Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Traders are BETTER at healing the DOCS! Fix! Bump

Well I know everyone wants +80 treatment ,but don't forget that docs only get that in much higher levels while you traders can easil;y wrangle at you're mid levels , and traders have extended ncu due to comp literacy buffs and can support buffs more then other proffesions which in my opninion should go to fixers instead.

I disagree with you're idea on you're credits output compared to you're input , how about a doctor don't they have to buy nano packs ,nanos etc etc and they even drain nano like Letah casts team heal very often. Do you think hp buffs , single buffs and hot's are not expensive? how much income do doctors get without +80 treatment? do people pay alot for IC? maybe 25k at the most? Monster Parts? every prof can convert monster parts do they earn much compared to a wrangle.. I don't tihnk so. Even with all the notes I don't think ther eis any reason why the people who are merchants can outheal a surgeon? but I agree that nobody should nerf Traders

also the green shotgun skill on the trader makes them efficient in combat because shotgun has good crits and damage compared to the light blue skill on pistols doctors have

but in the end doctors should heal better , if this continues then the doctor proffesion will soon go extincted. And the post I talked about earlier is comparison with doc not with a soldier.

and I actually think the idea of doctors doing implants should be more nice , then doing it you're self who would preform operation on themselves anyway?

This is what I would like fc to promote tradeskills and make them more money earning and profitable or even give more exp. Then funcom doens't need to give trader all these nanos and benefits to keep them equal after all as their name implies they should really be working on trades not spending time on missions or kicking everyones ass on pvp.

also I would like to say most people that are within the class Traders will have defensive opinions because they don't realize that they own...

they outheal surgeons outfight soldiers

how ilogical

You are right, I forgot adventurers (again) as being a sub-heal class. The thing is, I hardly ever team witrh adventurers....so.....I realy don't know how good they are as healers......which proves your point....I know.........

Adventurers as a class prove my points on AO however. FunCom should make sure everyone has fun before they introduce balance shifts and mechanic changes. As it is now, there are classes that are not having fun after a certain level and that, I think, must bring the creators of a game some serious shame. I wouldn't feel happy at all if I created a piece of entertainment and the people who played it weren't having fun with it........

greetingZz and my most humblest of apologies

-mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

well this is news to me.

i'm trader, but certainly docs should be waaay better healers than me. But keep in mind that most healings from your trader friend damages him / her over time..

but still ...

tradomario the neut

aaaabump

It's pretty pathatic at high level.

Docs get groups when no traders are around or because of friends you've made in the past. No one "needs" a doc anymore in team past 150.

Mobs die in a matter of seconds.. and the only time that things get iffy is with adds "calm calm calm" TY trader, you may now resume critting for 5k=D

It's quite frustrating when your spamhealing and you keep getting 500..600..550..670...500... ..

and then out of the blue

traderbob heals you for 999

"wtf!?" Mind if I just sit here an leech?

Traders shouldn't have heals.. and if they must keep them.. then the penalties for casting should be like losing a leg.. not some wuss 80 pt dot!

Can I have a 240 pt non stacking dot and teamheal for 3K? That would be fair wouldn't it?

Originally posted by markman
    well this is news to me.

i'm trader, but certainly docs should be waaay better healers than me. But keep in mind that most healings from your trader friend damages him / her over time..

but still ...

tradomario the neut

The funny thing with those self dots on trader heals is that they appear to refresh rather then remain. Wich means that a trader who spams teamheals will only get hit by his own dot after the fight is over, the dots just keep refreshing before they start ticking over and over again...
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

I thought the focus was how to improve Docs..

Just a quick note people need to remember when discussing trader nanocrystals then back to discussion:

To be effective using nanoformulas, a trader must consistantly buy or find nanocrystals based on his buffed stats, usually several skill levels above them. This is a significant credit/time drain to buy these crystals or do missions for them.

But back on topic. My suggestions, in the order I think they should be implemented

1. Change all implants so that treatment required only to install them and implement a way for another player's treatment skill to be used for the install process. This would alleviate the playerbase's concern over not being able to use high level implants because of the treatment requirements. At the same time, doctors would see an increasing request for implant installation (for which they could charge)
    2. (Tied to number one) Set the treatment skill required to install all implants significantly higher than current requirements to use them and provide the doctor profession a line of nanos similiar to trader Frequent Customer to significantly boost treatment skill. The nanoformulas boosting treatment for a very short period to allow installing the implants (prolly would want to have the nanoformula lock a skill or require the doctor to have full nanopoints and completely drain them, to prevent chain casting during combat). High level players of any profession would be able to assist installing implants in lower level players. But high level players would require seeking a doctor for their own implants (another source of credits).
    3. Raise the minimum heal amount on doctor heal nanos across the board and set a minimum heal amount lower on comparable trader heal nanos. A trader using the highest possible heal availible through buffed stats would see a lower average healing compared to a doctor using a comparable heal nano with unbuffed stats.
    4. Implement a doctor nanoformula line that buffs the healing amount of items/nanos without buffing the actual skill. So that with this nanobuff running, a QL 100 treatment lab receives a bonus % amount of healing for the duration of the nano. Would prolly require changing the mechanics behind healing to accept modifiers. From the various item databases on the web, it looks like all healing is a straight + to hp. Made into an actual function that heal nanos/items call to heal a player, healing could be made to accept a modifier such as Heal(x) heals x amounts of points while Heal(x, y) heals x amount of points + y%.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Trader team heals are too close to Docs? Yes and no. For info I play a Trader (amongst others) but not a Doc.

Doc single target heals are massively better than anyone elses heals, period. If there are there problems stopping you using those single target heals they should be addressed.

Doc team heals should also be better than anyone elses. Yours are cheaper to cast, similar in speed but have a large range of points healed.

In reality, Doc and Trader team heals should probably be the other way around (in other words if anyone is going to do consistent healing with a predictable narrow range it should be Doctors). Also, the recharge on trader heals is probably a bit quick compared with that on Docs.

The real problem though, is not that Trader heals are too good or that Doctor heals arent good enough. The problem is that a) Aggro shifts around to easily and b) Teams drop high level mobs too easily. If tanks were able to actually hold aggro then the doctors single target heal would become very useful and the team heals less so.

OK all you Docs?

Just to answer so stupid and misguided trader bashing posts from earlier:-

1. Traders deal in Skills, Health, Nano and AC. Thats what 'trader' signifies, not merchant.

2. If traders shouldnt get team heals then neither should anyone other than Docs. BTW without our team heals soloing as a trader would be pretty tough.

3. Wrangle as a moneymaker? ROFL. Play a trader and try to get rich from the pathetic wrangles you can do when you actually need the money.

Oh and I just have to answer this.....

"Traders are extremly overpowered in many ways, healing is only 1 way, so I started a trader myself, I just love to hit for 3k self buffed at lvl 57...(need to drain afew times for it tho:P)

Only problem I have now is that I already got my ql 180 Vektor Dragon on, a 6 slot belt, ql150 ncus, all nanos uploaded (including 132 wrangle) so what should I do now?"

What you should do is is campaign for Mochams to be removed from the game. *Thats* whats overpowered and allowed you to do all that. Without Mochams you'd be able to OE about as much as anyone else.

Originally posted by BGumble
    The real problem though, is not that Trader heals are too good or that Doctor heals arent good enough. The problem is that a) Aggro shifts around to easily and b) Teams drop high level mobs too easily. If tanks were able to actually hold aggro then the doctors single target heal would become very useful and the team heals less so.
    Comparing doc team heals to trader team heals was to make the comparison as straightforward as possible. Doctors get outhealed even using the single-target heal. The problem is not, "oh no I can't use my single-target heal cause I can't tell who the mob is on" the problem is "oh no my heal only heals for half of what the mob is hitting for each time."

2. If traders shouldnt get team heals then neither should anyone other than Docs. BTW without our team heals soloing as a trader would be pretty tough.
    Nah, just use the health hagglers instead. They heal a little less, but without the dot.

Well I think you should go play a doctor and see how they could get money apart from alternate character or organisation

Soloing w/o heals... been there

Originally posted by BGumble

BTW without our team heals soloing as a trader would be pretty tough.
    Uhm... that one flew right by me... team heals while soloing?
    Then again, I don't play a trader...

As for soloing w/o heals... team or other... I know a couple profs forced to do just that... with dmg potential and hp not exactly top notch.
    Know what?
    It's not hard... it's worse than that.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Re: Soloing w/o heals... been there

Originally posted by Hitokage

Uhm... that one flew right by me... team heals while soloing?
    Then again, I don't play a trader...

As for soloing w/o heals... team or other... I know a couple profs forced to do just that... with dmg potential and hp not exactly top notch.
    Know what?
    It's not hard... it's worse than that.
    Our direct heals suck. If i cast health haggler on myself then i lose some HP and and gain about twice as much. A ql100 nano would heal about 200 (dark blue skill). The other line drains health from a mob and gives it back to the trader. Which suck even at high lvls.
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=76651
    Ql 113 for a skill that is dark blue to a trader.
    In combat team heals (Delayed Health Payment) are better even for self healing if you are not in the team. The reason is because most traders max the light blue/green nano int so that the debuffs don't take 9 seconds to fully cast and stack them.
    Plus since the 1/2 damage on pvp patch the DOT that hits you from casting it does 1/2 the damage it used to do (bug).

Most professions have other things to help them solo. All trader buffing has to be done during combat taking away from the damage that needs to be done to finish the fight. Other professions can self buff and get ready before the fight.

The only way to solo yellows past lvl100 is to have outside crit buffs and health buffs. Sure you can shoot once or twice, hope for more than 100 damage on a ql200 home defender, then mez when you are almost dead. Heal up... then try again... but the problem is this takes forever.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

traders are just too uber.... but u can't complain, you have the option of being one too... I Just dont know whats going on at FC. A prof that can heal better than docs, deprive all your nanos and weapons, root, calm, wrangle, comp lit buff, its just sorta crazy if you ask me.

Originally posted by Cub
    traders are just too uber.... but u can't complain, you have the option of being one too... I Just dont know whats going on at FC. A prof that can heal better than docs, deprive all your nanos and weapons, root, calm, wrangle, comp lit buff, its just sorta crazy if you ask me.

Addressed individually:

1) The thread is about improving the Docs, not complaining about traders.

2) Ransack and deprive carry their own penalties, with deprive line nanos being resisted extremely easily (cept on players, according to Garzu, which may mean there's a bug).

3) Trader roots are much shorter than fixer roots, placing them firmly in the "secondary" role as intended.

4) More than 1 profession can calm, with the AoE mezz of the crats being the best. Again, secondary as intended.

5) Wrangles are supposed to be a trader's ROLE.

6) Complit buffs are self only. Post 14.2 patch the prior advtange requiring extra ncus, overequipping weapons and armor, will disappear and the complit buffs will return to their semi-intended use: getting better prices from vendor machines.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

maybe you want to re-read what i just said

traders are just too uber.... but u can't complain,
    "CAN'T" complain <------- i said...

everyone on these forums just likes to argue.

Originally posted by Cub
    maybe you want to re-read what i just said

"CAN'T" complain <------- i said...

everyone on these forums just likes to argue.
    Apologies....the rest sounded like somethings others have been complaining about.

I really wish more people would take up some of the other professions before crying nerf.

I did try a doc but I detest healing (I even avoid it as a trader). Tanks are usually too chicken and scream for heals they don't need.

Originally posted by Terranigma
    Well I think you should go play a doctor and see how they could get money apart from alternate character or organisation
    Amen.

Enjoy being broke till you can cast SFA., and even then you will be broke as it seems people are " expecting" that buff to be free. The times I've recheived 200k from it I can count on one hand. ( all of those being lvl 120+ back at my time which I grately appreciated ).
    Now this " rumour" goes that traders are a " good " class to play, so alot of players started one. Once as a low-mid-high level doc you could always count on a team, but now their place is being taken away more and more by alternative healers, for instance traders which can do more then just heal for the minimum.

In this game there are very few, actively posting docs left, hence a dead "doctor" forum and its certainly not going into the right direction.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Re: aaaabump

Originally posted by Light
    It's pretty pathatic at high level.
    It's quite frustrating when your spamhealing and you keep getting 500..600..550..670...500... ..

and then out of the blue

traderbob heals you for 999

"wtf!?" Mind if I just sit here an leech?
    But traders even at 150 would of had to debuff at least twice to cast that ql182 nano.
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...no=1&id=118245
    The skill is dark blue.
    In the time required to buff up to cast it you would of already spam healed several times (3-10 depending on your nano int/ncu upgrades etc). Plus the trader needs to keep debuffing to cast it more.
    Also stacking debuffs takes a sh!tload of NCU. In a 150 group hopefully (to make the mobs drop as fast as you say) you would have a UVC casting MA. Ess enforcer, Doc buff, Shields, Damage buffs, HE, and Evade buffs.
    Now to stack a debuff you have to have the full room in your ncu even though you are removing one and adding another.
    Example:
    Lets say i stack and have:
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=85847
    and
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=85848 (btw to cast these without stacking first requires to be above lvl 160-175 ish because of skill caps)

Total of 104 NCU already used.
    Now to cast
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=85846
    would require 55 NCU to be open (to upgrade the debuff) and now take up 108 NCU.
    Then to get the next highest debuff out:
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=85845
    would require another 57 NCU (has to be open to upgrade the debuff) but after this cast only require 112 NCU.
    This with a 6x belt and ql200 ncu (5) plus a recompiler would be 1/2 your ncu.
    You have to leave 57 ncu open to just keep these debuffs running. (Plunder adv + Divest adv + room to keep them up require 169 NCU)
    All this is needed to cast that 999 heal. (you could be concentrating on BM instead of evades, ranged int, nano int, during the skill cap lvls. Then you would only need maybe 1 or 2 debuffs.)

In a 150sih team with a crit buff though any healing class replaces a doc. Adventure, and MAs do so just as well. Like you said the mobs die so fast people are rarely even hit. And adds can be taken care of by Crats, NTs and Traders.

A lot of "trade" offs (no pun intended) and constant buffing is required to cast that 999 heal.

Saying that a lvl150 trader can just cast it as easily as a lvl150 doc can cast a 500ish team heal is incorrect though.

Please excuse spelling and grammar, I havn't maxed it every lvl.

Blackness confirmed!!

At 150+ though docs are generally more welcomed than Engies and MPs though.
    Pets get stuck and don't crit (noticably)

Blackness confirmed!!

this is getting too confusing......lol maybe trader should show sympathy to doctos and pary to fc that they will up the docs heals
    so docs won't die out. Then it'll all work out in the end...I still really like the idea of implants done by doctors...

What you should do is is campaign for Mochams to be removed from the game. *Thats* whats overpowered and allowed you to do all that. Without Mochams you'd be able to OE about as much as anyone else.
    No, what should change is so wrangle, divest and plunder ONLY raise weapon skills and NOT raise nano skills.

Traders raise weapon skills.

MPs raise nano skills.

That sounds like a good way to me...

This will fix atleast some of the trader twinks and over equip, it will also change trader debuffs so they don't make all profs that use nanos totally useless and maybe will balance so traders are more in line with most other profs in PvP.

I want balance, I started a trader cuz they seemed so damn good at everything, so I wanted to see how it was to be one myself and now when I'm lvl 61 I see that it's actually true, I'm still really low lvl but so far they are even better than I thought.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast