Thread: Protest of the Tir Moat

Protest of the Tir Moat

Clan citizens; the toxic moat in Tir is a symbollic bloody nose for the Clans. We oppose the Omni-Tek Corp's pollution of our planet, but put our leadership around an ecological disaster. We must protest this issue, and convince the Council of Truth to clean up or replace the water - or, at the very least, explain the cost and why it hasn't been done!

It makes our city unsafe, unsanitary, unsightly, and most Omni-ish. If we can gather enough support, I am sure that the Council will hear our voice and respond.

The way to fight Omni is not to throw lives away on pointless attacks on distant outposts, but to be a symbol and lead by example, so that the Omni citizens see what is possible on Rubi-Ka. This would be a symbollic step in that direction. Imagine a beautiful Rubi-Ka day outside Fair Trade, the sun shining off a glittering moat, boat races, whatever we wish. It certainly beats trudging slowly across narrow foot bridges across disgusting and smelly "water"!

Unfortunately, I am not about to plan a gatehring without any support, so if you wish to form a protest SWIM around the moat, please tell me, Razhislyat, or e-mail me at my special Rubi-Ka account, ozisl@hotmail.com

--
    Razishlyat
    Clan Doctor/Smith/Monk

I sort of like the moat. It's a nice defensive advantage should we ever be forced to defend the island.

Snarf

Well, we'd have to be pretty screwed for that to happen. And anyway, plain water would be just as good a barrier; the whole 5 points of damage taken swimming across wouldn't matter much to anyone above level 2.

Besides, a better barrier would be, say, laser cannons.

I dunno, I sort of find the toxic waste aesthetically pleasing.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

It cured my dog's ephysema.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

It fixed my acute case of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Note To self: Do not stand on Notum Cannons when firing.
    Sorry, thats what came to mind when I read this post :]

Oh, your so-called Mayorness is about as valid as your policies. You are no better than Omni-Tek, and seek only to turn the Clans into even more of a polluted, corrupt regime than OT.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I agree, we should have pride in our City, and that pride should start with cleaning it up.

I fully support the campaign to clean up the canals.

Only by keeping true to our beliefs can we beat Omni-Tek.

> Oh, your so-called Mayorness is about as valid as your policies. You are no better than Omni-Tek, and seek only to turn the Clans into even more of a polluted, corrupt regime than OT.

Pshaw! A little selenium hexafluoride and fluorophosphoric acid never hurt anybody. Take it like a man!

Snarf

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Snarf says: Pshaw! A little selenium hexafluoride and fluorophosphoric acid never hurt anybody. Take it like a man!

It's a she

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Then take it like a woman!

hehe..

we all know that women have a higher threshold of pain

I love that the mote is FEAR for lowbies in lag. hehe.. I remember being 4 and running across the lag/bridge and falling in "OMG OMG OMG, I need to get OUT of here!!!"

hehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

As a proud citizen of Tir ( in the second dimension, though, so I'm not currently subject to Snarf's reign ), I've said it before and will be more than happy to say it again :

We like the water that way. It puts hair on your chest. And burns it right back off

- Daimonon

Hand railing on the bridges!

The fumes of the moat cause dizzy spells as you cross the bridges. Resulting in many falling in.
    I myself self have lost some fine miir outfits to this, being unable to wash out the stench!

Poor me died there when I was L2 or 3(can't remember). I was just a weak MP nanomage and that terrible gal made me fall down and die.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

The toxic waste in the moat is a disgrace to our city. How much more pleasing to the eye (not to mention the nose) to have that sewage replaced by clear clean water.

The Council of Truth building is located here in Tir. Should not our city reflect the best of the clans?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

> The Council of Truth building is located here in Tir. Should not our city reflect the best of the clans?

Tir does reflect the best of the clans. It reflects the disorder, the chaos, and revolt. It reflects the iron toxicity of our will -- a will for a better future! A will for destroying omni-tek!

Tir reflects our freedom, from our wonderful brothels to the cheep beer in our bars. It represents the sweet passage of time, as you lag your ass through fair trade.

Oh yes, Tir is a great and wonderous city. Built by the CoT, and taken over by the experienced and loving hands of the Shadows of Rubi-Ka.

Tir represents the best in us all... and the moat represents our toxic disgust for everything Omni-Tek, while providing a protective barrier against those who might attack those little tent things in fair trade.

Oh Tir, how I love thee.

Snarf!

Ugh!

I was walking by the moat the other day - I think I saw a dookie floating in there! How revolting!

Quote from Snarf:
    Tir does reflect the best of the clans. It reflects the disorder, the chaos, and revolt...
    ...and the dookie!

But hey I'm the last person who wants to tell you what to do with your canal, Mayor Snarf...
    Last edited by Tredge; Jan 2nd, 2002 at 19:59:53.