Thread: Timeline (1949 to 28702)

Post Timeline (1949 to 28702)

(OOC)

This is for those who are interested in the history of Earth from the year 1949 to 28702. I have posted the timeline on my guild's website.

Please note:

There are material on the timeline that IS against the principles of role playing, that is, some events which characters on Rubi-Ka couldnt possibly know of, is reported, how you treat it ingame and in discussions is up to you, if you are a staunch role player and believes that knowing anything beyond what you character ingame could possibly know is downright cheating (or any other way you wish to put it), then be warned.

There are SPOILERS, but none of which is about the future of Rubi-Ka, only the history of Earth leading up to the landing on Rubi-Ka on the year 28702, so if you want to keep guessing about stuff such as what Omni Tek is, again be warned.

This timeline is a draft, so its rough around the edges, if you have any suggestions please post replies here or on the forum's thread.

The timeline is based on the story Prophet Without Honour, which can be found online here:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/story/past/novel/

My intention when I published the timeline is to give players a deeper insight into the events that led to the "discovery" of Rubi-Ka, perhaps then people would enjoy the game from a different perspective, beyond the direct conflict between Omni and Clan.

So without further chit chat here is the location of the timeline, it can be found under Resources, Forums, Stories:

http://www.geocities.com/derrasalli/GNN/index.html

I also plan to write a report on the various factions involved in the conflict on Earth during its tumultous history in the future.

So, I hope you enjoy it!

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Just for those that haven't had the pleasure of reading the book, I would consider that everything up to the year 10005 on that timeline should be considered word-of-mouth or folklore when in-character. It's been so long since the emancipation, that only the vaguest idea or ingrained loathing of the name Farmatek or Omega should exist (unless of course, you're playing an historian/archeologist).

Definately, a good deal of old earth (21st century?) is forgotten and lost, save the few "glowing" archeological relics found scattered here and there.

Good idea with fleshing out the in-betweens Actuary. And good luck with it.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Re: Timeline (1949 to 28702)

Originally posted by Actuary
    (OOC)

This is for those who are interested in the history of Earth from the year 1949 to 28702. I have posted the timeline on my guild's website.
    Great work, Actuary! Really, really cool.

-Ragnar
    www.ragnartornquist.com

cool

Cool Actuary !!!!

I host a site which hopes to bring a Omni-Tek Information together in one place. Would you mind if I hosted a copy of this info on my site pls.

Plus I would also welcome any additional information you may have or created later. Keep up the good work

Kirrana
    http://omni-tek.tripod.com/index.html

Wow! This is excellent! Great work.

It provides a great mental reminder when working on player events or taking part in discussions. You are right to mention about the information that no in-character person should know as I have seen several people running around shouting "Omni-Tek is run by Omega!"

Kudos to those people for reading the book, but people need to be careful on what they say as it ruins the RPing atmosphere.

Be sure to inform us of any updates!
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Sure Kirrana, you certainly can post it in your site if you wish, however please be aware of future updates as I can see many things that I would like to add, edit and change. (And if you could please recognise my guild, many thanks!).

The RPing aspect of the book was brought to my attention by Vrach of GVRK, when I blatently expressed my opinion on a thread regarding a meeting that was to be held in Tir. So learning from my mistakes, I made sure that it was known before anyone read and made any comments about it. Thanks Vrach!

As I have said, I will be posting a report on the factions involved and a certain "Project" that started it all.

I need an opinion on this one though:

Would anyone like to know what happens in the end? That is the Epilogue?

-Gouku, General of Operation: DemonSeed, Martial Artist.

:-)

Glad to see some advice work out well. Good work... I didn't even think of this. An expansion of it may be a role play friendly non-spoiler general history, incorporating the book timeline and the timeline on the AO site, with a little more information.

I think that the epilogue should be kept a fun secret, though. It was very fun to read at the end of the book. It literally made me shudder, and anticipate the future of Rubi-Ka.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Lightbulb Update

I have edited the timeline, making it more readable and added more information to some of the entries.

Cheers!

Oh btw, you can go to:

http://pub18.ezboard.com/bgnn

To read the timeline, as before it is under Stories.
    Last edited by Actuary; Apr 19th, 2002 at 03:38:53.

Lightbulb Anarchy on Earth: The Factions (Update)

This is another update on a new topic: The Factions involved in the conflict on Earth.

Please note the same stuff applies to this topic as that to the timeline (please read my first post), it's there for people who would like to know more about the world of Anarchy Online.

It can be found here:

http://pub18.ezboard.com/bgnn

Under Stories, Anarchy on Earth: The Factions

Future updates would include timeline of events leading up to present day, that is (hopefully) everything that happened up to today, for example.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Actuary; Apr 27th, 2002 at 01:59:29.