Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: PvP scoring system

There is such a thing as customer support, and lack of it.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Unhappy :(

Maybe cannot give out that info and doesn't know how tell you he cannot :\

Is it 4th reply from Cosmik in this tread?

I guess I should say that it's good that he is trying, but how complicated can it be to get some sort of formula or whatever it is?

Well, I just keep BUMPING over here.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I guess I should say that it's good that he is trying, but how complicated can it be to get some sort of formula or whatever it is?

Well by the time we get formula we will all have neophyte
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

laxmaniac19 you dick dont you thinks its been long enough, honestly, FOOL! ATRRRRRRRRH!

*keeping the topic high and in sight of all*

Ready when you are CZ

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Prolly very complicated. I'm thinking a phonebook sized formula, that would explain the time it takes
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Nooo maybe as easy as figuring pi.....lol

Talking just a bump

Keeping this on top because "enquiring minds want to know..."

Strike

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    laxmaniac19 you dick dont you thinks its been long enough, honestly, FOOL! ATRRRRRRRRH!
    Haha Cloudeh you illustrate my point EXACTLY. This is flame-by-association. Thanks for proving my point!

BUMP
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

movin on up...

movin on up..to the top

beans don't burn on the griddle...etc etc etc

(gotta love theme songs)..name that sit com.....

laxmaniac19; I dont give a fyling **** what you think, your comment was as if you chest skipped to the last paged and didnt realise the date it is NOW and when it WAS POSTED.
    Honestly, your ass bad as those people whining about LOTR 2 : Twin towers related to the 9/11 the book was written YEARS ago, dicks, You should be shot - Well at least taught a lesson, Funcom treats players like **** so we shall treat them the same with everything they have done to me, others, and wasting our time!

Cosmik, hello? *Thud* /me kicks cosmik in the goolies.
    And Crish, PI! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I HATE IT!

1: Freshman= 10 A=P*xx=P*25=10.0
    2: Rookie= 16 A=P*xx=P*256=20.0
    3: Apprentice= 30 A=P*xx=P*900=40.0
    4: Novice= 19.5 A=P*xx=P*380.25=3543634
    5: Neophyte= 0.25 A=P*xx=P*0.0625=Gaaaaaaaaaankkkkkkkk

Cool relax guys!

/me hands out the chill pills

Me thinx, that the formula is prolly flawed...after all, titles not goin away kinda make that obvious :P, and before the programmers make available said flawed code, they wanna work some of the bugs out of it... It's all good, Just take a deep breath, exhale... again. Feel better now? Good

BUmpAGE!

Well, no more waiting.

The pvp-formular is the same used widely in chess and backgammon also known as the ELO-system. If you want it in details you can read more here: http://www.vogclub.com/ratings/elodetails.phtml

I am not gonna explain in details what this mean, but I can explain a bit.

The more pvp-points you have the less you get from killing a person with low or none pvp-points. Actually you can loose points from killing a non-titled (mind that I don't know if Funcom implemented the system that strict), and that might explain some of the weird stuff happening sometimes with people loosing novice after killing a person.

The higher title you get the harder it gets for you to advance in titles, until there are more with same title or higher to kill. You can advance by killing lower titled, but the lower the less you gain.

I am pretty sure this is how the system works. It seems logic and explains some of the weird things happening now and then with titles. A lot of the titles even follow the chess-system. And I think you can be quite sure that the highest pvp-title is grandmaster. And the title after Neophyte is either amateur or experienced.

There you have it
    Mind that this is all unconfirmed info I found myself. :P
    ~Lone

I think you are correct that the pvp scoring system runs by that system noer. However it wouldnt suprise me if there was some hardcoded caps in the system, etc. a neophyte cant get points from killing a no-title/apprentice or something like that. Still I would very much like to hear an official answer on this important question so *bump* =)

Oh yeah and while we are at it.. does it actually have any effect/what is the effect of using /terminate in relation to pvp score?

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    laxmaniac19; I dont give a fyling **** what you think, your comment was as if you chest skipped to the last paged and didnt realise the date it is NOW and when it WAS POSTED.
    Honestly, your ass bad as those people whining about LOTR 2 : Twin towers related to the 9/11 the book was written YEARS ago, dicks, You should be shot - Well at least taught a lesson, Funcom treats players like **** so we shall treat them the same with everything they have done to me, others, and wasting our time!
    The only skipping I've done on this thread is over useless messages like yours. I've followed the thread from the start, and waited patiently for the formula. Anyway, I don't even think you've read my entire post, you're completely disregarding everything I said about how long we've been waiting. Explain to me how promising to give you a vital piece of code and taking a month to do it constitutes "Funcom treats players like ****". You talk about "everything they have done to me, others" as if they've killed your family. The only thing Funcom has ever done to you is introduce a game into your life, a game which you obviously enjoy because you still play it.

Anyway, I can't imagine anyone is taking you seriously, you sound like a moron ("You should be shot - Well at least taught a lesson").

Good luck regaining the respect that you've lost in this thread. I know I used to respect you and your comments until you degraded into a greedy, impatient 12-year old.

P.S. I laughed when I heard about that whole Two Towers thing. The whole notion is ridiculous; The Two Towers is a well-respected book that was written half a century before 9/11. I can't even understand WHY they want it changed, do you know what their excuse is? Point me to a site, I need some laughs.

I think one of the reasons that the formula is taking so long to get to us is that it is based on the chess-like score ranking system. Since we have no way of finding out our own scores, the scores of all the people we have fought, and the scores of whoever we're going to fight, it really won't help us. Once they give it to us, we're going to hear a lot of complaining over its uselessness. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Could be nice to know that if beating someone with much lower title would actually make you lose points tho.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

happened to me mant

mant..happened to my trader.

he was lvl 74 (of course) and very very far into apprentice. beat some non titled in mmd and went to 2ho. the guy i was hangin with at the time said "dude...where is your title?". and i targeted myself and sure enough..was rookie. took me like 5-6 kills to get apprentice back.

15-20 wins above losses on my MA (maybe). lose 3 times to 3 apprentices...bam..back to rookie. but i had rookie/freshman/apprentice/and even a novice under my belt....

so who the f knows.

bump.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast