Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: <-Weapon Receptacles: Here's how

How much B&E is required to hack a QL200 Wapons Receptable, I havelike 485 unbuffed atm, add 20 from exp, 79 from stack the odds and 32 from crowbar subtlety, thats 611, am i even close?

I got a QL 4... so I guess they pop up at any ql...

:(

dang...I've been selling this stuff to the stores after Missions, NOT anymore

Tsuneko, you'll need about 720ish B&E to be able to hack all of the weapon receptacles

you'll need about 740 Weapon SMT to finish all the receptacles
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

heheh, i get ALOT of tells from ppl askin me how to finish a weapon, soooo i must BUMP this post again ;P

BUMPPPPP
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Noer made me a QL198 Tellus the other day, but I've not got around to testing it yet. Soon as I get chance (i.e. get some IP into Burst and Fling), I'll let y'all know.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

wow, a soldier that buffed pistol, I"M VERY curious on the results, pls post them

Clanners call me Ozzy

NERF ENGI'S THEY ARE LEARNING HOWTO MAKE STUFF
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Bump

Bump...

Gotta keep this one alive...
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    wow, a soldier that buffed pistol, I"M VERY curious on the results, pls post them
    You must be kidding.

Soon as I get a bit of free IP, I'm putting some in pistol for testing purposes, but taking it out later.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

bump

Clanners call me Ozzy

Anybody got an ql80ish Sol Chirons System??
    Give me a tell ingame and we will talk.

Thanks Ouzzelle
    I have a 197 Tellus now, and they don't look so great anymore, they are fast and do fair dmg, but not for a 197 gun. it also is soldier only...and uses pistol. it also happens to use arrows and has evade close combat is defskill, wierd.

Random, or Specific?

Are these being found all over Rubi-Ka as mission loot? As mission rewards? Only in static missions? Would anybody mind telling me?

Originally posted by Bebop
    NERF ENGI'S THEY ARE LEARNING HOWTO MAKE STUFF
    roflroflrofl

On the Other Hand

I just did some poking around in AntiGuardians, looking at all of them. My preliminary take:

• Alsaqri Chemical Rifle: It better be uber, considering it uses the second most expensive ammo in the game and fires it at 1.0 speed. Except that, well, no, it's actually lower damage than even a routine sniper rifle like the Disaffiliation Sniper. Yawn.
    • HSR Explorer 661: Normal damage, poison AC (which will be nice for PvP, but irrelevant for PvM), adequate crits, and a minor hit point buff. Not bad. Except that the BBI Faithful does twice the damage, also buffs (dodge and duck), and is available in the Trader Shop. The BBI'll be more widely available, for cheaper, and at a wider range of QLs. OK for PvP, worthless for PvM.
    • IMI Tellus TT: Arrows? Maxed pistol skill but locked for a soldier? And damage is maybe, maybe just slightly better than a NovaFlow? Anything to be different, I guess.
    • Soft Pepper Pistol: No normal damage to speak of, but poison AC and insane crits. Requires only pistol skill to use, but requires a lot, I mean a lot, of that for the QL. Buffs MattCrea but not SpaceTime, through the roof. Perfect for NanoTechs, dubious for anybody else.
    • Sol Chironis Systems: For the same skill requirements, does less damage than either Mausser. Buffs run speed. Uses energy ammo, does energy AC damage - nice for lower level PvPers, irrelevant for everybody else. Yawn.
    • Summer Burst SMP: Again, for the skills, does less damage than a Mausser. Maussers are widely available in stores, for cheap. Again, anything to be different, I guess. Yawn.
    • Summer Fling SMP: I'm having a hard time figuring out what to compare it to, because pistol/smg/fling is an odd combination of skills. Nor am I sure what profession gets all three to where they could afford to equip this. (Engineers, maybe?) Damage is OK, for a pistol, not that that's saying much.
    • Summer FA SMP: Let me get this straight: Requires very high SMG and full auto, high heavy weapons. OK, it's a soldier weapon, nobody else could afford the IP. So compare it to the Nova Flow - same damage, but 95% lower crits. And the odd skill combination means that if you can't find one in the next QL you need, you're hosed. What a worthless weapon.
    • Summer Shells SMP: Given the high requirement of both SMG and Shotgun, again, only a soldier could afford the IP. Ends up being about as good as an SA Home Defender, a similar dual-wieldable shotgun, with a slightly higher rate of fire. OK, this one's not bad. But I wouldn't overpay for it.

Re: On the Other Hand

Originally posted by Brad, STL/MO
    • Sol Chironis Systems: For the same skill requirements, does less damage than either Mausser. Buffs run speed. Uses energy ammo, does energy AC damage - nice for lower level PvPers, irrelevant for everybody else. Yawn.
    A pro for the Sol is the balanced attack/recharge time (1.5/1.5 for a ql177). This allows me to ease off the agg/def slider earlier than with either mausser and still fire at optimal rate (1/1).

The recharge time puts it's burst cycle closer to the MCS than the MPS.

Another thing to consider: the Sol only shines(!) when you can get some crits with it. If crit buffs turn out to be scarce come 14.2, the lack of critical hits will not balance out the abyssmal minimum damage on the Sol and reduce the value of this otherwise nice piece.

Last bonus: it looks like a SMG

(add) I can hack up to ql200 receptacles with a Crowbar buff from an engineer. I'm pretty swamped in "work", though, so I might not have time to hack stuff for you right away. Clan only and for free. (/add)
    Last edited by schma; Apr 28th, 2002 at 20:57:09.
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Soft Pepper Pistol: No normal damage to speak of, but poison AC and insane crits. Requires only pistol skill to use, but requires a lot, I mean a lot, of that for the QL. Buffs MattCrea but not SpaceTime, through the roof. Perfect for NanoTechs, dubious for anybody else.
    Hooooold on there, Spanky!

You're ignoring the other two nanoskills the SPP buffs - Matt Met and Bio Met.

My Doctor loves hers :b

Mea Culpa

You're right, I'm wrong. You can tell I played an MP for too long; I'm used to seeing each of those paired with SpaceTime as a summoning requirement. The Soft Pepper Pistol would be ideal for doctors, at least as an alternate weapon to switch to while in teams. Do you find that it does enough damage to be able to solo with it?

bump

---

receptacles can be found in regular missions as well as team missions. found as mob loot?

---

indeed a better way to put things in the game than to put them on a mob that spawns every 18 hours or needs 18 teams to kill it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast