Thread: one idea, one hope for balance

Lightbulb one idea, one hope for balance

I see a constant issue on these boards about the trader draning ranged attacks (and possably others, i dunno, i've never tried melee) to nothing because of OE.
    it would seem to me that this was an unperceved (or percieved but concidered a small) side effect that FC had allowed to eleminate lvl 60 people running around with fully funtional lvl 150 guns.
    well, you coders and programmers have skills right ? would it be hard to make it so that if a trader deprived your skills in a pvp battle that OE would not have an effect for the duration of the program? (and still allow for OE to operate normaly? for instance make the the gun opperate off of the drained skill and the OE effect of the gun opperate off of the total skill points with out the trader drain?) wont this create balance ? allowing the trader to still greatly reduce the effectiveness of weapons (espeacily those trader oe gunz heh heh) while not making that weapon totaly worthless? Soldiers Adventurers and all other professions that rely primarily on their gunz for damage are left wiped out by this bug. i call it that because a bug is an unintended error in code producing a problem in the proper operation of program, i relly cant see how this could have been a proper and intended operation of the program(in this respect) unless it was done to nuke the problem with out taking the time to do it right.

for those of you who may think that im being a whiner, so be it. i remember reading a post by an adv who wanted FIXES for the unbalences in our profession. (pistols are still too weak, bbi's are still bugged, and their are not enough heals for adv(i know i know, its fixed in shadowlands, heh heh )) and while a totaly balenced game in pvp is impossable, there is nothing wrong with reaching for the greatist balence possable between the professions. actully i have a lot of respect to those who have put in the time and effort to twik to the max and search out the perfect killer, reguardless of prefession. keep on doin it, no matter who you are if you have that tittle, you have earned that tittle. i just dont believe that simply because youve chosen one or two professions, you should already have a huge advantage over those who have taken the time to twik out a lesser pvp profession to such a great extent.

re trader

There has been a lot of talk lately about trader drains. The most popular idea is for the negative effect to last 30 seconds and the positive effect to last the normal 3 mins, it has been suggested that this would benefit all in PvP (PvM mobs are unaffected by drains). The question would be would this apply just to trader debuffs or all professions debuffs as drains effect nano skills as well and so do some other professions debuffs (some of which last currently 5mins). Another idea is to make it so drains wont stack, ie a trader won't be able to cast a higher divest/plunder if the have a lower one running. This of course would mean that there will be fewer traders casting +132 (871 PM & TS req). If a change was to take place to the last self benifical nano line of traders (wrangles are for the benefit of others and do nothing for a trader), it may reduce the popularity to play of this profession further. IMO F/c would be better putting thier energies into game content and the possiablity of nano resistance for all professions (note divests are 115% and plunders 190%), wouln't it be great to resist dots and roots in team missions. Well at the end of the day my comments matter little and as a trader i would prefer things were left as they were (obviously). However i am sure something will alter the game balance more in PvP soon and i doubt it will be the 'dreaded' debuffs. Your post is valid in the right circles and i understand your concern. Also it is a shame that BBI's etc are still bugged (trader shops are stocking BBIs again).

Hmmm Brioni thats actually a good idea. I mean, MPs cant do infuses on themselves so they can do Mochs on themselves afterwards... Maybe this would be a bit fair?
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Talking OMG

I knew drinking wine late at night was bad for my image...

LEAVE TRADERS ALONE.... give me area divest and plunder.... charging 1m for +132 wrangles.... #blank# i am busy...heee heee, is this more like the trader you love to hate.

Seriously though there is a rumour going around that nano resist will start to function better after 14.5. Which would mean you will get a better chance of resisting 115% nanos and almost certainly 190% plunders (hmmm are the any professions out there 150%+ combat nanos..'target countered...).

Well lets see what the patch fairy brings. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all recieve a little love in your choosen profession. (i know theres none for us traders : ( )

I assume your thinking of the undrained skill of a trader, right? You'll get your nano skills up near (or past) 1100 fully drained. Look at that as an attack skill instead of the 800??? before?

PS. IMO, it would be better to make 1 line for nanos, 1 for weapon skills - or simply half the drain effect, not duration in PvP. Halving duration will only give you a trader wich has to recast his debuffs every 30 secs instead of 3 mins....