Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Omni-Pol blood bath causes civil uprising

A few choice quotes of my choosing:

Tarryk has said:

1. "I do not oppose Omni-Tek. I oppose Omni-Pol. They reek of the nazis of ancient Earth, and their practices that night placed them at a synonymous level with such evil."

2. "Then why on earth don't you guys goose-step more often?"

3. "The rest of your rather extensive post is the usual inane babble about your rules and regulations. I reiterate: Organized Street Gang. "

4. " Worked for the Bloods back in earth's late 21st, anyway. "

Common insults as well as attempts at slander have no place in a discussion. I suggest that you turn all of your creative talents to posting meaningful and inciteful comments about the incident and lay off the common street behavior.

Now, once again, for those who didn't grasp the concept the first time.

Omni-Tek is not a democracy.
    It is not a Republic.
    It is a government that is run by one individual who is the President of a Corporation.

As a corporation, Omni-Tek does not guarantee any rights to anyone who is not an employee or loyal retainer. If you are not a member of the corporation you are not allowed to use the facilities that are made exclusively for those of us who are.

This includes all businesses within the cities of Omni-Entertainment, Omni1-Trade, Rome Green, Rome Blue, Galway Castle, and too many others to count.

Just as an Omni-Tek employee is not allowed to frequent the businesses in Tir or Athen or any other Clan-controlled area.

If you continue to use your own insight into what you think your rights are in an Omni City, then do not be surprised if you are inconvenienced each time you test the resolve of the Law Officers of Omni-Tek.

And once more with emphasis.

Clan members are not welcome in any Omni-Tek city.

Amnesty has ended.

(OOC) Feel free to quote any passages that you deem worthy of personal response. I have more if you wish to use them as well.

Sgt. Stuart "Mymir" Baptist
    Public Relations Department
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek
    Rubi-Ka

(( OOC: I'm hoping that everyone who's involved is having as much fun with this string as I am. It looks to me that Meister might be getting just a tad IRL-Personal with this, and my suggestion is to save that sort of thing for an OOC debate, perhaps something involving real-time politics of earth. In the meantime, the discussion here is between our characters. I've been getting some pretty ticked off people yelling at me OOC for my comments (outside of this string, but with the comments herein in question). I was hoping that maybe this message would chill some of you out.

I love this forum, and I post in it under the guise of Tarryk. No, he's not the most honorable or good guy in the world, and no, I don't perceive him to be unconditionally righteous or well-founded mentally. If he were any of those things, he would be boring as all get-out to roleplay. I suggest anyone who DOES see their character that way take a step back into reality and try roleplaying when they figure out what it means to do so and why it should be a fun thing. That being said....*slips ic* ))

Common insults as well as attempts at slander have no place in a discussion. I suggest that you turn all of your creative talents to posting meaningful and inciteful comments about the incident and lay off the common street behavior.
    Re-edited for Omni-Pol: Common thug tactics as well as attempts at concealment of truth have no place in a supposedly organized structure. I suggest that you turn all of your negative energy to actually reporting the truth to the top notch of the ladder that you supposedly work for, and let HIM make the decisions as to what would be best for his cities. And lay off the common street behavior.

Omni-Tek is not a democracy.
    It is not a Republic.
    It is a government that is run by one individual who is the President of a Corporation.
    Absolutely true. One man runs things in Omni-Tek.

And he doesn't know a thing about this because of the cover-ups conducted by the very people that claim to work for him: Omni-Pol.

One of us has the ability to report the truth to him and be heard.

The other will continue to party in your city until you see fit to follow your own rules.

Clan members are not welcome in any Omni-Tek city.
    Not by Omni-Pol, maybe. But perhaps you should ask the population of the city you defend exactly where their thoughts lie in that aspect.

I've saved you the trouble, however, and threw a party there. The people of omni-tek welcomed me, and we rocked the place for a while.

Omni-Pol thugs, apparently miffed that they weren't invited, raided said party and only made themselves look even worse in the eyes of the very people they claim to protect.

I'm seeing a running theme here...
    Last edited by Tarryk; Apr 26th, 2002 at 03:07:45.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

I have said all their is to say from my point of view in this thread. I am tired of listening to the same song from Tarryk here everytime... There is nothing from IRL in my replies nor ingame, i am about 90% of my gametime IC, so you can save the first part of your last post Tarryk.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

(( There we go with that thick grey line again. I'll assume that you're posting OOC, Meister, so I'll follow up with this: Unbelievable. You're actually, IRL, getting tired of hearing Tarryk? That's pathetic. This is a roleplaying game. Now if MEISTER (your CHARACTER) is getting tired of hearing Tarryk's banter, that's more than understandable, and it makes for really good rp.
    But if you, IRL, are actually getting personally offended by Tarryk's post, you seriously need to go find a real life first, then learn to filter just a teensy bit of that out for the game, NOT vice versa. I've talked with you before and tried to start up an OOC conversation, but every time you brought your in-character views into real life, telling me what would be good or bad for me and how your omni-tek will trounce me for entering omni-ent. I've tried countless times to become friends with you OOC, and let you know that the animosity between Tarryk and Meister should be LEFT between Tarryk and Meister, and not carried over into the real world. I wanted to work with you to make a great sub-storyline, perhaps even develope a noticable chain of events between our characters.

But you just can't seem to do it, can you. I never had a problem with you, dude. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy the debates between our two characters. It's sad that you take such personal offense to them. Tarryk might be an annoying jerk sometimes, but I can assure you that _I_ am not, save for rare occasions. Like this one.

I pity you that you can't keep it between our characters, and learn that roleplaying is called what it is for a very distinct reason. Your personal offense would be humorous if it wasn't so detrimental to an otherwise great plotline.

On that note, I apologize IRL for offending you. I'm sorry that you take the game so personally. I'll direct Tarryk's attention elsewhere from now on, perhaps to people who know how to work with others to create content. ))
    Last edited by Tarryk; Apr 26th, 2002 at 16:34:11.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

And once again we are treated to the Tarryk "Insult of the Day".

I agree with Meister about one thing. This thread has gone on for too long.

When something of value or relevance to the issue at hand is posted, I will reply.

Until then Tarryk, your 15 minutes are up. The Drama department needs the soapbox.

Good Luck with future raves in Omni-1. I hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Mymir; May 4th, 2002 at 10:34:12.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

(( 15 minutes. LOL, if you only knew. Best thing about being a DJ is the allowance for ego and revelling in the fame.

You're right, though. Looks like Omni-Pol decided to go OOC and start *****ing at me for roleplaying too much. rofl. I'll take my drama elsewhere then, per your request. ))

All Omni members keep brining up the "Tir Accord" and stating that "Clan members cannot do this or a that".

who set about these laws? Omni-Tek
    What right does Omni-tek have to set up laws? None! - Omni-Tek is a company, not a government or the law system.

Omni-Tek does not own the planet, the ICC owns the planet - they are the ones who dictate what can/can't be done on the planet. It's almost like going round to a park, killing someone and then claiming its because they trespassed - when no-one owned the property.
    Omni-Tek pays money to the ICC for use of the planet, they do not pay for the right to set up a tyrannical government.

Why would you defend Omni-Pol? do you know what it is made up of? Murderers and other assorted criminals. We all know that those who join omni-pol are pardoned of any previous crime, a perferct get-away for all scum from the rest of the galaxy to lay-low and avoid the galactic police (which, itself, is run by the ICC) thats what the clans need to do, demand that the planet be policed by the ICC's intergalactic police force - to ensure no-one is prejudiced against again! (both Omni-tek employees and Clan citizens)
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

The Tir Accords were written and signed by both Omni-Tek and the Council as mediated by the ICC, Xed.

The Council also stated, on page one of the Accords, that "the Council recognizes Omni-Tek as the superior governing body of Rubi-Ka as documented in the ICC lease of 28708."

Your Council says so, Xed.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

(( Actually, Tarryk, Meister never went straight OOC during this thread. He, in character, got sick of arguing a point with Tarryk. I've had such discussions before. You realize your not getting anywhere with someone and you think in character"%$#@ it, you're never going to understand me past your own agenda" and walk away. It's not a rare thing. Do not get so touchy.))
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

(( Hm...well, can't say that I agree with you. OOC comments were made that were more than a bit referenced to a severe distaste for me IRL, by Meister and others. Read back a ways. At any rate, 'touchy' is something I tend to get when I get attacked by hypocracy. Go figure.

I've already ended Tarryk's vengeful outcries at Omni-Pol, and turned his attention elsewhere, since actually working with Omni-Pol OOC is impossible (unless of course I get the actual GM-based omni-pol to contact me, hehe...snowballs in hell). Lord knows they're busy enough with...um...hm... :P

I'm making a slightly less-than-stable decision to discontinue Tarryk's IC posts about anything at all, simply for the fact that many people take him offensively, and start attacking me personally for his rather outlandish attitude. It works on the air, and it works in-game, but it doesn't seem to hold butter on here, despite the good implementation and practice I've been giving it.

Once people start attacking me OOC instead of Tarryk (who's actually the one worth attacking), that's my cue to go find RPers and leave the news strings for the thin-grey-line types. ))

Wink

The simple fact is no one is going to agree.

To us it was a party cut and dry. To Omni Pol it was a way to show brute force. We had a blast while it lasted and they got to show everyone what sticks in the mud they can be. Tarryk, You and I both know they havent seen the last of us. so lets just smile -agree to disagree- and walk away.

I am however sorry that this whole event has caused you so much stress and personal attacks. Talking to Omni Pol is like talking to a brick wall. It gets you no where but fustrated.

So, whos up for anouther bash?
    -*grins*-

Thyme
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Hey isn't this supposed to be just a fun game?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234