Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Traders are BETTER at healing the DOCS! Fix! Bump

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Alpha and Omega may or may not be totally useless. It's totally useless if the doctor intends to try and spam heal it. But it has possibilities for a good team heal if there's a 2ndary healer in the group (Doc uses A&O when the team gets dangerously low on HP, and the 2ndary healer takes over while he recharges).
    In 154 levels I have used it exactly 3 times..
    Once to test it out, Second time to try and use it in battle, before I was over the 12 second cast time 2/3 people died, not even speaking about the recharge one. Third time was in a combination with another high level doc, but to combine it its impossible, it eats more nano kits then you can imagine, you'll be without nano most of the time = no healing = deaths; it just has no use.
    Just to sum it up, if a doc would use AO when the team gets low on hp, the team will be dead before he even finished casting it Complete heal has it uses, alpha&omega has not.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

shameless bomp..

I dont want to die young
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by bob

Oops, that was what you were answering.

Do you think the relative IP costs of BM,MM,TS are not relevant for the lower levels too, or just once IP is abundant?
    Again, this is part of the problem with the way people are doing the comparison. People are attempting to base entire professions' balance on the high level game. Now this wouldn't be all that bad if all they were asking for is balance on the high level game. But when people start talking about nerfing other professions to restore balance, they forget the nerf would affect that profession's balance across the board in order to restore the imbalance at the high level game. Where credits/IP are plentiful and they can suggest a move that would cripple a lower level player to make the comparison.

Trust me, very few traders are going to sacrifice other nanoskills to raise/implant BM (and become the heal trader) till the IP crunch wears off. And I know what some people are about to say: Traders can ransack/deprive to get the nanoskills needed. Any team that depends on the buffed healing powers of a profession to survive is begging to visit the reclaim terms.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Instead of a ransack a mastery/infuse/mocham usually does the trick... (and at the lvl of missions you'll be doing around 120-150 for a doc those buffs are crucial, for a trader they are , nice to have
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Rampage
    Instead of a ransack a mastery/infuse/mocham usually does the trick... (and at the lvl of missions you'll be doing around 120-150 for a doc those buffs are crucial, for a trader they are , nice to have
    I've died solo risking a heal on having divest/plunder running. But that's my gamble to take

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

hehe just bumping to keep this post so everyone can read : P

Originally posted by bob
    Forgive me (I don't have a really high level char), but why is the IP it takes not relevant?

Oki, make the NT nano skills dark blue.... at the same time make the nukes 2x better....
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu

Oki, make the NT nano skills dark blue.... at the same time make the nukes 2x better....
    Maybe I'm slow today, but your point is what exactly?

he's saying that he'll be happy as NT with blue skills and better nukes. You'll get the IP anyways. Don't forget if you specialize int o something you will always have a lot IP, also at lower lvl's. Garzu will just up his blue MC but his nukes will be great. That's his point.

About the conflicting implants: yes, heads conflict like all ppl but our OTHER ones (bright) also conflicts, unlike a Trader. So, Noer at lvl 200 and Destria at lvl 200. Noer will have better T&S/BM then Destria has BM/MM, even with the green skill of Des. (64-32-5=27 more skill). Understand why its werid now?

Okie, back to Bump

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Don't realy get the conflicting implant part as well.

Shining head is all nano skills, that always conflict. I can only guess a high lvl trader would stack T&S in this since that one controlls most of the useful trader lines. The other skill needed for trader heals, bio met, doesn't conflict with his mains (T&S and psy mod) in any way (bright chest and faded waist). Only thing to sacrifice is faded shotgun which gives a staggering +42 to attack rating at QL200. SO I realy don't see a problem with a trader raising bio met and planting it. The colour doesn't realy matter, when push comes to shove, the ip is abundant.
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

That's true... T&S and BM only conflict at the Shining slot, like all skills. Noer has made clear that the line of nanos that use Matter Meta are useless (just look at Relentless Slayer ), so a Trader could be fully implanted with T&S and BM, with the tilt towards T&S as usual, and give up only 42 Shotgun skill at most.

That leaves IP as the only issue, and that becomes easy as you get higher, so there really isn't a great deal stopping a Trader focusing on healing
    Dest

Originally posted by Letah

About the conflicting implants: yes, heads conflict like all ppl but our OTHER ones (bright) also conflicts, unlike a Trader. So, Noer at lvl 200 and Destria at lvl 200. Noer will have better T&S/BM then Destria has BM/MM, even with the green skill of Des. (64-32-5=27 more skill). Understand why its werid now?

Okie, back to Bump
    Sorry Letah, but on this one you have to bite the bullet. Just as a trader can choose to be a "heal trader", as you call it, they can choose to be something else. And you can't balance a profession based on what you think their implants should be.

Under your implant scenario, BM clusters would conflict with my MM and Dodge Ranged clusters. And my implant scheme is more valid than yours. Cause I'm the one that has to play with it, instead of looking in from the outside

Just pointing out, this whole "heal trader" idea is a choice among many. I personally doubt very many make that choice. But you can't judge the profession's overall abilities based on just that one choice.

Just stopping by to give all docs a big fat BUMP to make them masters of healing...as they should be
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Just to add something here.

A doc's heals (team/single) have a serious gap in healrange. In example Blossom of Health has a range of 500ish to 982. You will find that most of the time you will heal for 600ish with this heal.
    A new term has been invented for this, namely "heal-crit", meaning when you heal in the upperhalf of the healing range. This does not occour often, and I do not think it is affected by crit buffs.

Trader heals have much more concentrated healranges, like 800-1000. In my opinion it should be the other way around, making docs the ones with more concentrated healingranges.

We go around levelling to continue healing you while you level... All the money we have go into continuing healing you...
    WHY should we not be the best at healing? We are more teamfocused than any other profession out there, and we are not even the best at what we do.
    Healing is the only thing most of us do. Untill later levels at least, and then we only use weapons so we wont feel like a burdon...

So excuse me for saying, FC: you guys' conception of docs suck!
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Sorry Letah, but on this one you have to bite the bullet. Just as a trader can choose to be a "heal trader", as you call it, they can choose to be something else. And you can't balance a profession based on what you think their implants should be.

Under your implant scenario, BM clusters would conflict with my MM and Dodge Ranged clusters. And my implant scheme is more valid than yours. Cause I'm the one that has to play with it, instead of looking in from the outside

Just pointing out, this whole "heal trader" idea is a choice among many. I personally doubt very many make that choice. But you can't judge the profession's overall abilities based on just that one choice.
    do u even read ur own posts?

a doc can only implanted and with maxed skills never cast all his nanos at lvl 200
    a trader can!!

ry

Switch Doctor's Mim Heals with Traders.

Can't we settle at that?

Originally posted by bob

Maybe I'm slow today, but your point is what exactly?
    Letah already answered this for me, but I do it to so no one is in doubt.

What I mean is if all my nano skills were dark blue instead of green, I would be happy, as long as my nukes also became more powerful. Which is the issue between traders and docs. Traders got better team heals, but their skills cost more. I would be more than happy if my skills were transformed into dark blue, as long as my nukes got more powerful.
    NT phone HOME!!

Traders versatility makes em better

Higher level traders that are decent healers can be looked as much more useful in a groups than docs. Due to the skills they bring to the table, docs can't compete with that versatility. Docs shouldn't be arguably better healers, they should be undoubtedly better healers. We should at least bring some sort of other combat (or non combat) skills to the teaming table or make what we do have more palatable. I am NOT advocating a trader nerf. Many of the other suggestions such as reduced ncu cost, better debuffs, etc could go a long ways. Our debuffs are fine for pvp but near to useless in mob combat. They should be at least twice as strong on mobs. Same with dots. Now that I team nearly 100% of the time dot's are useless. How about making us more useful in combat? A doc only weapon that does decent poison based damage. How about a nano the resurrects, (warps and heals a dead member back to team) or even just removes rez sickness. I don't know exactly what the answer is but I'd sure like to see something done.

Doc Ralishaz
    Lvl 77
    Opposing Force

Originally posted by Ryuzaki

do u even read ur own posts?

a doc can only implanted and with maxed skills never cast all his nanos at lvl 200
    a trader can!!

ry
    Actually neither can a trader without buffs. The catch is we have the ability to buff ourselves.

I think the bottom line here is this. Doc heals shoudl have a higher min then ANY trader heal of comparison lvl. Same goes for max. A trader should never come close to, no matter how hard they try, the healing power of a doc. implatns/buffs aside. the nanos are where the problem is. How you choose to spend IP/Implant space is up to you. The real deal is, no trader should ever be able to even be compared to a doc on the heal scene. A doc should ALWAYS blow away any other prof in healing 100% of the time hands down no questions asked. period. So even if you soo choose to be a "healing trader" you shouldnt equal a Doc ever ever ever ever.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast