Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol blood bath causes civil uprising

Unhappy Omni-Pol blood bath causes civil uprising

Today at approx. 16:00 gmt, Omni-Pol officers crashed a pajama party hosted by DJ Tarryk as it was just getting under way at The Rompa bar. They declared that the clan intruders were to exit the city immidiatly, while taking Tarryk and other clan members inside hostage.
    Officers also attempted to arrest Methlon, leader of the Sinister Anarchists, for voicing his opinions of Omni-Tek oppression. After refusing to comply with the orders of Omni-Pol, Methlon was quickly and brutally assasinated by several shock troopers in battle suits, triggering a brief civil war between Omni-Pol, upset Omni citizens and clan forces who came to the rescue of their fellows. Omni-Pol police then opened fire on both clanners and rioting Omni citizens in the area and a bloodbath ensued for about half and hour. The resistance was finally quelled due to the overwhelming rescources of Omni-Pol.
    During the skirmish, a large number of onlookers (many of omni Entertainments own citizens) shouted their frustration about the apparent lack of justice present and the high levels of oppression enforced by local police. While the fighting ensued Tarryk was assaulted by Omni police while trying to flee the area.
    While several people agree with Omni-Pols actions, the incident undoubtedly tarnished the reputation of Omni-Tek for many others. Methlon, the person held responsible for causing the incident, attempted to stop the violence by surrendering, but Omni-Pol was no longer interested in that it seemed. They had done their bloody buisness and dispersed after killing an undisclosed amount of clan and omni people who were to peacfully attend the pajama party.
    Top members of SA went to Omni HQ to voice their opinion, where they were met by Division9 members who justified the actions of the police, saying all who do not comply with Omni policy will be regared as criminals and possibly cast out of Omni territories. It seems that Omni-Pols motive for the attack was to simply enforce its absolute power and remove the clan elements who were considered not welcome.
    Labeled by many as traitors, The Sinister Anarchists consider these heavy-handed tactics to be part of an ever increasing attempt by Omni-Tek to rule through fear and totalitarian govornment, and that Omni-Tek shows no sign that it desires to make peace with the clans. They are well known for standing up in the name of the oppressed of Rubi-ka for both Omni and clan citizens.

Last edited by Rubikat; Apr 18th, 2002 at 20:22:33.

Cool news, did you submit it to the newspapers?
    Here the link if you need
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ws/submitnews/

When you submit those news, put a more accurate spin on it:

"Clan Sinister Anarchists: beneficiaries of incredible mercy from Omni-Tek, though they didn't deserve it, the traitorous pigs."

SA is lucky that the rest of them weren't rounded up and shot when they went to whine at HQ, which is what real justice demands.

As for the rest of the trash present, clanners are no longer welcome in our cities so they got what they deserve. All in all, good, if incomplete, work, Omni-Pol!
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Still see the SA as traitors towards Omni-Tek, and i cant see what you clanners was doing in that bar anyway.

So, i dont see this as a bloodbath, but more as a minor skirmish.

/ooc: weeeeee :P
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Omni Pol are the scum of Omni-Tek, with out these tyrannous scum, life would prove to be better. SA will not stop untill the pigs are out of the way.

Ashes to Ashes...

Let US defend Omni....
    Too many times have I been killed by Omni Pol.

Omni-Pol attacked and dispersed a peaceful celebration. A Pajama party, for that matter. Simply because there were people there contracted to the clans.

They killed, among others, Thyme and Thime (the organizers of the event), Metalynx (my hunting partner), Methlon, and Nevver. I was detained and eventually placed under arrest for my grid-linked broadcast.

Truly sickening. They'll never stop LTK Radio, though. My broadcast held strong through the whole thing, and there'll be plenty more. Omni Entertainment hasn't seen the last of me.

h00t!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Question How did this even happen

Why would the clans want to go to the Rompa Bar? And how did they get there. Wouldn't the guards have shot them when the wompaed or gridded in?

Looks like a bunch of people just wanting to do something stupid to get int he news and give everyone involved a bad name.

Why would omni care? It wasn't a demonstration, it was a party, and it was at a location that we should have every right to party at.

News would not have been made at all if Omni-Pol had just lived with the inevitable fact that people are going to go to CLUBS they like in order to PARTY, and set aside their differences. But no, they had to storm in and destroy the whole setup.

The only people busting for publicity were....um....

well, me. And although that's not the way I intended to go about it, it still did the trick.

Thanks for the publicity, Omni-Pol. I'll be sure to stop by the Rhompa again!
    Last edited by Tarryk; Apr 18th, 2002 at 07:47:41.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Now this is more like it.

I think we need to see a bit more Omni-Pol brutality. Well, provided they make very clear what kind of people they're brutalizing. Sympathizers, clanners, indecisives, protestors, spies...

...people with bad fashion sense, people having fun...

You're not here to party, you're here to keep the Notum trade running and exterminate the Clans! Fun? Parties? Gah, it was about time.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

Originally posted by Tarryk
    Why would omni care? It wasn't a demonstration, it was a party, and it was at a location that we should have every right to party at.
    Why should they care? Because some time ago, Philip Ross declared amnesty over and that clanners were no longer welcome in our cities. You have no legal right to be in our cities and thus no legal right to be doing anything in the bars in our cities.

And the Omnis you were "partying" with, so you can set aside differences? You had no differences in the first place! SA are a bunch of criminals who oppose the OT rule and have called for the violent overthrow of OT government.

Looks to me like you came over to foment rebellion and violence in the capital of OTRK. You got off lightly, considering the circumstances.

Next time they should incarcerate you and your ne'er-do-well friends, then you can have next reethead bash in jail.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

A veritable barrage of acronyms and political banter. But it all equates to small words.

I'm clan by contract, and stay this way only because I disagree with the heavy-handed policies of Omni-Pol and it's endorsement by Omni-Tek. My views were only made that much stronger during the Rhompa bash, as were the views of many others.

I'm not welcome you say? Sure didn't seem that way to me. Omni-Tek employees, clanners, and neutrals all gathered en masse for the celebration at the Rhompa, and it was a most welcoming party indeed.

The only people who didn't welcome us were Omni-Pol. And even the many Omni employees who were at the party were against such a raid. It was unneccessary, it was opposed, and it resulted in Omni-Pol opening fire on it's OWN PEOPLE. That's right, Omni-Tek employees were gunned down just like the clanners.

This shows me what I've known all along, but I finally have the evidence to back it up. NOW is the hour of our discontent.

I do not oppose Omni-Tek. I oppose Omni-Pol. They reek of the nazis of ancient Earth, and their practices that night placed them at a synonymous level with such evil.

I didn't get off lightly. I did nothing to deserve my arrest, and Thyme & Thime did nothing to deserve being gunned down. I said it before and I'll say it again: It was not a demonstration. It was a party.

And there will be more parties. And, as before, omnis, clanners, and neutrals will all be there, celebrating their right to freedom despite their political seperation.

So long as there are so many people who believe in such causes, LTK Radio will not die. It will only get stronger, and it's listener base will form an example that both sides of this petty conflict should take a long, hard look at.

We, the Reetheads and Babooners, have already ended this war. Now let's see if Ross and Radiman can acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Apr 18th, 2002 at 14:22:22.

The report listed in the first post of this thread is an interesting mix of wrong facts. Only aggressive clanners were gunned down, aswell as any OT employees who opposed Omni-Pol. This is not a kindergarden, clanners are not welcome in Omni-Tek territory. Employees resisting Omni-Pol face termination, its as easy as that. Omni-Tek is a company with strict policies, those who do not obey them are subject to trials and imprisonment. Omni-Pol does its job as it will always do its job. Oppose Omni-Pol and you will pay for it.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Well I for one am an Omni employee who was present at this massacre. And a massacre it was. I have screenshots of Omni-Pol firing upon people DRESSED IN PAJAMAS for heaven's sake!

I am loyal to Omni-Tek and for that reason was distressed to see it's name besmirched by a platoon of heavy-handed thugs.

Peace would be the best thing for Omni-Tek so it can carry out its notum mining (isn't that the reason why Omni-Tek is here on Rubi-Ka in the first place?) without constant turmoil.

Yet peace cannot be achieved by bloodbaths like this. What did it lead to? An attack by clanners on an Omni outpost. And a number of Omni citizens who were appalled by the carnage enacted by the very police who are suppose to protect them.

Congratulations Omni-Pol for descending to the level of the Dust Brigade and bringing the proud name of Omni-Tek down into the mud!

If the sight of Omnis, clanners and neutrals partying together in Omni Entertainment was so distressful to Omni Administration there were better ways of handling it then sending in stormtroopers to force everyone out.

Heavy-handed tactics only serve to give Omni-Tek a black eye to the ICC. Remember the ICC? The actual owners of Rubi-Ka? The organization that can yank Omni-Tek's lease to the planet?

If an actual threat is being presented then of course Omni-Tek has the right to defend itself, with force if need be. But there was no threat in this party and by going off the deep end, Omni-Pol simply makes Omni-Tek look as bad as the Dust Brigade. If that happens then THE CLAN HAS WON.

Remember this is not just a physical conflict we are dealing with on Rubi-Ka but a political one.

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

I couldn't agree with Laenie more. And as a loyal Omni-Tek employee, I now fear for my life.

You can find me in Neutral territory until something is done about Omni Pol.

Nevver

Originally posted by Meister
    The report listed in the first post of this thread is an interesting mix of wrong facts. Only aggressive clanners were gunned down, aswell as any OT employees who opposed Omni-Pol.
    You're right, Meister. The news article should have read something like "Last night, Omni-Pol conducted a standard sweep-and-clear on a party of aggressive and evil clanners and clan sympathizers. These horrendous criminals, armed with only their ferocious language and deadly thongs and boxer shorts, presented a great threat to the security Omni Entertainment district. Doing the only thing they could, Omni-Pol opened fire and barely managed to take down the scantily clad demons of destruction."

I don't think so. We were a room full of half-naked, unarmed people, and Omni-Pol opened fire on us for no reason other than their own megalomania.

Keep in mind that I am NOT condoning the follow-up actions of the clans. I may have in the past, but I've since rethought this very thoroughly.

The attacks must stop. Any clan member retaliating on Omni-Tek for the actions of Omni-Pol will not receive my support. Our battle should be against tyranny, not corporate structure. Omni-Tek citizens are treated well by their employers.

Omni-Pol, however, is the enemy. I hope Ross sees this and disbands them. Soon.

Loyal and lawful citizens do not have to fear for their life. According to the Tir Accords, any clan member who enters Omni territory is subject to Omni-Tek Law. Same for neutrals. When asked to leave Omni-1 peacefully, most clan members obviously decided to shout at Omni-Pol or in some cases even fire upon the officers. Omni-Tek employees who were gunned down were attacking first. I know that this is a fact since it was not possible for the present guards to fire first without being attacked due to suppression gas levels. Every single person who died had attacked Omni-Pol first, we made sure that everyone involved with this operation understood the importance of not firing first on unarmed civilians. Omni-Pol is not a butcher machinery, it is Omni-Teks police force to maintain law and order in the streets. If you are loyal and do not oppose the police, then you dont have to fear it. Anyone else who fights Omni-Pol and in effect betrays the company by doing so, has to face harsh consequences.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Loyal and lawful citizens do not have to fear for their life. According to the Tir Accords, any clan member who enters Omni territory is subject to Omni-Tek Law. Same for neutrals. When asked to leave Omni-1 peacefully, most clan members obviously decided to shout at Omni-Pol or in some cases even fire upon the officers. Omni-Tek employees who were gunned down were attacking first. I know that this is a fact since it was not possible for the present guards to fire first without being attacked due to suppression gas levels. Every single person who died had attacked Omni-Pol first, we made sure that everyone involved with this operation understood the importance of not firing first on unarmed civilians. Omni-Pol is not a butcher machinery, it is Omni-Teks police force to maintain law and order in the streets. If you are loyal and do not oppose the police, then you dont have to fear it. Anyone else who fights Omni-Pol and in effect betrays the company by doing so, has to face harsh consequences.
    I have one question Meister. Who gave the order for Omni-Pol to move in in the first place? Don't tell me it was Philip Ross because I won't believe you. Mr. Ross is not a stupid man and sending armed forces against a party full of pajama clad people would be the height of stupidity.

I want the name so that we loyal Omni-Tek citizens may petition Mr. Ross to have this person removed from his/her office. The display of bad judgement that permeated this whole operation certainly should be enough to demote the official involved.

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

Laeni, the person responsible for the operation is General Zentopia of Omni-Pol. If you have a problem with it, contact him, but be aware that he is member of my guild, so no action against him will follow even if 10 of you demand it. There are some things which you do not know and which i am not at liberty to reveal here. Rest assured, those in power knew about the operation beforehand and if it wasnt permitted by Omni Admin, Omni-Pol wouldnt have been there in the first place. I dont think that it is your place to question the decisions of those in Omni Admin who gave the orders for this operation.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Reports indicate that the orders carried out by Commander Goltan and other top ranking Omni-Pol officers at the Rompa bar, were issued by Meister himself (or other top members of Omni-Pol), and that Omni officials had no knowledge of the event until later. While the police may have been acting within their rights to remove the clan element from the city, many people were upset because the party had been planned for Omni citizens who were peacfully attending. DJ Tarryk is famous for his gatherings and many Omni citizens will travel to clan territories to partake in them. Suffice to say, no one had a problem with the clan prescence until the police arrived. Earlier, a statement was released by Advisor Rubikat of the Sinister Anarchists about meisters words.

"Omni-Tek employees who were gunned down were attacking first I know this for a fact since it was not possible for the present guards to fire first without being attacked due to suppression gas levels." <Meister>

Those guards were GMs and you knew it Meister, the gasses didnt matter. Omni fired the first shots against Methlon, I dont know for sure of the clanners at the party attacked but its just not logical, think about it "Partygoers: hmm here I am dressed in my PJ's look! guards! big ones! should I attack?" comon youd have to be pretty dumb. Also shorty after Methlon was slaughtered by the guards, I was one of many that were suddenly aggroed, and had to flee the area. No I did not attack first, and any time I even came close to the Rompa I was attacked instantly. I love Omni-Tek and its citizens (except Meister but we of the SA are taking a stand against this kind of brutal authority divuldged by a corrupt police force.

~Rubikat~

Last edited by Rubikat; Apr 18th, 2002 at 20:21:59.

Laeni, the person responsible for the operation is General Zentopia of Omni-Pol. If you have a problem with it, contact him, but be aware that he is member of my guild, so no action against him will follow even if 10 of you demand it. There are some things which you do not know and which i am not at liberty to reveal here. Rest assured, those in power knew about the operation beforehand and if it wasnt permitted by Omni Admin, Omni-Pol wouldnt have been there in the first place. I dont think that it is your place to question the decisions of those in Omni Admin who gave the orders for this operation.
    /ooc: The character who is responding here is Aenie an Omni citizen and Board Member of Belle Rouge. Laeni is my CLAN character (and guildless). It was Aenie who was present at the incident, not Laeni (who personally doesn't feel comfortable going to a party in Omni territory and therefore restricts her partying to clan and neutral territories Just wanted to make this clear. (maybe I should ask Funcom to let me chose another message board name that wouldn't be so confusing)

IC: Meister, I did not ask you who was in charge of the operation. I asked you who GAVE the ORDER for the operation to take place at all. Or is Omni-Pol simply doing as they please?

And as a citizen of Omni-Tek I certainly do have the right to present a petition. Whether or not Omni-Administration grants the petition, refuses the petition, or ignores it altogether is their prerogative.

It is not YOUR place to decide for them

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge
    Last edited by Aniee; Apr 18th, 2002 at 21:31:52.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast