Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627

Thread: Traders are BETTER at healing the DOCS! Fix! Bump

Would you mind telling me which profession gets what in pay?

The Fixer got 100k. The Agent got 75k. I'm not sure what the Doctor got.

*sigh*

I said it before, I will say it again, even if no one listens:

Traders are fine, help Doctors please %)
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Gotta love all the "Traders deserved it" replies I saw in this thread. Hope you all still feel that when you are sitting at the reclaim terminal staring at that "You just lost 300K exp" message in front of you.

Having one less healing class in a game like this is a bad thing, anyone that thinks otherwise is a complete moron. It was the trader who kept me and the rest of the team alive when things got real dicy. Who is going to do that now, someone with a single heal that gets to decide who he/she will heal and who is gonna die?
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Hrm...Flann and Nalissa both get it. Wish the rest of yall would catch up to them. I've already made my decision to forgo aquiring any more DHP nanos for my trader. Why bother with a nano that's going to be useless because it's being refused to be fixed correctly. And I do think this thread bears some responsibility for the change. There's no avoiding that one.

Cross-posted to save typing:

I agree the bugs should be fixed. But they're not trying to just fix the bugs. They're trying to fix the bugs AND balance the nano without any solid evidence to backup the amount of balancing necessary. We know originally:
    1. Delayed Health Payments were intended to heal the team immediately.
    2. Delayed Health Payments were intended to extract more HP from the caster than was given to the team
    3. Delayed Health Payments were intended to extract the 'full payment' over the span of a full minute

Item 1 works as intended. Item 2 is bugged. Item 3 is either a bug or a bug AND a tremendous design flaw. If it were originally intended that the traders were to be unable to execute another Delayed Health Payment while the DoT was active, then it was originally intended that a trader could only execute a team heal once per minute. This would place the use frequency of Delayed Health Payments, including the QL 1 version, beyond that of any nanoformula in the game including team heals that restore full health. This would be both bug and design flaw. Fixing the bug portion would be to make it so DHPs weren't capable of execution during the DoT for the intended length. The bug being in the fact that the traders were capable of reexecuting the nano during the DoT. The design flaw would be in thinking that anyone would find the entire line of nanos useful for more than pretty nano effects.

The other option for Item 3 is that the trader was supposed to be able to reexecute the nanoformula during the DoT. The only way for Item 3 and Item 2 to work together would be for the DoTs to stack, leaving the trader vulnerable to hours worth of damage from stacked DoTs. Fixing this bug would require making the DoTs stack.

To do absolutely nothing but fix the bugs in the nanos would mean making the nanos do full damage and making it impossible to reexecute for the full 60 seconds under the current implementation. Or it would mean making the nano do full damage and making the DoTs stack so the 'price' of each individual nano was done over its intended time. Neither is being taken so the nano is 1) Having the bugs fixed and 2) Getting balanced at the exact same time without any observation to determine necessary effectiveness.

And this is exactly where I have a problem. I futher have a problem because people with actual experience concerning healing nanos and the frequency of their use are saying the time is barely worthwhile on their healing nanos, yet Traders are facing an already proposed length of twice as long (Martial Artists). And I have an extreme problem with having to PAY for all this with my health while others can use their heals twice as often with only the nanopoints as a cost. The level of problem I have with the su****ious coincidental timing of the announced bug fix and the amount of Anti-Trader posting on these forums cannot be measured (truth be told, Letah may not have advocated nerfing traders in her words but she definately advocated that in her choice of titles).
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627