Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tokens in short missions and some other 14.0 bugs

Post Tokens in short missions and some other 14.0 bugs

Hello to all (including Funcom).

First of all I would like to ask, if somebody can confirm my observations.

By (my) priority:
    1) I do not longer get tokens for short missions! If this is intended, please inform me(us) or correct it. Would be a rather dirty move!
    2) The content of the backpacks in my inventory still rearranges (gnomes?!)
    3) Permanent Nano Crsytals - Some crystals still do not dissapear, after you uploaded them.

Background:
    -> 1) I started a second char, an Omni Engineer (Vermeer). One of the facts I was interested in - the token board. So I started collecting them. I (almost) always try to clean the mission before completing the task - so I do get a token quite often. At level 46 I have got 99 (no farming - straight solo leveling). At my actual level 'normal' missions take me ~ 1hour, sometimes even longer, to finish. So I am always happy (and looking for) grey cave type missions, because they are usually smaller. Since 14.0 it happened at least three times to me, that I didn't get a token, although the whole area was cleaned including traps and chests (two grey cave missions and one subway style). What I recognized is the following: The percentage calculating mechanism (chance for success) starts only after the fourth or so kill (Vorlaufzeit). It 'looks' like you have to kill a minimum number of mobs to get a chance at all (guessing) - all missions I didn't get a token for did contain 3 MOBs!
    This might be a bug or intended, either way, I would like to know.
    -> 2) No big deal, but my Omni-Med boots always rearrange in my implant backpack.
    -> 3) Bad for you guys (FC). It seems, that nano crystals derived as mission reward (and/or mission find item) do not dissapear after uploading. - Perma crystals - Another detail. I uploaded them out of a bag (by accident).
    I usually sell these to the shop after uploading and so far there where no really valuable among them, but right now I have a rather nice loot only Engi crystal (ql41 only - calm down) .... Just wanted to inform you.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Cool Crystals

I noticed those crystals yesterday as well. After uploading the crystal is still in my inv, but it says it got zero charges left.
    Think I sold the empty crystal for like 4 credits... ooooohh. Im rich!

Ah

Thanks, Adjuster, I have to check for the charges.

My crystals sold for more, but nothing really breath taking. I didn't care, because they are purchasable.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

You shouldn't get a token for a mission containing anything less than 5+ green+ mob's.

This has been in play for a long time, it was then promptly broken after the "wonderful devaluation of tokens" patch where walking into a 3 mob mission, all grey netted you a token - lots of 1000 boards earn't that weekend.

It has now been fixed again to how it was, missions with 3 mobs will never get tokens and I'd say 1 in every 5 missions with 4 mobs may net you one.

Post Oki

Thanks, RedSonja.

I don't have any problems accepting this 'rule' (sounds really solid - minimum effort to get a token), but honestly I never heard about it in any official 'statement' (not disqualifying your's).

Due to the young age of Vermeer (3 weeks) and my lack of experience in the token business (Max is neutral) I might have missed it, but can anybody point me towards any 'official' word.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I'm not sure you'll find an official word on it
    By trade my main character has done a lot of token runs, hence not being impressed when they devalued the 600 Tokens I had earn't at one token=one token, not four or five like it is now.

Because she has done a lot of missions she has worked this out totally by what experiences she has had.
    Since a few patches ago I've never seen a 3 MOB mission give a token and only very rarely seen a 4 MOB mission do so.
    5 MOB+, as long as they are all at least green, has certainly almost always given me a token, so long as I've cleared the whole place out.

One more thing

Just FYI, it appears that you only reach "100%" chance of a token after killing every mob in a mission. Also, it appears that only killing mobs matters... uncovering the mission rooms is meaningless.

It is possible to reach 100% chance of token and still have some mobs left. Usually this happens in large missions with 30+ mobs. I know because killing each one only bumps it 3%

Often it happens with rats in chests count towards the percent, and assassinate targets seem to not count as part of the 'total' number of mobs, but do count for the %. Thankfully it adds them to your percent a few seconds before you get your reward

However, I have gotten to 100% in pickup item missions with no rats, and theres still 2 or 3 mobs wandering around. So whatever determines the number of kills to hit 100% is not quite so cut and dry.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Smile Empty nanos

The nanos that use their charge and do not vanish are always the pickup item in "describe item" missions. In the past these were the 'master nanos' that were used by many people.

I heard about people somehow creating 'master' nanos of things like Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere, but since those are tradeskill only, I haven't the foggiest idea how they did it. Thats usually the case with cheaters, its not like they're going to come out and tell the world later

I had someone give me half a dozen high-level depleted nanos, and they still sold well to the shops, about 400,000 credits or so. Guess those shop terminals aren't so smart?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

All fine

Thanks guys and girl(s) for your input.

I indeed got a semi official answer from an ARK yesterday, where he stated exactly what you, RedSonja, already said: You have to kill 'a minimum' amount of MOBs to get a chance for a token 'at all'. So it seems, three is definitely not enough (fully accepted). I will have a look on this furtheron.

Concerning the nano crystals: I still have a 'interesting' one, that was the pick item in a mission. I assume it won't vanish after uploading (several levels -> IP), but I will check, if you can upload again afterwards.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Exclamation

No more master nanos, it will be '0 charges' after you upload it, but won't disspear. If you want to be a jack@ss, sell it to someone after using, j/k.

Avoid making bitter enemies and sell to the vendor. I unwittingly sold a 0 charge nano to someone after the patch that fixed them, and it nearly tainted me for good.

Post State of the art

Thanks again for all the help and advice, just want to add my (final) observations:

- Tokens in short missions. It looks like you need to have at least 5 (five, please don't nail me that number) MOBs/NPCs in your mission, to get a chance on a token. Cleared two small grey cave missions with 7 and 8 MOBs in it, % counting started first after I killed the 5th MOB.

- Rearrangements in back packs. Happens often when I die, no real cause detected, so far.

- No Master Nanos - they stay but have 0 charges left. Nevertheless, they sell to the vendor (loot only ones especially good - got 10k for my empty ql40 crystal). I will try to manufacture some crystals in the future and will check these as well.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Am I right in assuming from that last post that you actually got a token for completing a mission containing nothing but grey MOBS?

Post No, no

All Mobs are green (yellow, actually) at least - no greys.

If I did raise the impression that I am going for missions with grey MOBs/NPCs I want to apologize and clarify some things.
    I never did a mission below difficulty 1.1, what means that most to all MOBs are green or higher. As a (non-OE) Engi at level 50 with my lvl57 pet this is still no problem.

It still holds true, that greys reduce the chance to get a token (they add to the total number of kills you need, but are not counted in the end - own experience).

Closing in at the 120 token board.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Hay, no problem
    It's just I thought maybe after the 14.1 patch they may have "accidently?" re-introduced the bug where a mission containing four or five grey MOBS netted you a token no matter what your level was - if that was the case I was going to go report it, but I obviously mis-read what you were saying.

If you are token chasing nothing is better than entering a mission to find only five "blobs" on the radar and them all being green.
    If you are XP and/or item huinting then I can't think of anything more annoying

Thanks for the post Maximilian (and others). I can't and won't confirm them without some digging around in the minds of the PQ team (not here on a Sunday unfortunately), but will ensure these get looked after.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Smile Hello again

Thanks for the check Cosmik.

I can add some ingame info.

-> 1) Short missions.
    I did some 'statistics' during my last sessions. I can confirm, that you (I) can get a token for a misssion with five MOBs in it. After I killed the 5th MOB, the counter jumped directly to 100% and I got my token. In a couple of other (short) missions, I could confirm, that the counting process (probability to get a token) starts with/after MOB number 5.

-> 2) Rearrangements. Every time I die (and I do this much to often ) the content of my implant backpack (implants and med suit) rearranges happily -> unhappy Vermeer. No biggy.

To add to the queue.
    4) Pet bug. I entered a static dungeon (not mission) in Clon**** mine and lost contact to my robot pet. It was present and followed, but did not respond to any commands. Had to log.

5) Very bad bug. Right after this incident, I got attacked by Omni guards (Vermeer is Omni). Lost 50k XP to this. Grrr. I once read about a pet bug, where you and your pet loose affiliation after some unclarified events - happened already twice to me. I don't like this one.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Max, I've done lots and lots of missions like RedSonja. Had 460 tokens (during the 1 mission = 1 token days).

My conclusion is.. minium to get token = 4 non-grey mobs. Even greens count.

Also, opening chests counts as mobs too.

I think the program counts the number of time u GAIN XP. It's probably a bug. But I've done missions with hardly anymobs, but with enuf locked chests.. I still get the tokens. (eg. 1 mob, 3 locked chests).

Haven't tried it on 14.0 yet, I haven't got small missions yet. (only one with ZERO mob and ZERO chest = no token and no xp.. it was a full xp mission... sigh.)

Question 4 or 5?

Hi Ashuras, haven't seen you around for a while - nice to meet you again.

(Un)fortunately I've done most of my missions with Max, my neutral Adv, so I didn't care about tokens. Since a while, he is parked (-> Adv patch ...) and so I started Vermeer, an OT Engi, in 13.6. As he is Homo nano, I am rather anxious to get the highest token board possible (-> HP), 120 by now. This means, I did mostly missions since then.

Talking about short missions and token reward. I am pretty sure, that before 14.0 (13.8), I did get a token, even if there were only three MOBs in the area. It didn't work for one or two, but three did fine.
    As Engi I invested in Disarm as well, and all but 1 trapped chests/doors in Vermeer's life were disarmed succesfully (nice XP and going to be even higher after 14.2).
    According to all I have heared/read so far a couple of things changed with 14.0. Unlocking and Disarming no longer counts towards the chance to get a token (at least not visible). But the rats, you get from some traps do count, if you kill them -> you can get 100% without killing all MOBs in the area. And they reintroduced the lower boarder of 5(4?).
    Since my level is above 50 now I do not get very small mission to often now (even grey cave missions have between 7-12 mobs).

I hope my observations hold true - open for discussion.

Looking forward to a statement from Cosmik - hope dies last.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Heheh.. I got sick of AO for a while.. and went to play Dungeon Siege.

That game's graphics is amazing... AO should adopt it for indoor areas

I can't honestly speak for 14.0+, coz.. ehhe.. got my 1k board.. so now token is not a top priority.

Then again.. recently I've switched from doing Money missions to Full XP missions, and these require a Token in order for me to get my XP reward.. sigh... and I was so lucky to get a mission with NO mobs.. (those doing money or item runs would be damm happy for them).

I have Engineer Twink too. Level 42 I think. Got sick of watching the pet fight and sitting back. (ADV fight is close in and intense). So he's on hold for now.

Nanomage Engineer.. hmm.. not sure if it's a good idea. Sometimes u need to fight or do pulling... especially if u solo and face rooms with multiple mobs. Sending your bot in = 2 others come for u. So u'll need the HP to survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast