Thread: growing frustration with rebels

Exclamation growing frustration with rebels

Despite its massive military support, Omni police have still been largely unsuccessful in halting the rebel activities within Omni-1, as the attacks against Omni guards continue today, led by the outlaw leader Methlon of the Sinister Anarchists.
    Methlon, who has been among Omni-Pols most wanted criminals for some time, claims that he is making a stand against the corrupt rule of Omni-Tek. Unfortunatly for police this individual, while no longer associated with TBA, has clan and omni support for his cause, making him difficult to bring to justice.
    It seems that the police are limited as to how they can deal with these situations, due primarily to outdated Omni-Tek legal policies.
    There have been several possibilities discussed by Omni officials as to rectifying the problem. They have considered converting neutral lands into a penal colony where unlawful citizens will be banned for crimes commited. Others have talked about banning these criminals off world permanently, but there is concern that this might be too harsh a punishment, and would agitate citizens who already question Omni rule to the point of revolt.
    Unless Omni-Tek changes its criminal policies soon, there doesnt apear to be an end in sight to the civil disobedience that is rampant in the streets.

Last edited by Rubikat; Apr 18th, 2002 at 20:23:12.

I question the ability of Omni-Pol to control any situation. After yesterdays fiasco at Rhompa Bar I now believe Omni-pol has absolute no interest in any form of peace. I belevie Omni-Tek has to do something about Omni-Pol and do more to create peace.
    I am Omni and will stick with Omni but I have lost alot of respect for the corporation.

yes many Omni citizens will say that it is Omni-Tek\Omni-Pol who are the ones responsible for the civil unrest because of their own lack of competence, while remaining very arrogant and unreceptive to the needs of the people. but at the same time there are probably many more who advocate these actions and are pleased with the way the sytems is.

Precisely why I am NOT omni-aligned. I would have no problems if it weren't for their inane regulations.

In the meantime, I give kudos to anyone fighting back against Omni-Pol's self-appointed tyranny. Methlon has one backer right here.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Then, Tarryk, stay outside of Omni territory, or you will be terminated. We dont need any clanners who cause more unrest than what we already have with our own criminals.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Funny you should say that.

Rundown of last time I visited Omni territory: Wild party, lots of friends, lots of fun, no unrest.

Omni-Pol shows up. Unrest begins. Many die for nothing more than enjoying themselves.

Hm.

Seems to me that, by your own logic, it's Omni-Pol that should be staying out of Omni territory.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Read my reply in the other thread about the operation - which was a success for Omni-Tek by the way. Clanners who are aggressive and attack our police, do not deserve to stay in our bars.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32