Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ao Bloopers

-Spending 2 hrs getting wrangled, riot controlled, you name it, into a ql120 nova when my soldier was level 50. Going on a mission in somewhere remote (it's been a while) loving the new rifle, firing away and suddenly punching. No ammo, didn't make it out, died, lost a lot of xp, was fed up and angry :\

-Rooting my lvl8 NT when running away from a mob (I guess we all did this at one point or another)

-Going into the Den thinking you've saved that 50% xp you need to level, then getting raped by two den loot controllers realising you ...didn't.

-Charming a leet and being attacked by guards, loosing pretty much everything -30xp I needed to level. (funcom! baaaad)

-Going for a piss thinking your player is in a safe spot in the mission, coming back staring at reclaim

-Putting the heal pet on the mob and not realising until you have 10% hp left (it is actually possible, don't ask me why).

-Flying around with the newly aquired yalm jumping off buildings, then trying to stand on top of the spear that the whompas have, finding out you can't, landing on the gate, then jumping off and dying after loosing 70 hp.

And a lot of other stuff.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Forgot One...

With my Fixer, I had just bought a new Mausser and left it in my inventory and I was wearing my sunglasses instead of my helmet. I grab a mission and take off into the desert. I get agro from a filthy stinking rollerrat...he was green to me. At the same time my roomate it RL comes in and starts talking to me. So I am thinking this 40ish quality Mausser will chew up this rat. I look back after talking to the roomie for like a minute because I still hear the battle music. I notice that my health is getting low and the rollerrats is still way high. I quickly look at the chat window and I realize I am punching it for 3 points of damage or so each round. (Opifex Fixer, Ma is not his strong suit.) Now I full on panic because I am close to biting it. I try to put on the gun and fail three times before I realize I am not buffed. I start buffing, throw down a heal and just before the gun is on....Changing Areas, please wait...

I went out and hunted rollerrats for an hour after that. I still kill them on site even if they are grey filthy buggers.

Made a new omni character then decided to go clan at lvl5, heard that you could walk between the broken shores wompas, walked a long way into the dessert without dieing, walked so far that I couldn't find a MOB to kill me... and thought that my character was going to be stuck there permanently (didn't know about /terminate back then) went linkdead and logged back in at broken shores omni?

Wandering into the Omni Outpost in the Forest after some nice hunting close to level. Go into one of the shops to buy something before saving.

Meet another guy in there get chatting when he suddenly shoots the shop keeper, needless to say he was dead two seconds later. Asked him WTF did he do that for he said it was a mistake he pressed q without haveing the chat window open.

Pratt I thought, 2 seconds later I burst the shop keeper and then die I always try to remember to save before anything else now and I also really pound that enter key to get the chat window open.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

In the forest one day

While equiping my second gun (into my left hand) by dragging it from inventory to my left hand. Apparently i missed the "wear" box and threw my new gun on the ground. I was deep in the forest on a group hunting trip. I didnt notice that i wasn't holding it until we we started the new battle, by then we had walked 'who knows how far' from where i dropped my gun, My group was very understanding and helped me look for it but all we found was a blood creeper (and me without my best gun)

After i respawned i decided to cut my losses and buy a new gun.

It's probably still rusting away on the floor of Greater Omni forest

i got another one

first character in ao, first day, way back when:

saved about 400creds from killing leets, was on my way to the shop to stock up on "stuff" thought i'd see what i could buy from a "stationary surgery clinic" boom, me with no cash. i was really upset about that one
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Talking GLORIOUS!

Previously Posted by ReelBigFish:
    first character in ao, first day, way back when:

saved about 400creds from killing leets, was on my way to the shop to stock up on "stuff" thought i'd see what i could buy from a "stationary surgery clinic" boom, me with no cash. i was really upset about that one

-Loving it Reel

This one happened last night:

• Was hunting deep in galaway shire past the bridge and the group got killed when our crat thought it would be a good idea to test his new charm on a minibull surrounded by 10 other minibulls, respawned in omni-1 trade YAY! I FORGOT TO SAVE AT THE OUTPOST NEAR OUR CAMP! anyway decided not to wait to recover from res sickness and ran back out to meet what was left of my group (which is one long ass distance at newbie speeds).

It gets better--> I happily buff myself and run out of nano in the process and go for my trusty kit only to realize its not there, furthermore none of my items are there. YAY! I FORGOT TO RECLAIM!.
      It gets better--> Our crat has attempted to charm a blood reet (no prob) and it counters by some miracle, suddenly we have a flock of reets on us and me with no heals so I figure oh well might as well shoot if I cant heal, BOOM BOOM BOOM click click click, and suddenly I am a MA Doc! YAY! I JUST TOOK OFF MY GUN THAT TOOK ME HELL AND A HALF TO OVEREQUIP!
      --- Synapses must not have been firing too well yesterday must have been all the Southern Comfort in my Coke.
    • This was a long time ago I don't know if you can still do this: Got my new yalm W00T! So now I want to do everything but first I decide to test my question of "What happens if you are really high up and take off the Yalm?" Well the obvious answer I guess didnt make it to my pea brain so I go as high as I thing is reasonable and dequip the Yalm, and start my no-parachute skydive

"You have been attacked by nanobots of ASH*TLOAD of fall damage."

And I find myself at reclaim.

Someone told me that fall damage has been capped now but I nudge anyone to try this
    • THis happened to me about a week ago: At about level 10 (omni) I go into a shop, takes a su****iously long time to load, and then suddenly I am in a cave? Now thats odd, but whats really strange is I am in there with a level 80 MA who wants to know how I zoned into her mission. Well no one is as bewildered as I so I ask where am I? Deep in Clondyle is her response. How lovely

LOL ponto i was LMAO on yours.. yes i must say ive done that.. die run back to where i was then realize i don't have my items .. so i just /terminate lol.

Also my stupidest thing was to type /terminate pet , i forgot it was the other way around lol.. lost 300k xp.

LOL yup once i tried to zone out of my mission and end up in newland city when i was originally in rome i think lol. really funny ****

Casting init debuff while teamed on the mob that was going level me (I was too cocky, thinking I could take the hits).

Soon as debuff casted, she hit me once, then nuked me for 3k, and I was looking at reclaim, minus about 1 million xp.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Unhappy OUCH

3k nuke damn I dont want to feel any of that.

Oh and yeah whats with my doc attack debuff basically being the best taunt in the game?
    Last edited by Pontosaurus; Apr 18th, 2002 at 22:37:46.

Did something much like Ponto:
    I wanted to see if it was possible to fly really high, unequip my newly aquired yalm, reequip it and fly of into the sunset.
    Well the first 3 steps work just beautifully. I fly VERY high (did you know at some point the ground disappears and you can see the sky below you?) unequip my yalm and start faling. At this point I realise you fall a lot faster than you fly. But I manage to equip my yalm again only to realise that i'm still falling. The end of the story is when I crash land my yalm in front of most of my team (we were waiting for the unlucky few that weren't blessed with yalms) taking around 2k damage. I did get some remarks about how some people got their flight certificate (found mine in a chest)

Pet terminate and nuts n bolts

Hmm... o have once done the /pet terminate and forget terminate.. and this seems like it is a thing most techies have done

Then me and a team have been running around for Nuts And Bolts in Wharton... i found him (that was my good thing that day.. but trust me... badness came back with a vengeance)...

We were a Doc, a MP, an agent and me... all above lvl 80 i think, and of course i had used the MPs buffs.... so a nice bot as well.

Well back to the story... i found hi, and we all got to him... then we startet to buff, and i (curious as i am) startet to talk to him...
    A reminder.. Nuts doesnt wanna talk... 3 times chat.. slash slash.. 1 techie at the reclaim... 30 secs afterwards.. 1 doc...

Well... dont talk to him... just a good advice. The group were friends, but if it just had been someone i have met, then they prolly would never had talked to me again

As i reclal then we laughed bout it afterwards..

Chouhada
    Techie
    Silence Broken
    In a low voice, she said: "I have been so lonely".
    "It should be one of the tests", the old woman said. "Humans are almost always lonely".
    Frank Herbert, Dune

Originally posted by Quazz
    Did something much like Ponto:
    I wanted to see if it was possible to fly really high, unequip my newly aquired yalm, reequip it and fly of into the sunset.
    Well the first 3 steps work just beautifully. I fly VERY high (did you know at some point the ground disappears and you can see the sky below you?) unequip my yalm and start faling. At this point I realise you fall a lot faster than you fly. But I manage to equip my yalm again only to realise that i'm still falling. The end of the story is when I crash land my yalm in front of most of my team (we were waiting for the unlucky few that weren't blessed with yalms) taking around 2k damage. I did get some remarks about how some people got their flight certificate (found mine in a chest)
    huh? 2k falldamage? what the... how the.... The most falldamage I've ever gotten is 960. And that's from where I cannot get any higher with my yalm. The reason I know it's as high as I can get, is that 3rd person camera is blocked, like it gets with walls/zoneboarders and such.

Even tried that several places. 960 seem to be max for me.

Originally posted by Skybert

huh? 2k falldamage? what the... how the.... The most falldamage I've ever gotten is 960. And that's from where I cannot get any higher with my yalm. The reason I know it's as high as I can get, is that 3rd person camera is blocked, like it gets with walls/zoneboarders and such.

Even tried that several places. 960 seem to be max for me.
    after enough complants they capped it. The highest i have seen since was 996 i can't get mine above 990 though. Maybe has something to do with your body dev or some other stat.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Fall Dmg is Caped at 969? Or around there.

But you take less fall damage with a few points into Adv.

Made a /pet terminate to release and recast a stuck pet.
    Stared at Reclaim(tm).
    Checked chat log.
    Read /terminate.
    Went to sleep.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

after enough complants they capped it. The highest i have seen since was 996 i can't get mine above 990 though. Maybe has something to do with your body dev or some other stat.
    I would love to have read that complaint letter...I imagine it went something like this.

Hey FC,

What gives? When I go really high and jump out of my plane without a parachute I die. I just fall really fast and die. How can you expect anyone to enjoy a game when they just die whenever they fall from really great distances. This is so unrealistic and it needs to be changed or me and my eight friends in the Rubi-Ka Sky Falling Club will quit the game forever.

Angrily Yours,
    PuddingHead

- Great they fix this but my pet still can't walk through a room with out getting stuck on a pebble.

Sending a /tell to someone explaining that a group member was a complete idiot (using worse words) and forgetting to type the /...

I got a big f*** y** from the guy because I was of course in team chat mode.

Everybody loved it though. Thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen...

nothing better than hitting yourself with a nano stim, so you can cast a root on that MOB thats chasing you, only to use that newly gained nano to root yourself.

DOH!
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

Ever read the description of the adventuring skill?

if so, do it a again.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast