Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is meep?

what is meep?

kk.

L23 fixer on rk2 - i knew u wanted to know.

i searched all over but cant find an exact definition of what a meep is. no, i did not search back to day 1, i figured some other new fixer MUST have asked the q. im thinking its either a grid acces thing or an evac.

can someone straighten me out before i embarass (spell?) myself ingame when someone mentions it and i look at them like their head is a sugar doughnut?

ta...
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-

well, i don't totally know what you're talking about, but the word "meep" brings to mind the Roadrunner (is that one word or two?) from Looney toons (i think that's spelled right. Been a while since i've seen it).

But then again, i might be waaaay off the mark on that.

As far as I can tell is a variation of "eep!" which is a nice way of expressing an extreme emotion such as joy, fear or excitement. =D
    <WISDOM>
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize that person, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
    </WISDOM>

i thought about the roadrunner thing too. my siblings watched tv almost all the time.

never thought of the eep thing, tho.

from what i gather from the hundreds of posts ive read that mention it, it is a way of getting away quickly. i just dont know if that means running away quickly, gridding away, or what.

fixes and finding-the-thruth...

As far as I can tell, "meep" is just a short way of saying take us to the grid.

meep is any sort of evac.

Docs. nts and traders all call their travel nanos meeps as well.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Meep is originally the evac that has a short casting time. Every other evac just does not have enough speed to be a real meep
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

what
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Jorji and Kiisu are explaining it perfectly for those people who know what it is "Meep" is a term that refers to the short-cast grid nanos like Emergency Vector Tap. These nanos will put the team in the grid almost instantaneously. This is used as an "evac" (when you or your team is in trouble, this can be used to send them straight to the grid). It is also used as transport at the end of the mission when people don't want to have to walk down through three floor and fly back out of Broken Shores to get to the grid.

The term "meep" indeed derives from the RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons in America. When the RoadRunner is about to take off at super-high speeds (ie escape), he always says "Meep meep!," hence the origin of the term. Hope this clears things up!
    Last edited by Cypher; Nov 30th, 2003 at 17:35:58.
    Opifexer - 212+11 GA IV Kingpin (1600+ B&E available)
    Thunderbuff - 211+3 General.....Parrothead - TL6+1 Pistolero
    Atroxecutor - TL5 Enforcer..........GregHouseMD - TL4+2 Combat Medic

Jimmy Buffett quote of the moment:
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."

thnx ppl!

my knowledgebase is expanded.

in my notes, i classified the fast casting grid nanos as evacs, and the slow casting ones as grid.

can hardly wait to get L40. wanna take the dive sooo bad.

fixes and meeps...

Never heard of it used for evacs or grid so far, and I've played since day one. o.0 I myself use it as a sort of a hello/i'm here, and have since way before AO.

I play on RK1 so I assume it is RK2 specific thing.

Originally posted by peekaboo
    Never heard of it used for evacs or grid so far... ...I play on RK1 so I assume it is RK2 specific thing.
    mbe so.

fixes and terminology...

meep = Meepmeep! clan Fixer on RK1 :P
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

The first time I heard the team say "meep" I said eh? For me it wasnt a fixer started term (course it may have been) but rather the other professions introduced me to it.

Interesting that its a RK2 term though. what do the RK1'ers say before they grid off fast?
    Queen of the Ninjas

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

ah beaten... meepmeep instead of meep... either your all real fast typers... or you have that macro'ed
    Queen of the Ninjas

When I grid off fast I say "gridding" or possibly nothing, depends how fast we need to get out of the place .

I say hold onto your pea shooters but then again, I'm usually pretty drunk when I play
    Layartic - I have no fear of falling but I hate hitting the ground!!
    Sunebam - What you want me to heal too!!??
    Shatterstarr - Just kinda relaxing to let your pets work!

And a few other toons of no notable mention yet

Originally posted by peekaboo
    Never heard of it used for evacs or grid so far, and I've played since day one. o.0 I myself use it as a sort of a hello/i'm here, and have since way before AO.

I play on RK1 so I assume it is RK2 specific thing.
    It is a RK2 thing. Odd isnt it, that parlance evolves on one server and not the other?

Anyways, I have a fixer on RK2 that can meep, which is where I first heard the term. Ive actually started using it occasionally, though I still use the traditional RK1 "gridding" term predominantly.

The evolution of language is always fascinating.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

interesting...

I think the "meep! meep!" word should be thrown out as a final insult at your enemies when you evac out and deprive them of another kill point for their next title. Ie at the battle field and arena when your opponent is sure that you're going to die and is already looking forward to looting your dead body.
    Meep! Meep!

If you're a fan of Calvin and Hobbes you might say "KA-PING!" when you throw up your Nullity Sphere.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Dec 1st, 2003 at 11:08:22.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast