Thread: Corporate Saboteurs Found - Investigation Underway

Corporate Saboteurs Found - Investigation Underway

Corporate Saboteurs Found - Investigation Underway
    Omni-Tek Press Corps. Affiliate - Red Tape press release
    Argentum, 4-Holes
    December 05, 29477.

Corporate sabotage sets back half year of research for Red Tape, deleted data is valued in the millions and key information on Notum Suit has been lost.

Red Tape, a sub-department of Omni-Admin suffered a major setback recently when their mainframe computers were wiped by saboteurs. Valuable data and equipment was lost for their department’s operations and research projects. The people responsible for the attack escaped capture and remain at large.

Among the research projects affected by this act of techno-sabotage was Red Tape’s ongoing effort to develop a working environmental suit for nanomages. The suit’s development was first announced during a recent Science Symposium. It was designed to finally give nanomages the capability to travel off-world by re-creating the environmental conditions on Rubi-Ka. All six months’ worth of data on the project was lost and among the items stolen, their only prototype suit. The research team has no comment on how this recent act will affect their ability to continue the project.

An investigation authorized by Omni-Administration into the matter has uncovered a saboteur cell working within the sub-department.
    “Based on the existing information and evidence gathered, the saboteurs are found to be not Clan related or funded at this time.” A spokesperson from Omni-Tek said.

It came as a shock and disappointment when the investigation revealed that some of the employees in the saboteur cell have been with Red Tape for a long time.
    “It was unthinkable that those employees, some of whom have been my co-workers for the past year and a half could be the saboteurs.” Administrator Houston replied when asked about how he felt.

Unfortunately, before the saboteurs could be arrested for trial by Omni-Pol officers they were tipped off by an as yet unknown source. The saboteurs managed to erase all employee records for the sub-department before they fled. This has created difficulties for the investigators trying track them down. Authorities say that the saboteurs could be attempting to reinsert themselves into another department, possibly in the armed forces or supply departments. Security analysts expressed concern over a potential "ticking time bomb" scenario where these agents would be able to cause considerably more damage to Omni-Tek through more sensitive measures if they are not found quickly.

During the investigation Administrator Houston has cooperated with Omni-Admin and temparily stepped down as president of the sub-department while further investigations are underway. Cristin ‘Doctorzore’ Svancara has been appointed by Administrator Houston to take his place until the investigation has been completed. It is expected to take several weeks.

The administrator has been reassigned for the duration of the investigation to a prestigious military unit, Midnight Reveries in their expeditions deep into the Shadowlands.

Since this incident happened within a sub-department of Omni-Admin, all investigations are to be conducted by Intern-Ops and all findings relating to the incident are to be forwarded to Omni-Pol's headquarters in Omni-1 through maximum security channels.

It is with great sorrow that I have to see Administrator Houston reassigned to Midnight Reveries. I have my doubts that he will be able to aid further scientific research for the nanomage suit in his current position.

I'll keep an eye on this case and see where it leads. Infiltrations in Admin departments are a serious threat to Omni-Tek security.

Regards,
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

However unusual it may be for a Clanner to show concern when things go wrong Internally with Omni-Tek, I find this quite disturbing. It was stated that the saboteurs were not funded by the Clans. So this makes me worry about everyones security. Is this a threat that the Clans should also look for, or is this group isolated to sabotage within Omni-Tek.

I'd appreciate any more information we could have that will not compromise Omni-Tek's security in order to assure myself and others that we do not have a group like this in our midst.

Thanks in Advance,
    Last edited by Fixerben; Dec 6th, 2003 at 16:07:17.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Hmmm, sad to see Mr Houston step down, he has been probably the most productive member of Omni-Tek since...urmm, well ever in his role there.

As for the actions of this unknown group it sounds awefully like the usual internal backstabbing over money we've come to expect for all these large corporations. Ohh, one groups going to make a hut full of money by releasing this suit, we can't have that so lets nick it and release it ourselves :P But thats just surmising. What it does kind of point to though is the complete lack of internal governing and policing which Omni-Tek needs to install. We've got items disappearing and research destroyed. We've got the Dusters using weapons only high levels of Omni reseach has access too. We've got holes the size of a juggernaut inside Omni-Tek for the last few years and no one is using anything but duct tape to fill it in!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I am very disappointed having learnt of these events while briefly away from Rubi-Ka on personal business. I plan to offer my assistance in the investigation and to help Red Tape recover from these losses.
    Mitchell "Beria" Sosnowski
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat

InternOps will of course look into this thoroughly; such a crime can not go unpunished. In order to conduct our investigation, we will require the full assistance of Red Tape employees. Those who do not cooperate will be punished. Thank you.

Order and unity.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Excuse me, but are you all buying this?

"Oh, someone stole a suit that could make nano-mages leave RK, which is something that we don't want. But due to the Great NLF we must pretend to try to "help" the nano-mages by creating this "suit"."

A short time after presenting it to the public, it get's "stolen" and ALL data on the project, as well as any data on who might have done it get's conveniently "erased".
    And no one is arrested. Except maybe some poor soul that OT believe can take the blame.
    The ever evolving,
    Emticus

---Loading 10%---

It is sad to see something happen like this inside of Omni-Tek. I will be glad to help assist anyway possable. As for the suit, I, being a nanomage myself, think its a great idea. Some may not, but no one is forcing it upon anyone, we do have free will.