time and space 702 biological meta 630 heals: 700 - 800
    time and space 663 biological meta 594 heals: 636 - 740

Doctor QL182-140 Teamheals:
    biological meta 856 matter meta 772 heals: 485 - 970
    biological meta 821 matter meta 745 heals: 475 - 935
    biological meta 760 matter meta 689 heals: 449 - 872
    biological meta 704 matter meta 632 heals: 423 - 802
    biological meta 669 matter meta 599 heals: 402 - 754

Implant a Trader for T&S and BM (they dont conflict even so thats a stunning +210 T&S and +173 BM for QL200 Implants!) and you get this. We even have a conflicting BM/MM!

Verdict: Trader docs are better then Doctor docs.

Then im not even counting that Traders can calm and root as well.. and some happy depriving to eqp that nice shottie earlier.

To catch some comments from the doc thread about this:
    Q: We traders need to deprive for it
    A: We docs need MP buffs for it, so you can do it too. You can implant it like we do.

Q: We don't have time to shoot, doc is specialized!
    A: We shoot too after 130, you can make a Trader doc.

Q: You have good single heals!
    A: Your teamheals are BETTER then our single and teamheals.

Q: You got Complete Heal!
    A: Indeed, but what about docs lower then lvl 150? Sheesh.

Q: Dont ask for a nerf fs!
    A: I dont, i dont want to nerf anyone, but we suck compared to you and its our job. Give us better min. heals and better single heals! Less recharge time!

Oh yeah, forgot, trader heals are faster.. both recharge and cast...

A big fat <<BUMP>>

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

A big BUMP

] You can read the thread on the (dead)doc board about it here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=20180
    Last edited by Georg; Apr 16th, 2002 at 13:01:18.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I suddenly feel a couple of hundred BUMP'scoming up...
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Not an intended bump...

not a flame...
    not begging for any nerf...
    not even sure if it's OT....
    just thought it appropriate to mention the fact that docs (healers) got better DoT's than those in the game labeled "Assassins".
    And they even stack.

Cuts both ways, don't it.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

yup traders :

out-earn - Traders earn loads fom wrangles , docs? all they got is dat 80 treatment buff that they use much later. Most docs run to hunt while traders fly to their hunts ( if both are first characters )
    out-heal - From before i've known dat traders can outheal a doc easily. that was even before this post
    out-cast - they have faster recharge and more usefull nano's too like root , calm not to mention buffs
    out-shoot - with their wrangle they can easily get themselves a very good shotgun compared to docs which have to pay them to get a wrangle.

docs

tho i'm not a doc I feel that they should earn more at later levels. or even attain better nano's after all they sacrifice their lives to save ours lives. I don't want docs to be all powerfull but perhaps not let them feel so weak.

big fat bump! x 500

Hitokage , those dots are quite useless unless you have mochams and want to use up half your nanopool.

Against mobs they are totally ineffective, but then again , the agent ones aint of much use either, as they are FP'ed MA or MP 99% of the time. Tho I do agree Agents needs loving.
    Last edited by Georg; Apr 16th, 2002 at 15:37:17.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Agents need loving, deffinately, give all doc DoT's to agents!

Doc dots are not realy that effective eventhough they stack. Can't plant them because the team would say I'm a n00b because my team health buff (you know the one that got me killed like a zillion times due to excessive aggro) will be lower then my current level.

Bump again, docs should be the masters of healing!
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Bump.

AO seems to have professions whose abilities don't match their names or descriptions.

Originally posted by Terranigma
    yup traders :

out-earn - Traders earn loads fom wrangles , docs? all they got is dat 80 treatment buff that they use much later. Most docs run to hunt while traders fly to their hunts ( if both are first characters )
    out-heal - From before i've known dat traders can outheal a doc easily. that was even before this post
    Complete misconception. Traders are very expensive as first characters (as well as doctors). At low lvls(when money is actually a problem), not many ppl want your crappy-ass 30pt wrangle, and you'll probably have to spend quite a long time offering the buff for tips just to make up for the expense of buying the damn thing. The only time a trader can actually make considerable money from wrangles is when money is no longer an issue.

And I'd also like to point out that docs have the health boosts to increase the survivability of teams (so it's not like you're totally at a loss here). That being said, I would still like to see doc heals given a little boost, team heals in particular.

BM and MM are so hard to Implant.
    Than we are forced to choose over TS or MC

TS for Team HP and *very* Crappy HoT's cost way to much Nano
    MC for quick 7min Health Buffs and DoT's.

And the Traders being the most expensive? You can at least solo missions past lv20 for credits. Doctor's buy nanos each new level. NO Real trade skills worth squat. IC comes at lv60 or so. That goes for only 5k... 80 Treatment at 80+

Traders can get superior NCU with Comp Lit buff. To wield Mochams to Cast Superior Wrangles for High Prices.

Beh...

BUMP

You can at least solo missions past lv20 for credits.

You must be a pretty pathetic player if you cant solo missions past level 20. My level 50 doc can solo 60-65% missions with ease.

Treads that go BUMP in the night

Please bear in mind that we do not want Traders nerfed. We want Doctors boosted! Traders Team heals being faster and more powerful than our non-complete Target heals is NOT right

docs should be the undisputed masters of healing. there should not be a question that any of the other profs could even come close.

docs need to be upgraded to this point. if this is done doc demand will increase noticably.

don't nerf the rest.

there are few docs as is. if you nerf the rest, doc demand will go up and game fun and playtime will go down for those that don't know a doc to team with regularly.

Ill post my trader hate in a forum where it will be appreciated....

...IN THE TRADER FORUM MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by haniblecter; Apr 17th, 2002 at 20:48:56.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Ill post my trader hate in a forum where it will be appreciated...

...IN THE TRADER FORUM MUHAHHAHAHHAA
    Last edited by haniblecter; Apr 17th, 2002 at 20:49:42.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by haniblecter
    I hate to be an *******, but traders are waaay overbalanced.

Armor can be buffed by anyone so lets leave that out.

-They have the best (and only might I add) comp lit buffs (shouldnt these be for fixers???) allowing them to equip higher ncu's sooner, and not to have to add to comp lit until they can afford it

Comp Lit buffs are meant for traders to get discounts at shops. (which actually works BTW). A trader has no need for High NCU for self buffs. What buffs does a trader have that increase fighting capability before combant? Zero.

-Can up their attack rating to astronomical proportions allowing for more frequent crits.....

This is the ONLY, unique to a trader ability, that he can up his only green weapon skill. Shotgun. Sure other classes have things like pistol green (engineer) but have other ways to fight. Remember all classes are combat classes. You can't lvl (withtout decades) off of anything but combat. An enforcer can use BT/challenger to up his attack rating thus causing more crits, an agent can cast snipersbliss, soldiers can use masteries, mps can cast masteries, infuse, gifts. Traders have nothing but debuffs which only last 3 mins and can't realistically be buffed before combat.

-...Which leads into their nicely colored shotgun skill with its mega crits...

Only if you are using a outside MA crit buff or a scope. (both available to all other classes). Shotguns without crit buffs are on par with all other weapons for other professions.. Only they don't have any specials. This is made up for the fact that your attack rating with most of these guns is only dependant on one skill.

-...Not to mention the trade skill buffs (shouldnt these be for the engi's???)that went into equiping that crazy scope (although they arent dropping or rolling, tens of thousands are still out there)

Traders are named such because their skills are based on trade offs. Take one thing from here give here. Lower Traders X and give X+Y to other play. Somewhere FC confused this and got literal with their name. Trader doesn't mean Trade skill person.
    You are correct. These should go to engies.. (Of which i have =>)

-Lets not even get to their heals (shouldnt docs have these???)

Team heals for the trader ARE better than docs. The problem is they are bugged. They don't DOT as much as they advertise. They used to DOT for twice what they do now. I attribute this to the 1/2 PVP damage patch. Since I am attacking myself for some reason the DOT is halved. *shrugs*
    Docs should have a boost to their team heals. They should be the masters of healing. This presents problems in pvp but oh well.

-How about those AoE roots. I can tell you that I and my ENTIRE team died several times to a trader went happy with his pheaking
    AOE roots.

Kick him from your group. AoE roots take skill to use. They aggro EVERYTHING that you root onto you. Traders have no AC buffs no HP buffs. Unless in a group, using this only benefits you if you plan on running.

-Not to mention his sorce of income from selling his buffs

Wrangles are a drain on a traders income... Deprive/ransack/divest/plunder/wrangles are very very expensive because there are so many. By the time you can cast the wrangles that people want you don't need the money anymore.
    Traders charge large amounts of money for wrangles because they are annoying and no longer need the money when they can cast them. Most traders lvl up thinking wow.. when if can cast that 132 i will be rolling in the money. guess what... to buy that nano with the divests and plunders required to cast it before lvl 180 you need to spend 800k-2 Million for EACH nano. If you count all the divest and plunders along with the wrangle that is easily 10 million plus. IF you have the 10 million needed for this generally you are not going to be sitting in trade waiting to buff people. Usually you are off to some mission or off to a guild function when you get 5 tells just running through trade asking for 132 wrangles. You procede to say "500k" making it worth your time and they call you a @sshole. Guess what... I need the money a lot less than you need the wrangle.

It may be expensive to do all that, but a twink is a twink and thats what im concerned about.

Yes a trader twink is a twink. A agent twink is a twink, a Enforcer twink is a twink. AND?

Traders have every aspect of this game covered. Seriously, do they lack in any area? Nope, Atrox trader rules all.

For pvp only and only with outside buffs.
    For pvm Engineers and MPs rule. Engies the most until 14.2 anyway.

Traders lack solo capability without a crit buff
    Traders lack any pre-combat buffs.
    Traders are the second most expensive class to play (Docs are #1

All i am saying is that traders are not the god characters people in pvp see them as. fight a trader who has no outside buffs. The fight is very fair with all classes. They take skill to play and require more than just pressing 1,2,3 for alpha strike. I have lvled 7 characters to lvl60+ and currently have 600+ lvls active on my account. By far the easiest to lvl and fight monsters with are the pet classes. next enforcers and soldiers.
    The current "problem" with traders owning all in pvp is due to 2 things.
    1. Outside buffs that unbalance everything and make high-crit, low normal damage, weapons kings (shotguns).
    2. Decrease range on shotguns to make them ore realistic. Make their range about 6 meters.. not more than a sniper rifle.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Traders have no AC buffs?!?

Ever hear of Pawnbrokers armor? most MASSIVE AC buff in the game...sure you can't use it till later lvls but still any nano that takes from one and gives you rules.

Gorilla5
    113 Soldier

Drsepsis
    47 Doctor

"I'm my own best friend."
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

yup. traders have ac buffs. how many traders use these uber buffs?

Miir, I choose NOT to go weapons. To enhance my heals instead of weapon choices. Than you degrade me for being "gimped"?

"You must be a pretty pathetic player if you cant solo missions past level 20. My level 50 doc can solo 60-65% missions with ease."

I care less what you can do at lv50. I care less how easy it is.
    Most doctor's will drop weapons around lv20 cost of IP to raise skills and just raise Nano Skills!

But than again, what do I know, im a "Pathetic Doctor" past lv130.

Originally posted by Gorilla5
    Traders have no AC buffs?!?

Ever hear of Pawnbrokers armor? most MASSIVE AC buff in the game...sure you can't use it till later lvls but still any nano that takes from one and gives you rules.

Gorilla5
    113 Soldier

Drsepsis
    47 Doctor

"I'm my own best friend."
    Try casting Pawnbrokers armor on yourself before the fight.

Lets take a battle vs a Red mob.

Before a fight
    Soldier.. Take 130 lvl about the same as my 129 trader
    Casts all the expertise buffs, AR/RE/FL/Bu
    Casts Reflect shield
    Casts RE/AR mastery on self
    Casts RC (With proper implants and non maxed evades)
    Casts TS/MC expertise..(maybe can use higher TMS)
    Casts AC boost

Before a fight
    Trader take 129
    Casts Shotgun Exp.
    Casts riding shotgun (14 extra damage a hit)
    Casts PM/TS exp
    done

Soldier opens up with fling/burst/reg damage on their good damage 1.5/1 shooting weapon
    Average damage over 1.5k with no crits

Trader starts to cast debuff and before it goes off gets hit at least once/maybe twice. My attack rating is now similar to a pre-buffed soldier.

Soldier can TMS if in trouble ... Trader can heal/mez

both good classes and require different playstyles.

Saying that pawnbrokers armor is as useful and easily used in combat as a MAs/Engie/Soldier AC buff is entirely too simplistic.

*edit* Had to remove the word "ignorant". It has too many bad conotations.
    Last edited by Soccom; Apr 17th, 2002 at 00:34:53.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Page 1 of 27 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast