Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry is an Omega

Exclamation Harry is an Omega

What is up with Harry?

I had a little talk with him. He still seemed a little bitter over the death of his father and the damage done to his business when the clans attacked Omni-2.

Problem is, that attack happened 268 years ago. Last I checked, the homo solitus lifespan is still not significantly longer then 75 years.

The only ones to significantly increase their lifespan have been the Omega...
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Due to nano technology human lifespand could be waaaay more then 75 years. Can you remember the last time you were sick? No? The nanobots are working They could allso slow down the ageing progress.
    Christopher "Quezt" Houston-The Muscle
    Cornelius "Gaupa" Mcdrain-The Brain

Proud Veteran of Cerberus

Originally posted by Quezt
    They could allso slow down the ageing progress.
    Unfortunately, nanotechnology has not dramaticly increased our lifespans.

Timeline
    29436 New scientific developments finally help Omni-Tek scientists create a 99.9% effective cell-scanning insurance technology. The technology is immediately made available to all OT employees on Rubi-Ka. But certain restrictions apply: Users have to be between the ages of 21 and 75. If the subject is too young or too old, the life-force appears to dissipate before reaching its new host. The technology cannot halt aging; it proves impossible to revert to an insured state more than a few weeks old. The restrictions require constant - and expensive - use of the technology to remain safely insured.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Here's the thing. Having lost everything due to the Clan insurrection, Harry migrated south and ended up doing casual work, mostly as a delivery boy. One New Years Eve while he was delivering pizza to a cryogenics centre in Omni Trade was the victim of a freak accident. He stumbled in one of the cryogenic chambers and stood frozen there for 250 years. When he came out, the compound interest on his small savings account was enough to all him to start his new business which eventually grew into Harry's outpost. True story.

Oh yes, he also met up with Leela, Bender, Amy, professor Fandsworth and the rest of the gang.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Lol Dabblez

I think regardless of nanotechnology, the human lifespan would be far greater then 75. Currently already in RL we are seeing much older people then 75. So in 30,000 years where there is technology such as nanos to repair, do surgery, ect...I can see a person naturally living to 200.

Of course that person would need to stay out of battles hehe.

As I think of as, it is the future and if the future is just like today (lifespan ect), then it is not the future.

....today is only yesterdays tomorrow.....
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

It is regretable what happened to Harry.

Had there been no oppression there would have been no “insurrection.”

Harry is a fraud, he is like the legendary pirate Blackbeard.

There really was a Captain Blackbear, but he did not roam in 200 years, in fact he retired after a mere 15 and had another unknown person take over his ship, name and reputation.

Same thing with Harry, once Harry grows too old to be Harry, he has another Harry either cloned, or a man gets plastic surgery to look like him.....
    Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines

Seven Deadly Sins
    Seven Ways To Win
    Seven Holy Paths To Hell
    And Your Trip Begins
    Seven Downward Slopes
    Seven Bloodied Hopes
    Seven Are Your Burning Fires
    Seven Your Desires
    Agent suggestions by Sjofn : -new ql 190 nano "Call Airstrike", drops a Heckler on the target.

Dread Pirate Robert anyone?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Excactly , The Princess Bride

Seven Deadly Sins
    Seven Ways To Win
    Seven Holy Paths To Hell
    And Your Trip Begins
    Seven Downward Slopes
    Seven Bloodied Hopes
    Seven Your Desires
    Agent suggestions by Sjofn : -new ql 190 nano "Call Airstrike", drops a Heckler on the target.

Actually, remember that reclaim doesn't work on the very young (before puberty) and the very old (over about 67 or so I think it is), so if harry is 268, he must have been VERY careful for the last 201 years

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Not true Lil, just read my above explanation

Seven Deadly Sins
    Seven Ways To Win
    Seven Holy Paths To Hell
    And Your Trip Begins
    Seven Downward Slopes
    Seven Bloodied Hopes
    Seven Your Desires

Hehe I did read it, I was just reminding people of one of the often forgotten aspects of reclaim technology

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Obviously harry has taken advantage of our advanced technology to place his brain an immortal robot body. The question now is if he can someday become an Adrianne Barbobot.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Actually Harry can be 270+ odd years old. As said you can only use the insurance/reclaim system betweens the ages of 21 and 75. Yet! when we reclaim, our bodies are rebuilt to the time we were when we were insured. Look at me, I last reclaimed about 3 months ago. I have aged in that time yet if I suddenly get run over tomorrow by a loose Slayerdroid, then I will have negitively aged due to the activation of my clone by 3 months. So physically I will be 3 months younger, yet I will have lived those 3 months. It's all a matter of how often you insure as to how fast you age. The more often you insure, the faster you age.

As for what happened to Harry, just goes to show you can't trust anyone, even an ally. There he is busy selling weapons and supporting the Clans and when they get power, they knife him in the back as he helped them. Nice bit of loyalty there. And as he did see fit, only safe place seemed to be right outside Omni's front door since he's not likely to find too many Clanners there is he? or so's the theory.
    Last edited by Nyadach; Dec 7th, 2003 at 12:56:46.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

*Pulls up information on a Brief History of Rubi-ka from the grid*

Ah... Here I've found an article detailing the information on what current nano and insurance technology can currently do.

Dated 29436 but insurance technology has not changed much since then. Only it has been improved upon to almost 100% efficiency.

New scientific developments finally help Omni-Tek scientists create a 99.9% effective cell-scanning insurance technology. The technology is immediately made available to all OT employees on Rubi-Ka. But certain restrictions apply: Users have to be between the ages of 21 and 75. If the subject is too young or too old, the life-force appears to dissipate before reaching its new host. The technology cannot halt aging; it proves impossible to revert to an insured state more than a few weeks old. The restrictions require constant - and expensive - use of the technology to remain safely insured.

Therefore there is no plausible explanation as to Harry's age. At least with current human technology.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

Talking IM gona end the debate

I brought him back to life with my magical healing powers. There end of story.

Actually, I still say its possible for him to be 268, however its just he can't have used reclaim for the past 200 years. He must have just been very careful in that time, and made use of medical technology to keep him alive

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Actually, I still say its possible for him to be 268, however its just he can't have used reclaim for the past 200 years. He must have just been very careful in that time, and made use of medical technology to keep him alive

hugs

lilnymph
    Actually, that's wrong I think... He could have reclaimed all he wanted the past 200 years, and get killed every day. But he could'nt have bought new insurance for the past 200 years. If I buy an insurance now, and get killed once every year, and not getting another cell-scan, I will live forever, right?
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast