like ya can walk in, look aroun d, peruse it all, adn then say "okay ain't in terested, goin' away"
    09:50: Silentwraith: ONce your in, your in for good
    09:50: Chrysallys: Please Ms. Markarian... with him living at home now... I don't get to be with mom as often as I want to... least this way, we have a

common interest, goal..
    09:50: Silentwraith: But my offer still stands
    09:50: Demenzia lets out an other sigh
    09:50: Silentwraith: Doing some desk work for me would be a good way to get your feet wet
    09:51: Demenzia: ...I dunno.
    09:51: Silentwraith: Dont have anything to lose
    09:51: Demenzia: Yer forcing us in this, and jus' fer that, I'm very, very tempted to say no
    09:51: Silentwraith: Plus with this latest batch of killings down at the Reet
    09:51: Demenzia: SHE has everything to lose!
    09:52: Silentwraith: I need someone to take care of some stuff for me
    09:52: Demenzia: Ya said it yerself... once yer in.. ya can't ignore it...
    09:52: Silentwraith: Been realy busy
    09:52: Chrysallys frowns
    09:52: Chrysallys: I know....
    09:53: Demenzia: Just wanting to be with yer mom more often... I dunno, it ain't tha right reason
    09:53: Silentwraith: You know shed be safe with me Jen
    09:53: Silentwraith yawns
    09:53: Demenzia: I know, Seryk. I know.
    09:53: Silentwraith: man
    09:53: Silentwraith: this tea isnt keeping me awake
    09:53: Chrysallys: Well not just that ms markarian... it's more than that... my future... training...
    09:54: Silentwraith: feels like its putting me to sleep
    09:54: Silentwraith: what kind is it...
    09:54: Silentwraith looks at tea bag label
    09:54: Silentwraith: crap
    09:54: Demenzia: D'ya have any personal reason, at least? and I dun't mean "being with Hayley". But fer ya. Fer yer future. Cuz ya want such a job later

on, not just to do like her?
    09:54: Silentwraith: chamomile
    09:55: Demenzia: Err... i doubt this keeps people awake, y'know...
    09:55: Silentwraith: yeah...
    09:55: Demenzia briefly looks to Seryk
    09:55: Silentwraith yawns again
    09:55: Chrysallys looks to ms markarian and nods
    09:55: Silentwraith: i wasnt paying attention to the bag
    09:56: Chrysallys: I don't want to be book-smart... I don't know... it's just not *me*... I want to be out there... following in my mom's footsteps...
    09:56: Demenzia: But apart of this!
    09:56: Silentwraith: just gonna lean against this
    09:56: Demenzia: Why ya wanna be 'out there'!
    09:56: Silentwraith leans against the post
    09:56: Chrysallys: Because *I* want to!
    09:57: Demenzia: Did she tell ya 'bout sneaking in Clan territories, or killing people, or crafting deadly Grid-viruses that'll kill anyone tries to break

through our servers?
    09:57: Chrysallys: No... but she did...
    09:57: Demenzia: Did she tell ya that it ain't shiny and full of glory, but that we crawl in dirt and blood all tha time to fill our duties?
    09:57: Demenzia looks to Chelle with a fiery gaze
    09:57: Silentwraith head begins to nod down, as his eyes close and he begins to snore
    09:58: Chrysallys: Yes... she did... she also told me of long-nights and questioning whether she was doing something really right... but... she wasn't, she

did it wrong... I am not going to make that same mistake...
    09:58: Silentwraith: Wha..what was that?
    09:58: Silentwraith looks around nervously
    09:58: Demenzia: Are ya ready fer this, Chelle? Are ya ready? Look't me in the eyes, an' tell meh that yer ready?
    09:59: Chrysallys looks to Ms. Markarian
    09:59: Demenzia simply whispers, "Seryk? Whatcha doing..."
    09:59: Silentwraith falls back asleep
    10:00: Chrysallys: Of course I am not ready... not for the work you do... but there is still stuff I can do, learn, train with... so when I *am* ready I won't

be just some rookie that is useless to the department...
    10:00: Silentwraith slowly begins sliding off the post
    10:00: Chrysallys: Er... he's gonna fall..
    10:00: Silentwraith falls
    10:00: Demenzia: Seryk!
    10:01: Demenzia: ...Sheesh...
    10:01: Chrysallys: See... think of this... as an advantage...
    10:01: Demenzia runs her hands through her hair, shaking her head, sighing
    10:01: Chrysallys: Ms Markarian, what happens if youre shot?
    10:01: Demenzia: I dunno. I dun't have tha right to take this decision.
    10:01: Demenzia: If I'm shot? I reclaim.
    10:02: Chrysallys: What if your shot with an anti-matter weapon?
    10:02: Demenzia: I dunno. mehbe I die. Mehbe not.
    10:03: Chrysallys: For me, I'm dead either way. But if I grow up, with that knowledge, when I can reclaim, I won't reclaim as often because I'll be more

careful... and... I might avoid getting shot by that anti-matter weapon...
    10:03: Demenzia flashes a brief, very bitter smile
    10:03: Demenzia: I told ya. In any case, I can't take this deicison n ow, nor alone.
    10:03: Chrysallys: But you already are!
    10:04: Chrysallys: Yes or no I don't know but I know you are!
    10:04: Demenzia turns to Chelle, her gaze hard again
    10:04: Chrysallys: O... kay... er... mebbe... not...
    10:04: Chrysallys backs away a step
    10:04: Demenzia: Du'nt make me regret taking it!
    10:04: Chrysallys: I won... er... taking it? You mean...
    10:05: Chrysallys looks to ms markarian hopefully
    10:05: Demenzia: In any case, I WILL have to tell it to Hayley
    10:05: Chrysallys looks like she was shot in the gut
    10:05: Demenzia: And not cuz i'm her boss , but cuz I'm her friend
    10:05: Chrysallys: PLEASE! DONT!
    10:05: Demenzia: But what were ya expecting!
    10:05: Chrysallys: She's gonna kill me..
    10:06: Demenzia: That I sneak ya in and tell her on monday "hey, hun, look who we got in"?
    10:06: Chrysallys: Er... um... why not?
    10:06: Demenzia: Thezn she'll kill ya, and that'll be a good lesson fer ya
    10:06: Chrysallys frowns
    10:06: Chrysallys: Um... what if...
    10:06: Demenzia: Actually... I wonder if i won't simply sent her a record of this conversation>. So that she can read it all
    10:06: Demenzia flaashes a nasty smirk
    10:06: Chrysallys coughs
    10:06: Chrysallys: YOU WOULDNT!
    10:07: Demenzia: Why wouldn't I. Best way ti let her know what happened exactyl
    10:07: Demenzia: shrugs
    10:07: Chrysallys: Lying excessively, deciet, sneaking out, going to dangerous areas... I won't be alive after that!
    10:07: Demenzia shrugs
    10:07: Demenzia: Too bad fer ya.
    10:07: Demenzia: But I AIN'T gonna lie and hide this to her
    10:07: Chrysallys begins to cry and uses her hands to rub her eyes
    10:08: Demenzia: Oh yeah, cry. Makes me feel even more like having ya in
    10:08: Silentwraith walks over holding an armful of drenched clothes and armor
    10:08: Demenzia folds her arms on her breasts again
    10:08: Demenzia: Welcome back, dear. Water was good?
    10:08: Chrysallys rubs the water off her eyes and shakes her head
    10:09: Silentwraith: yes
    10:09: Silentwraith: it was wonderful
    10:09: Silentwraith: how about you take a jump
    10:09: Chrysallys gulps
    10:09: Chrysallys mutters, dont give her ideas..
    10:09: Demenzia shakes her head again
    10:10: Demenzia: In any case, Chelle, she WILL know
    10:10: Demenzia: And be aware that all of this has only made things worse
    10:10: Chrysallys: Well.. um.. what-if.. we make it seem.. er.. less.. troublesome?
    10:10: Demenzia: Why would we.
    10:10: Silentwraith: thinking like an agent
    10:11: Chrysallys: Er... what-if... um...
    10:11: Chrysallys looks to seryk
    10:11: Chrysallys: What he said!
    10:11: Chrysallys points to seryk
    10:11: Silentwraith: hey leave me outta this
    10:11: Demenzia: No.
    10:11: Silentwraith: im just talking outta my drenched ass
    10:11: Chrysallys: No no, listen!
    10:11: Silentwraith: what?
    10:12: Chrysallys: He said that if I was to pull this stunt in training I would be disciplined... so... since I'm under intern-ops now... you can have me do

some stuff or something that way there's less mom will kill me for!
    10:13: Silentwraith: im sitting here now
    10:13: Silentwraith: safer
    10:13: Demenzia shakes her head
    10:13: Chrysallys: Heck, I'll do his paperwork or something.
    10:13: Demenzia: No matter what, I'll tell Hayley 'bout all of this
    10:13: Demenzia: She has tha right t'know
    10:13: Chrysallys frowns
    10:13: Silentwraith: Hey
    10:13: Silentwraith: WHOAH
    10:13: Silentwraith: IDEA!!!
    10:14: Chrysallys looks to seryk
    10:14: Silentwraith: She can cook for us
    10:14: Demenzia: Besides, cuz ya double-crossed us dun't mean that *I* must double-cros HER
    10:14: Silentwraith: We need a cook
    10:14: Chrysallys looks back to ms markarian before muttering, I cant cook..
    10:14: Silentwraith: Youll learn
    10:14: Silentwraith: you wanna be an agent
    10:14: Demenzia: Certainly not with us then
    10:14: Silentwraith: youll learn fast
    10:14: Chrysallys: Um... I have an idea!
    10:15: Chrysallys: How about... er... *I* tell her!
    10:15: Demenzia: Yeah, as if I was gonna buy this
    10:16: Chrysallys: Er... um...

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

10:16: Chrysallys sighs
    10:16: Chrysallys: Alright... tell mom...
    10:16: Chrysallys chokes up
    10:16: Chrysallys takes a seat
    10:16: Chrysallys: I think Im gonna be sick..
    10:16: Demenzia: Yeah. I'll definitively send her *this*
    10:16: Silentwraith: Itll be alright hun
    10:16: Demenzia: Then be, but dun't puke on my shoes
    10:16: Chrysallys shakes her head
    10:17: Silentwraith: Hayley isnt that scary
    10:17: Chrysallys: You don't understand... mom is gonna be so upset... I broke so many rules...
    10:17: Silentwraith shudders
    10:18: Chrysallys: Well... I guess I better go home...
    10:18: Chrysallys: Await my doom..
    10:19: Demenzia: Ya did, but as said... next time, think some more. BEFORE acting
    10:19: Chrysallys: Can't ya put in a good word or something for me please ms markarian?
    10:19: Demenzia: I'll try. Lemme calm down first.
    10:19: Demenzia: Oh!
    10:19: Chrysallys nods slowly
    10:19: Demenzia: ANd clear yer way with Nathan, too!
    10:20: Demenzia: Cuz if ya dun't, I'll do it myself as soon as I see 'im
    10:20: Chrysallys: I... I... will... talk to him... when he returns...
    10:20: Demenzia nods
    10:20: Chrysallys: Great...
    10:20: Chrysallys sighs
    10:20: Demenzia: i'm sorry, Chelle. BUt ya have to take responsibility fer yer actions.
    10:21: Demenzia: I ain't gonna do it fer ya... nor Hayley
    10:21: Chrysallys: Yea... I know..
    10:21: Chrysallys frowns
    10:22: Silentwraith: well chelle
    10:22: Silentwraith: ill put a good word in with hayley for ya
    10:22: Silentwraith ruffles chelles hair
    10:23: Chrysallys looks up to seryk and smiles thankfully
    10:23: Silentwraith: It'll be alright hun
    10:23: Demenzia: Well. Then... i'll be off writing this fardling message to her
    10:23: Demenzia sighs
    10:23: Chrysallys frowns
    10:23: Chrysallys: I'll be going home..
    10:23: Silentwraith: If ya need me just message me
    10:23: Chrysallys: Bye seryk... Ms Markarian...
    10:23: Demenzia: ...Goddbye, Chelle....
    10:23: Demenzia flashes a last hard look

:: End of transmission ::

Hayley, I wantcha t'know I'm really sorry. First cuz with all tha problems this wek, I din't get tha chance to see ya and talk t'ya 'bout Chelle. Second, cuz *this* crap happened today.

In any case... Could we please meet and talk 'bout it together? Alone? When we're calm, that is. I'm still feeling too pissed-off right now, and I know ya'll feel tha same. But mehbe later?

Signing off,

Jen

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --