Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Beta Testers Please READ!

Talking Former Beta Testers Please READ!

Hey people I would like to start this thread in memory of all us former beta testers. I in beta was known as Kunn and Tassburfoot part of the Amazing Waldo team. Waldo team was a few people who broke lvls ranges by far in beta. We had one lvl 203 even which was a good friend Gizi who none of us heard of at all in release. I was 175 with Kunn and 156 with Tassburfoot. Me, Omnibates(Bates), Darkma(Dark) were just meeting up for first time since beta well Dark and Bates were me and Bates talked befor. We all all just wondering if any of the former beta testers that knew us or remember anyone that did were still around.

We would like to hold a beta tester reunino to remember all the people that have influenced us and have been influensed by us from beta. If you were a former beta tester from Beta2,3 or even 4 or earlier please post with your beta names and current names. The main reason for this is to reunite all the fellow friends that we have long lost since release and to see how many of you are still around till this day.

Only beta players I have met with have be Bates, Dark, Rosey(Remember the wardrobes =)) and Eshin former leader of the Ravenous Horde. However Eshin has disapeared.

So if any of you are from them days please post and let us know your around still we would love to hear from you all. Also I ask if a Moderator would please be able to sticky this thread so that we may form a list of us all and be able to hold a reunion.

Below will be posts from 2 other beta players so please give a warm welcome to Bates and Dark as they shall be posting anytime now. This reuninon I would like to be held sometime within next few week as to give everyone time to respond. Myself I would love to hear from Arghh, Gizi, Fitzgerald(Prolly not =( though), Doom, Grimm, Solan. If I missed your name please let me know.

Thank you.

Kunn/Tassburfoot

Sticky please=P

Talking We keep playing game

Hope to find some old beta test friends in game.
    We didnt get any help keeping old names from beta test FC reward from beta.
    So we are going to try find old friends new name.

Former beta testers please give tells so we can make reunion.

Thanks for keeping our names saved FC

DARK (during beta)

DARKMA
    Last edited by Gark; Apr 16th, 2002 at 06:11:43.

yeah was upsetting although few of us actualy salvaged ours. Please keep posting friends =P

Cool

Played as Therazel in beta 2-> as a clanner, saw the light in release and joined the true cause... Omni =)
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

I was in Beta 4 for a short while - called 'Lewis'

I was too confused to really meet anyone

Those Beta Days...

I was in beta from the beginning, I even think I met Tassburfoot a few times.

Under beta I had the name Mahogny, but she also had a few sisters- like Ivory or Ebony.

I'm to be contacted ingame now as Blitzabeth (my main), hopefully we'll make a betatesters party somewhere? :-)

I was in beta4 playing a female omni adventurer called 'Danor' - now go look up Danor in the AO database. Yup, not female, not omni, not adventurer - and not mine.

When the game went live, I started a new character, a neutral adventurer (I've only really played adventurers - I have some other characters, but rarely play them so they're all under level 15), until the day I woke up Clan.

And I do mean that seriously, as I had deleted the clan & omni application forms about a month beforehand...

Do I count?

Everyone Counts=P If you were in beta you are a former beta tester and we would love for you all to join the reunion. We havnt decided on a date and time as of yet. We are going to let this post get noticed and give all the former testers time to read it befor we hold the reunion. I am figuring about a week or so. I will keep you all informed Via here and possibly in-game on what the situation is.

Thank You

Kunn

Bates

Hey, Bates here
    Most of you in beta3 will remember me as the Flatulent Atrox Soldier who liked to crush small bugs. I have scoured Rubi-Ka in an attempt to find the fellow beta testers I used to hang with but to no avail. Can't really blame them for leaving since we busted our humps on this game only to have it launch prematurely EVEN AFTER WE SAID IT WASNT READY!
    But let bygones be bygones cuz now the game ROX.
    Lets try to get all the testers together if we can for some kind of event. Even if Funcom doesn't care, I still do

-Currently playing as Omnibates on Rubi-Ka1
    (because some jackass took Bates and just lets the name rot at lvl1)

I was in Beta 4, so I don't really count, as they pretty much let *all* us slimeballs in

Madaline was the name...

LoL @ Bates yes we did try to get them to fix things but as you said "let bigons be bigons" <~~~Think it spelled wrong sounds like "big-ons" hehe but you know what I mean =P

Finding beta testers wont be to hard seeing as every player and their mother apparently played since beta1

Originally posted by Vandame
    Finding beta testers wont be to hard seeing as every player and their mother apparently played since beta1
    hehehe, just like everyone was at *insert your generations seminal gig*

I started in Beta3 and was really a noobie

Name: Xeni
    Think i managed to get to lvl70 between the wipes.

I joined Warders of OMNI, who was founded by Beta players. Grimm was among us for a while. But he quit playing AO very early i think.
    Last edited by Xeni; Apr 17th, 2002 at 21:10:29.

Heya Kunn!

I don't normally visit these here boards but as you know I was a late comer to Ravenous Horde as Agent Kuni and now concentrating as Greyman.

Been here over a year lol, scary stuff. See you in-game
    =============
    AO Shades, a website for all shady characters

Saipo - lvl 200 MA
    Greyman - Agent
    Shadedgrey - A shade of course!
    =============

Heya Greyman good to see ya. I have decided to post poned a reunion till the newest random crashing is fixed. Reason for this is that I am not sure how many of you are effected by the bug but I am as well. So it would be rather hard to be able to visit in game with such a way as to crashing to constantly. I hope to see everyone soon however and will keep everyone informed as to when we will hold the event.

Also Bump =P

OMGoodness!

Beta memories !!!

I have been with this game since Beta 2 ..

Oh yes!.. Kunn/Tass .. Ohh the clothes!.. They were a must!!.
    LOL, they still are !

In the Beta's, I was known as,

Rosie and what I still play now.. A Doctor.

Rosie ( in Betas )

Rosey ( current day )
    Lvl 148 Doctor

Talking

Oh i remember the good old days.
    I startet at Beta 3.

My char then was:

Beta 3:
    Ayla - Doc - Joined Warders Of Omni (Changes char to Dragev)
    Dragev - Adventurer (Se above)
    Beta 4:
    Ayla - Doc
    Dragev - Adventurer - Joined up with Warders again =))
    (All omni)

It was the best times back then, i really miss it. Now its been like the same over and over and over again... Nothing new, i really miss it.

Oh btw..
    Why not have a meeting some time an talk about the good old times?? =))
    Last edited by Mechani; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 14:25:00.

That is exactly what we want to do is have a beta get together where we could all safly get to and meet =P. I can get anywhere safly along with a few others I know who have posted such as Rosey, Bates, and Darkma but for those that dont have planes or something would have a tougher time so best bet would be a safe place for all and a good time for all. However with the current erros in server it still wont be possible to do till the random crashes is repaired but I sure it will be soon=P

I started in beta 3 and all the leets killed me

in beta 4 I was Janine the nice doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast