Thread: The Dust Brigade strikes again… Or does it?

The Dust Brigade strikes again… Or does it?

The Dust Brigade strikes again… Or?
    Chilia

On December 2, 29477, around 21:15 Rubi-Kan standard time, a group of six men and women arrived at the grid point just next to Newland city. These people yelled Dust Brigade slogans, used the same weapons and armor, and were therefore quickly engaged by the locals.

The locals seemed to have the upper hand, when a second wave of commandos arrived from the grid. Many citizens were slain on the spot until reinforcements arrived from every side; Clansmen, Omni-Tek employees, even the neutrals joined the fight! The commandoes were then forced to their knees with the arrival of these new troops. There was no escape, no line of retreat, and the agressors were killed where they stood.

Citizens thought it was over, they were wrong. Minutes after the attack on Newland had ended the city of Rome had fallen under attack by similarly attired Commandoes, and again the unknown soldiers had arrived through the grid. When defenders arrived in the area, the ground was littered with bodies of innocents who had not managed to get to safety in time. Many new colonists were slaughtered before reinforcements could arrive the in form of the city guards and Omni-Tek employees who rushed to the city from all directions.

The commandos had succeeded in securing the two bridges in the city, and were holding them staunchly. The fight was long and hard, but in the end, Omni-Tek was victorious once again, as the last commando was slain by a group of no less than fourty Omni employees. However, the damage had been done. Once again the Dust Brigade has reared its ugly head, and marked a new chapter of terror and bloodshed… Or did it?

Some people have questioned these two attacks. It is clear that they were connected, but the way they were preformed was sloppy and without the strength and determination that the Brigade has shown in the past. Their tactics were crude and without discipline, and some people even say that these commandos were easier to kill then in previous attacks. Another thing to note is that all but one lacked the standard Dust Brigade head gear, and their faces were visible to all. Was this a mistake, or was it deliberate? With these issues taken into account, one could try and blame these attacks on the Dust Brigade, but no one could ever be that foolish... Or could they?

actually event or news article

Sorry! But i have been away for some time. Did I actually miss an event in New Land?

Im not use being isolated in the forum solely.

thanks
    Last edited by drginger; Dec 4th, 2003 at 06:06:07.

Very interesting. Was there any physical evidence collected, and if so was it consistant with past Dust Brigade attacks? Also, did anyone here witness the attacks? Just from my reading of the report, it almost sounds like the Newland attack was a diversion, though neither of them were terribly organized. Hmmm.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

When they first popped up in Newland, it seemed like most people didnt even react or care. Suddenly they started attacking people and everyone woke up and rushed to NL. I died when defending the first attack in Newland though

But the attacks have been picking up now, lots of attacks at especially Newland.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

The Dusters have always had a plan, and always executed it perfectly. We might not see it, or understand what they are doing but the fact remains they do not loose a fight unless there is something else going on, and I recommend everyone to remember the three D's when thinking about the Dusters...and others out there:

Deceit, Deception, Destruction.

Remember them, use them, be prepared for them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Well, real Dusters or not, we know one thing for sure. They are working for Midia, and it´s not a good thing that she now has some serious personel power to put behind her plans.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I was a witness to both attacks - although the second offensive in Rome had more dire consequences for me.

I arrived in newland after reports over my company's communication that there was an attack and defenses were needed. On arrival i noted the supposed Dust Brigade Commandos in armor and as the report suggests minus their helmets, the locals were indeed defending the hill well and it wasn't long before this attack was thwarted.

Happy in the knowledge of a victory i was then on my return to my Rome apartment when i heard rumours that these Commandos were on the move -- to Rome! When i came out of the grid there on the bridge to the North were the Dust Brigade and around them were a few remains, innocent Omni-Tek employees. When i went to investigate further i too was hit several times and finally gunned down by 3 of their operatives.

After that it's all a bit of a blur then i found myself at a reclaim point somewhere in Borealis -- i was sorry to miss the successful defence of Rome but then again, what else would Omni-Tek be but victorious.

Norrten nt:ai8, Omniphase fix:ai12, Vimes doc:ai11, Marriat sol:ai7.

((I'm sorry...Did this happen on RK2? We need to differentiate please.))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

(OOC: Yes, it was on Rimor.)
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

ah...and like the careful detectives they are, Omni-Tek just decided to wipe everyone out before collecting any evidence or capturing any for questioning later

*sighs*

sometimes I wonder about the leaders on both sides....

anyways my deepest and sincere regrets to the families that suffered losses and to the people that didn't pay their insurance premiums on time

bah....

Originally posted by Xhairs
    (OOC: Yes, it was on Rimor.)
    When was this attack? Man, ive missed both Newland and borealis now.....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Dude... i think it was on like... december 2th?? as the reporter mentioned?... over two months ago
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Arila
    Dude... i think it was on like... december 2th?? as the reporter mentioned?... over two months ago
    2th? HAHAH!

<cackles in glee>
    "Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of Spartans and Thespians, yet bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked out the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, 'Good. Then we'll have our battle in the shade.' "
    —Herodotus, The Histories