Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ao Bloopers

Talking Ouchies

Spending 10 minutes attempt to talk to NPC without having NPC targeted.

After finally getting her to say something back to me. Went to reclaim not once, or twice, but 6 times when trying different key words to get her to say something else. I damn the following keys, 1234qnm. And I wish I had a reflect shield that hits for 2K a hit

Also lost wrangled gun due to not gett ing ammo from reclaim during the attempted chat with the NPC.

-Venny
    "I'm with Stupid."

Exclamation

How about making a nice complete set of implants, and the realizing that i need one more level to put them in. So i go do some missions, and level up. Then i hit the store to sell all that vendor junk. Well, i think you all can figure out where this one is going...........

Lilasiandude Shouts: Looking for XXX NP'er to make implants.

D'OH!
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

On my old enf I took off my hammer in a guild meeting to do emotes etc. Then I suddenly remebered I need to get implants, 132 wrangle, brutal thug and more to get it on, it was also late so not many was on.....

Has also happened several times wiht other chars, taking of weapon, and forgetting you need outside buffs to get it on again.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I constantly speak out loud while invisible. Doh doh doh.
    You should teach the mobs that trick. Might be good for a laugh

You were for XXXX damage.
    You were for XXX Damage.
    <Veteran Huntsman>: Poor barstad doesn't have a chance haha.
    You were for xxx damage.

Broken Shores, team member dead, he asks me to warp him back.

I start warping, halfway through I heal myself... hehe yep thats right.

30 seconds later....

teammember A " monkey what happened? "

teammember B " monkey why didnt you warp me? "

Insanemonkey " What the...."

Insanemonkey " Oh crap I warped myself! "

teammember A " You're one of a kind monkey..."

Oh yes, we were laughing

Now that I'm over my embarrassment...

I was in the Rompa bar, RPing that my robot pet had suddenly developed a taste for women... at the end of the RP I was supposed to deactivate him....

forgot the word "pet" in "/pet terminate"

owch

thank goodness I saved before that, and the death gave me a chance to go buy some proper social armor.
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

I have done the /terminate without the "pet" also....One too many drinks for me is say!
    "I have a robot?"

Level 75 Omni Engineer-Atlantean

the worst one to date happened in my early levels. I had just then discovered that I could solo orange-red mobs with my MP
    Fight a nice red mob, I was deploying all my skills to stay alive, swapping the heal pet between me and my attack pet.

guess what happened... I suddenly saw the mobs health bar going to, while it wae beating me silly : I had just ordered my healpet to heal that thug! Forceably, I ended swiftly in reclaim
    NainDeJardin Lvl 80 MP - Omni - RK1

IdahoHF Lvl 68 NT - Omni - RK1
    Membre des Hydres Furieuses www.esprit-str.com

Hm...
    Challenging Snarf at lvl 80 in a 25% zone and accually hoping to survive it.

Nuked myself into oblivion. (2000 firedamage to my nanoenhanced skeleton)

Root / calm yourself during battle
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

Talking hehe

Just the other night I was running BS missions for my alts as my NT. Was calming my way through a mission, went to recast layered protection in front of 4 reds and hit area nuke by mistake.

DOH
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Stoopids...

Connected late in the evening, which means for me when all US players begin to connect... Risks of lagging, but I still decide to take the whom'pa to Omni-1. I get out of the whom'pa, experience AWFUL lag all of a sudden, don't know where I"m heading, then get control over my char again... and I begin to run in circles like a headless chicken, wondering why the hell I can't enter the streets around. Took me 5 minutes and consulting the map (because I don't do it, eh, knowing Omni-1 by heart is soooo much better) to notice I was stuck INSIDE a building which walls I couldn't see (some display bug, certainly), and 5 more minutes to - blindly - find the stairs (entry??), jump on them, and go out. Hopefully no one saw me running like this at that time ^_^;

The classical stuff that happend to my b/f and to myself as well - saving tons of credits to buy kewl high-level implants with high-levels clusters (I have this feeling that as well fill ALL of the clusters when you have an implant, it takes less space on your char)... and finally realizing that I need 100+ nanoskill to assemble them, not to mention what Treatment's required to wear them. What about selling this whole new stuff for 50 credits?

Talking to partner during a mission, not really looking at the screen, realizing that chat window's not open... Guess what happens. I hit the 0 key, begin to run in all directions, open doors, sneak, stop sneaking, targets, attack, stop attacking, find myself with team partner screaming "WTF are U doing??" when I finally come back to the room where he was... with 3 red aggro mobs on my heels. Hello term, nice to see you again, can I have my remains available now?

And surely more to come in the next days... :lol
    Last edited by Demenzia; May 25th, 2002 at 09:14:53.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Red face nuke

I was happily launching insta nukes watching the yellow Mobs health go down, then I noticed the name of the Mob. Doh......
    -Omnitek is your fiend
    Claybats the Sane
    Idahoe | Kalderon | Claybats | Meyna

Unhappy haha.. great thread

I found a yalmaha in a chest when i was around level 40, was pretty much the first person with a yalmaha, needless to say had many many people call me a cheater/hacker etc because noone would believe that anyone could have gotten 5 million credits to buy one 2 weeks after the game had been released and noone would believe me that I got it out of a chest back then. Probably after several petitions GM fadinaway came and asked me how I got it and now I had around a million credits already.

The character I played then was an adventurer and I had learned that I could use the Leet form as well as concealment to sneak through missions, well I had been doing that for a few nights hardcore to see if I could get a million credits just to say that I had.. then I open a chest and see a yalmaha staring me in the face, couldn't believe it myself. I would fly it around and have random people telling me out of nowhere saying i was a cheater and they were going to petition me. anyways.

My main group of friends were hunting shades then and were at least 10 levels higher than me since i had been sneaking through missions while they were killing monsters, Kicky, Nursegiggles, Revel, Fiezerald, Sent, Simone, Brytac, Elph, and some others I know I am forgetting, I found out about cloaking devices and after that I could do full hard missions just sneaking through them, grabbing all the stuff in the chests and getting the rewards at the end which was usually all credits, which in turn I would fly out and visit my friends at shades and dump a bunch of a hell of a lot higher ql armor than they were wearin on em because they always hunted shades and didn't have very good armor. When I was around level 70 and everyone rerolled an adventurer or agent/fixer to sneak through missions.

I was grabbing a mission in mdm for home, and i jumped quickly into my yalm after grabbing the missions and gridded out.. when i got into grid i went to unequip my yalm because it used to/still does? use your persona image instead of the triangle, but when i hit the hotkey nothing happened.. i looked at the slot where my yalm was and it was gone, I thought no biggie prolly poofed to my bank or something because that had happened a few times.. so I went to my bank and looked through it multiple times but no yalm

At this point there were a few other sneakers that had yalms but they really weren't the norm and to lose one was an incredible loss, even more so than it would be now.. After petitioning I find that there is no policy for reimbursement due to item loss from bugs and they said it has happened to a few people now and they were sorry and bye. I logged off fuming mad because i couldn't even say i accidentally deleted it, so it would be my fault.. but to have it be funcoms fault and they basically say tough luck and sorry was hard to swallow.

The next day I logged on and I was missing several key inventory items, 7 or 8 bags full of the armor/items I had been getting from chests in the full hard missions, my weapons and a piece or two of equipment, and several million credits... at first glance it appeared to be a hacker, but he still left half a million credits and lots of other awesome stuff there if it was.

I petitioned again and got the 'exact' same message from gm fadinaway that others had reported this happening and there was nothing he could do. I still do not know what truely happened.. whether it was a hacker, funcom bug, or funcom purposely taking things away. It left a sour taste in my mouth about the whole ordeal.. it really isn't a blooper but I wish it was.

my characters name was Seks, if anyone I knew then reads this send me a PM
    Last edited by Sanaelya; May 25th, 2002 at 22:55:31.

Question !!!

Err, can we have that with paragraphs please?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345