Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVP Title rewards

Post PVP Title rewards

Me and cless had a chat about pvp the other day and he came up with this nice idea. He say's he never posts on the boards so i'll do it for him

The pvp community needs more people, especially on clan side, but ppl doesn't really have a good reason to start pvp'ing. There has been many good suggestions on how to achieve this, like ability to fight over an area etc but I think we all know that won't be implemented anytime soon.

A fast solution for now might be to put in special rewards when you get a higher title. Not uber items that gives you +1000 runspeed etc, cause that would make the flaming here even worse, but visual items that makes you look uber cool and really makes you stand out from the crowd. Like a pink yalmaha or something. Superman suit anyone? :] Stuff like this shouldnt be too hard to implement, and if the rewards are really funky, it might lure more people to the battlefields...
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

And.......

.......it would also make me ask my friend to make an alt that I could beat up till I get this cool items.

Wich would make me very happy in my brand new superman suit
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

lol superman
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

I think it's a great idea, but won't it make the people with high titles even more afraid of losing it?

So it will probably only be even more zoning, guard pulling, ganking and all other stuff that we don't like.

But I love the idea!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

You prolly shouldnt lose the item when you lose title. Getting novice for instance is an achievement and the reward for this achievement shouldnt be taken away from you if you are kicked down to apprentice again.
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

Talking I want a chickensuit

I want a chickensuit

Scyter lvl 86 MA

Rk 1

mhm.. only problem i see is that the item must be "uber" in order for ppl to wear them.. i mean superman suit would rock .. but noone would use it for anything other than social unless it wasnt as good as a primus coat if its for the same inv location... mebbe an idea would be that if u get a title, u earn like 1 cred in a "pvp" shop which lets u modify the apperance (only apperance) of an item that u already have... say for instance that u are able to repaint ur yal or change the apperance of yer primus coat to a leopard robe style.. or something

just a thought..

Or the item can maybe be in one of the hud slots or something
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Separete item from title. Title is worthless.
    Do it a boxing style one.
    Make a special arena for 1v1 fair duel only. If you lose, you hand your 'belt' or whatever special item to the winner. Make it such that only a few such items exist. The one who gathers all the special items is da best pvper.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    Separete item from title. Title is worthless.
    Do it a boxing style one.
    Make a special arena for 1v1 fair duel only. If you lose, you hand your 'belt' or whatever special item to the winner. Make it such that only a few such items exist. The one who gathers all the special items is da best pvper.
    Point is that the items also should be kinda pointless, only look cool and more people would want them so more would maybe PvP..
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Agreed.

Most people want pvp titles to look good only anyway.

By introducing the items, it will be more different if the only way to obtain em is via fair 1v1 pvp (not ganking style which how most ppl get their titles). If you see a person in a superman suit, and you want it, go challenge the person. We need a system that makes pvp more meaningful and a better measure of skills.

Unhappy Yay kinda like better reason pvp

Something like capture territory sounds cool but haven't heard back much on that one. Something reward for pvp more than title would be nice. Special arena would neat too but rather see more effort put into team pvp areas. Kinda like the idea of large scales wars with the side that wins gets some sorta reward.

Agreed.

Most people want pvp titles to look good only anyway.

By introducing the items, it will be more different if the only way to obtain em is via fair 1v1 pvp (not ganking style which how most ppl get their titles). If you see a person in a superman suit, and you want it, go challenge the person. We need a system that makes pvp more meaningful and a better measure of skills.
    This is a war....ppl dont walk up and ask if they can hit you in a war.

And it will be hard to implement skill in a game like this where its all about poking some buttons. The winner is the one that has the best buttons to poke + gets lucky with crits.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

War is a joke.
    What do I get for killing all the omnis and guards in your outpost ? Nothing but perhaps some lame title.
    Is war something u mention is like some lame guild that came to tir slaughtering guards and claimed to take over the city becuz of players cant touch em ?
    Or is war something you are proud of when you kill someone with alpha-mk-zone-repeat till u get the kill ?

Players (clanners and omnis) use war as an excuse for their personal glory. Title huggers have their buddies be cannon fodders while they tab and attack title people only to gain points in a 'war'. In a huge war where its hard to 'win', like the one we had last week, many casualties, no neo showed up, 1 neo was online but he didnt dare to show up and he was playing his alt. Thats the spirit of a neo warrior in a huge war !

Many players have reached to a point of getting burned out, well at least many clanners do, I dunno about omnis. We go after unique mobs, people complain we camp em with unfair advantage. We pk omnis, the lower lvls whine about how we do not take people of our own lvls. So I decided to challenge the higher lvl and higher title guys, and I can hardly find a fight.
    I really dont know what else can I do after I complete my crat with 200 lvls and the uber equipment. I made myself 2 new chars, didnt lvl past 50 and already found myself didnt like em.
    Ah... enough ranting. Boring game....... Im coming to strip your titles again.

Agreed, PvP is fun, last night in 2ho was fun, clan had the advantage until we got reinforcements (that seems to happen a lot lately.... Seems like our pvpers are not on as much)

Having a goal to fight for would bring a hell of a lot more people into the battles. LOTS more. Right now "Clan in 2ho" brings response from a small (comperatively) group of people whereas "Clan has taken over 2ho" would bring the response of a lot more people.

People PvP more.
    People Level slower.
    People have more fun.

Lots of problems solved. Hrmph.

Give Clan a 2hoish zone, and make 2ho and the clan equivalent able to be "taken over" somehow. Remove all the guards and shopkeepers from 2ho. Make the clan controlled area the opposite of 2ho, clan has whompa with guards on the other side, omni has to grid in. Make guards on the other side of the whompa level 200 for clan and omni. Make all bunkers 25%. IMHO of course.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

We really dont need guards at first place.
    A system where guards only show up when people are camping is fair enough.
    Or maybe make those guards static, guards that have 40m range but they wont move out of their guarding area. This way will reduce a lot of guards training problem. Ive heard about some lvl 170+ fixer who always train guards to grid area to kill lower lvl players, gm is watching the person, if next time anyone catches the person, plz get a screenshot, the person will be banned for sure.

Wenzell,

Why do you constantly complain that you can't fight the Omni Neo's...and then turn around and say titles are a joke or just to look good. Seems to me you want to fight them...for that title.

-Yense

Nope, I fight everyone, from 75-200, from non-title to neo. When its 1v1 fair fight, I would fight to death, I may run out of 40m range for 1:20, but I wouldnt zone and I wouldnt run to guards. Ask people who have fought me, they can tell you that.
    Didnt I ask u for a duel too ? u rejected.
    Im just seeking for some 1v1 duel, sadly too many title huggers around, only 1-2 out of 10 would fight.

Nope, I fight everyone, from 75-200, from non-title to neo. When its 1v1 fair fight, I would fight to death, I may run out of 40m range for 1:20, but I wouldnt zone and I wouldnt run to guards. Ask people who have fought me, they can tell you that.
    Didnt I ask u for a duel too ? u rejected.
    Im just seeking for some 1v1 duel, sadly too many title huggers around, only 1-2 out of 10 would fight.
    Fair enough.

And I rejected a "duel" request, because I don't duel anyone.
    If we meet on the battlefield (which we have) then I'll fight (which I have).

Fair enough?

-Yense

Unhappy Only thing in pvp is titles

You might well not bash it Wenzell. Really only reasons I pvp is title and sheer joy of killing someone in pvp. You might well enjoy it till something else is thought up otherwise dont really see point of pvping reading your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast