Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ClickSaver 0.9

Ok. I debugged my user interface library and the bug that it wasn't actually freeing gdi pens and brushes. It was rather harmless under 2k/xp (although it was probably causing a slow memory leak), but it was eating up all pens and brushes under win98/me so that it couldn't draw anything anymore...

There was also a bug with windows resizing that was showing up only under win98/me, fixed.

Since I got the interface working properly under win95 and my little fix yesterday fixed the "couldn't open capture" error, I think it should actualy work under win98/me this time :)

Great job

Originally posted by MORB
    Ok. I debugged my user interface library and the bug that it wasn't actually freeing gdi pens and brushes. It was rather harmless under 2k/xp (although it was probably causing a slow memory leak), but it was eating up all pens and brushes under win98/me so that it couldn't draw anything anymore...

There was also a bug with windows resizing that was showing up only under win98/me, fixed.

Since I got the interface working properly under win95 and my little fix yesterday fixed the "couldn't open capture" error, I think it should actualy work under win98/me this time
    I just wanted to thank you , and say .
    JOB WELL DONE.

Can i ask one favor though?

When your prompted with the "item found box" can we .. depending on the status of the" display dialog button" get a sound notification instead.

Re: Great job

Originally posted by jakespeed

I just wanted to thank you , and say .
    JOB WELL DONE.

blah, why don't you quit programming outside tools and play the game the way it was intended... :P

New version, fixed some problems with watch list.

Jakespeed: I won't add sound, at least not soon. I know there's issues with playing sound while AO is running and I don't want to go into that right now. I'm trying to fix the bugs currently, I'll add new stuff later.

Works on 98 now. Team missions dont. get error and the program quits. Maybe I should read the read me file?
    NT phone HOME!!

Team missions aren't supported yet, I don't even know what it does when you pull it while running clicksaver... Although someone told me on another forum that he's using clicksaver with team missions because of the location search.

I'm currently reinstalling 98 to test clicksaver and I hope find the last big bugs.

Question Question for MORB

I installed Clicksaver last night but ran into a problem. After installing the program and selecting my network card I closed Clicksaver since I had not started up AO yet. After starting AO and getting to a mission terminal I minimized AO and double clicked on the Clicksaver shortcut on my desktop. The little toolbar box in the bottom of the screen came up saying clicksaver but the program window was no where to be found. I right clicked the toolbar box thinking it was minimized but there was no min/max option listed. I right clicked and closed the program and tried starting it up from the orginal icon but I got the same thing, program listed in the toolbar box but the program window was no where to be found. Any idea on what could be happening?

I got the program window after I installed the program but after closing it, I have not seen it since.

I am running Windows XP with a P4 1.7, Turtle Beach Sound Card, Geforce3, with a Kingston eithernet card. (The card did appear in the setup screen and I did select the right one.)

Okay MORB running into the same problems as before. Works fine now through selection of perference and rolling of missions. But about after rolling 20 missions or so it explodes again.

Ran it through a couple of times to see if it would bugged up at the exact same point everytime and got this fatal error.

CLICKSAVER caused an invalid page fault in
    module CLICKSAVER.EXE at 017f:00403713.
    Registers:
    EAX=00012458 CS=017f EIP=00403713 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=00000038 SS=0187 ESP=0068f9a8 EBP=00000000
    ECX=00000038 DS=0187 ESI=0044b000 FS=217f
    EDX=2061ffc8 ES=0187 EDI=0041cb60 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    f3 a6 74 0d 40 3b c2 7e e9 5f 5e 5d 83 c8 ff 5b
    Stack dump:
    0041cb99 00438ba8 0041c610 20620000 00403329 00438ba8 20620000 0041cb60 00000038 00000000 00438ba8 00000000 20620000 004024dc 00438ba8 20620000

You have a debug version available anymore??? with enough use i can probably get it to die like this again.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

I just fixed it. It was another problem of non freed gdi objects. This time I reinstalled win98 and tested it myself, it seems to be as stable as on winxp now (at least for me ;))

Jeamus: well, it looks like a bug... I'll try to reproduce it.

I just fixed it. It was another problem of non freed gdi objects. This time I reinstalled win98 and tested it myself, it seems to be as stable as on winxp now (at least for me )

Jeamus: well, it looks like a bug... I'll try to reproduce it.
    morb, oh no, i can camp missions easier now, i'm getting uber items fast, i think it's a bug i stumbled upon, please fix it! please!!!! =)

your friend daxe.

Daxe, if you're trying to piss me off, you have a long way to go ;p

If you want to say me something, just go read my post on page 8 of your AOMD topic on game mechanics forum, and answer it.
    Last edited by MORB; Apr 20th, 2002 at 11:51:15.

Daxe, if you're trying to piss me off, you have a long way to go ;p

If you want to say me something, just go read my post on page 8 of your AOMD topic on game mechanics forum, and answer it.
    I'm not trying to piss you off, but just the fact that you said that must mean it does piss you off a little =) I'm just being stupid, you can ignore me if you want... You'll see posts like this for as long as you keep supporting/updating 3rd party tools like this... Play the game the way they intended you to... :P I read your post already... answer what?

Talking

Very good job !!!

I read your post already... answer what? [/B]
    Don't know, I was just making sure that you do know what is my opinion on the matter. And maybe get a chance of a constructive discussion instead of those useless remarks you throw here and there. If you want to waste your time and energy by doing that, it's not my problem ;)

MORB!

This prog kicks mucho butt!

I'm on dial-up, but I have an ethernet card and I'm running Win98se (with Winpcap installed, of course).

I downloaded your prog, chose PPP Adapter rather than my Ethernet card and *bam* all my missions are there neatly displayed in the ClickSaver window!

I could never get AOMD to work on my machine with dial-up!

You ROCK!

bump!
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12