Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Collecting hunting places information

so.........

anyone know where an omni can hunt at 100? ( I'm an engineer..... )

Simple spreadsheet - gathering data

I have been following this thread and threw together a simple spreadsheet to gather the data. If anyone wants to contribute, I have it posted here Right-cick and save it to your desktop, add informtation, and e-mail it back to me. I will then post updates back to the site.

Once I gather enough data, I will put something together that is a bit more graphical, along with posting the raw data. Some day, I will "pretty up the site" when I have time or maybe even donate the stuff to someone with a more established site. (like AO basher or something like that)

Note: Ihave not verified any of the listed coordinates yet
    Last edited by Syncronaut; Jul 22nd, 2002 at 22:21:54.
    Globula
    Fashion icon and collector of monster pelts extraordinaire
    Meta-Physicist, RK-2

Mulletfoo
    Strike hard and wear a spiffy Mullet
    Martial Artist, RK-2

Re: RE Tahrus

Originally posted by NanoKiss
    Oki Tahrus, here are the coords for the Places I know of,..

and I don't know where the scorpian pit is, and can't find any around tir,but there might be one out there, maybe you were thinking of the Flea pit, which is pretty well known.

These are all in Greater Tir county, which you reach by leaving the Westgate of Tir and going North. to run right into the temple OP you just head to the Outpost just outside of the westgate thats NW of TIR, then head North, you will Zone, then run along edge of bot mountain, and OP is right there.

20+ Bot Mountain, Rocky Outcrops 1700X2170

20+ Omni outpost, East Broken Ground region 3270X1880 East of temple OP, a good ways, inside a rock formation that can be seen far off.

20+ Scorpion Pit, Greater Tir Country....Flea pit in just Tir county maybe?

30+ Temple, Temple of the 3 winds region 1800X2700

40+ Shades, Plains of Salt 740X2850 West along wall from the Temple OP

40+ Borg Camp Outside, Borg encampment 3229x2347 East from Temple OP

50++ Borg Camp Inside, Same area but inside the encampment

There Is an Outpost in the East by the Borgs and Whale bone woods[ good 20-30 hunting with snakes and reets, just have to watch the scorps, its Heavy aggro land] that outpost is at 2600X2700

IN the West but still GTC is another OP which is south and a little East of the shades. it's at 1000X2000

Outside borgs can be pulled safely with a good 40s team, even less than full, but inside you will need a full well rounded team of 50s, or just a full team of 60s.

There are also A-4000 soldier robots roaming on the Back side of the Wall that is Far north and where the Shades are, you can start at shades and travel East on bleak side of wall killing soldiers till you end up at the Gap by the Borg camp and outpost.

Watch out for the vultures and worms
    thanks!! I'm gonna go drive around Greater Tir County to all these locations to familiarize myself with them, and then start planning my hunt/raid. gonna try to get some places that are in close proximity(running distance) of each other..so that we are all in the same general area...if possible.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

sp

What pepole think of SP isent that the one quite far south in Greater Tirt County ive been hunting there with a team just tryin to figure out where it was

Too idle

Hi in my travels yesterday i passe through what looked like it was supposed to be a Rollerrat valley straight north out of Athens east gate.

Everything was grey to me but i was 70 something.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Angry

Originally posted by usher
    so.........

anyone know where an omni can hunt at 100? ( I'm an engineer..... )
    Yeah where, where, where?
    I feel Great, ooooooh yeaaah!

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
    --Jack Handy

Originally posted by Rastawolf

Yeah where, where, where?
    Has anyone ever hunted in the Ditch?

Ok, the place has some cons, no save term for miles away, the mobs do vicious damage, you need a mezzer if you don't want to get destroyed by adds (ok, level is also important here) but nonetheless it's a good, and nearly unexhaustible hunting spots for lvl 130 - 140+ (I think, I'm lvl 156 and they con darkest orange to red to me)

"The Ditch" (not official, made this up myself because it looks like a big ditch) is filled with stuff like Mantis den guardians, demons, desert incubusses and more of that lifesucking vermin (lifestopper must be the kewlest name for a mob on the planet, especially since they deliver :/) It's tough, brutal, challenging and the appearance of the occasional desert erimite is always good for a laugh or 2 (and a doc at the reclaim )

Anyways, the ditch can be found south of Belial forest, dunno the quickest way to get there, I always grid to harrys and go east from there, it's near the end of the map and if you open your minimap it's just south of that big mountainridge in the middle east of the map. A full team could hunt here indeffinately since tyhe beginning will have respawned when you clear out the end

will post coords when I get honme frmo work and fly there

-mah

PS: there's planty of highish to high lvl game around, jump in your yalm and just fly for a few hours (w00t, few hours no BS missions). I was amazed to what I found
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

101 engi, still using a crappy kodiak........ because engis suck......

103 Eng here that enjoys a good hunt. If anyone is interested in teaming up for hunting (anywhere) give me an in gmae /tell Wintersurf.

-Bored stiff goin r2r in BS

Here's a good one for Omni's

3256x493 in Milky Way

If you go north from 20K until you zone, then go NNE you will see some crashed spaceships.

There are weird Drill monsters there for about 15k xp each (easily done by our team of 6
    lvls 100-110),
    but at the exact coords there is a big spawn of Doombringers, Mind Harvesters & Grievous Wounders.
    Note: Our team got wasted by these guys bc we pulled too much aggro

I have 2.7k AC and I was getting hit for:

Grievous Wonder ~ 300 rad dmg
    Doombringer ~ 400 rad dmg
    Mind Harvesters ~ 800 rad dmg!

No idea what xp these mobs give as we didn't kill any
    Last edited by Taxadion; Jul 25th, 2002 at 15:21:43.
    I feel Great, ooooooh yeaaah!

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
    --Jack Handy

From my own experiences, the only outdoor hunting spots worth the bother are human mob camps.

Monsters hit harder, generally have poor loot, and generally give less xp. So if you're fighting some monster spawn, just know that you'd be getting better xp from similar level human spawns.

I've done very little outdoor hunting myself, since I honestly don't believe there's anyplace outdoors that's as efficient as team missions. However, there have been a few places I felt were close.

Ace camp in eastern foul plains. It's 25% suppression, but I never saw pvp there. There is also a house you can run to when in trouble. It is basically a large compound filled with veterans, aces, really means. Vets assist vets, aces assist aces, etc. Fairly easy to handle adds, the difficulty of which is one of the biggest weaknesses of outdoor hunting. I suppose you could xp here till 200 if you really hate team missions so much. 90+

Bothackers in 20k. Again, more human mobs. Strongly recommend a calmer of some sort as the compound is very small and thus very easy to get many adds. 50-60+

SAV. While I can see that some people liked it...I felt it was horrible xp. (Was around level 110 when I tried it.) Like most outdoor hunting camps, adds were the big problem. Coupled with monster mobs (less xp, more damage per hit), absolutely crummy loot, and being in a zone that most 100ish people do not have a map for...it doesn't even come close to being a 'good' hunting spot to me.

The sad truth is that missions allow you to kill 1-2 mobs at a time, allows you to never have to kill monster mobs, allows you to loot more credits, gives you chests to sell stuff from, and gives you a boss mob that gives you good loot. There isn't a hunting spot on the entire world of Rubi Ka that comes close to that.

Question

Originally posted by Zylina
    From my own experiences, the only outdoor hunting spots worth the bother are human mob camps.

Monsters hit harder, generally have poor loot, and generally give less xp. So if you're fighting some monster spawn, just know that you'd be getting better xp from similar level human spawns.

I've done very little outdoor hunting myself

/me helps Zylina back up in to her tree.

If the mob is hitting you hard either work on your evades or get different armour!

Human NPC's do NOT drop monster parts, so as far as I'm concerned human NPC's are worthless.

How much does a ql200 monster part converted to bio plasma sell for? anyone?
    Riders of the Lost Org

My evades are maxed and I have 4.4kish ac. Sorry. I guess I must hunt for something better.

Monster mobs do hit harder then human mobs. They do give less xp then similar level human mobs. Why do you think 99.2% of the player base who's played more then three days do missions on full order? If you're interested in making money by converting monster parts, it's far faster to farm them off of lower level monsters. Not the monsters you'd kill for xp. But what do I know.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jul 29th, 2002 at 12:54:59.

If u have a good team, monster mobs are good... coz while they hit hard, usually they don't have that much hp and die fast.

I'm level 160. Found a good spot in SAV. XP is not as fast as team missions, but at least it's decent XP (30k+ each) and a break from missions...

And finally a place where fixers and their snares rules!

Best part is... nobody's there... and the mobs spawn non-stop.

I wonder why is SAV so damm laggy though... it's so empty (we didn't see any other teams around) and yet it lag like *(&^^!@#%. Nearly died when I pulled multiples and my doc couldn't heal properly due to lag.
    Last edited by Ashuras; Jul 29th, 2002 at 13:29:15.

2 min yalm ride NE of the Wine Whompa ion Belial forest are some really messed up looking creatures. I am lvl 107 and they're all dark red to me. Can someone tell me if this site would be good to hunt with a full team?

Post Mort and Andromeda

Dunno about lvl, but I explored these areas a little with a lvl 60. Outside of the ICC base, you'll find Red Widows, Vulture Squibblers, and Woodwolves, which were all red to me. Further out, I found Hammerheads (Orange), Bronto Mamas (dark yellow), Pixies ("Burly", don't remember color), Minimammoths (yellow, I think), Offal Larvae (green), and others, pretty much in abundance.

Take the whompa to Hope (mort) and go west out of the gate. There's a crater just out of eyeshot of the town, where there were more Red Widows, as well as a breed of snake (don't remember name, also red).

That's to say, I don't know what level all this would be good for, though solo hunting around Andromeda would probably be feasible at 60+ (maybe high 50s).

Zylina, you've got alot more patience for people like Kissysuzuki
    than I do. You're what, like 100 lvls higher than her and she's trying to tell you how to play the game. heheh, it is to laugh

Yknow, she's lvl 86 and with her current train of thought, she's bound to be lurking in some 25% suppresion zones

There are some heavy duty reds that hang out around Wine (red for level 112).

They are located almost directly S on an Island. Has anyone hunted them, and found out if they are worth killing?

Re: Mort and Andromeda

Originally posted by Blueprint
    Dunno about lvl, but I explored these areas a little with a lvl 60. Outside of the ICC base, you'll find Red Widows, Vulture Squibblers, and Woodwolves, which were all red to me. Further out, I found Hammerheads (Orange), Bronto Mamas (dark yellow), Pixies ("Burly", don't remember color), Minimammoths (yellow, I think), Offal Larvae (green), and others, pretty much in abundance.

Take the whompa to Hope (mort) and go west out of the gate. There's a crater just out of eyeshot of the town, where there were more Red Widows, as well as a breed of snake (don't remember name, also red).

That's to say, I don't know what level all this would be good for, though solo hunting around Andromeda would probably be feasible at 60+ (maybe high 50s).

As an 86 solitus enforcer its possible to solo a red widow, drop monster parts and worth about 4-5k xp.

nice if you have nothing else to do for half an hour at the end of a night
    Riders of the Lost Org

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast