Thread: Grues's Journal, part II: Back from nowhere

Grues's Journal, part II: Back from nowhere

Went to HQ to take part in some faction leader training and to negotiate bureaucracy. The training was exactly as inane as you can imagine, so I will not tell you more about it here - instead I'll complain about something else.

While there, I got sick. Nothing new to me, but the first time since I arrived on R-K - had fever, cough, itchy skin, the works. Turns out it was something catching, and I got quarantined in a hospital.

Now this would have been utterly great, since even hospitals are more pleasant than corporate lectures, but naturally every damn doctor in the radius of a hundred miles had to flock around me and peck me and take tests and ask the same bloody questions, each of them. (If I hear "you were really born with NT genes outside of RK? not modified at orbit?" or "a very interesting case of congenital notum-deficiency" one more time, I will scream. Or worse.)

Yeah, I know I'm a freak. But I was not in their damn hospital because of that; I had a perfectly regular pneumonia or whatever. And I'm fairly certain that wouldn't have required all the time they kept me in to cure - especially at a time when I was desperately needed elsewhere for the E&E launch.

I feel like killing someone. Not necessarily the doctors, though.

But in any case, the launch has finally happened. See elsewhere for adds.

((OOC: IRL I had computer troubles and an acute case of schedule conflicts; the former is solved by buying my own computer and the latter seems to be getting easier. So hi guys, I'm back, want me or not. ))

Unexpected difficulties

I must say, I would have expected a more enthusiastic response to E & E recruiting, even on this godforsaken ball of rock. Hey! There must be OT citizens here that are neither full-time soldiers nor paper-pushers! Where are you all? It's not as if employment with us would mean you have to stop shooting clanners.

(Ha, ha.)

On a more positive note, I've met the third person on Rubi-Ka that I sincerely like. That might not sound much, but considering that I don't generally like people at all (I don't mean I dislike them either, though; most people are quite ok), it's quite an achievement from this gods' gift to notum addicts of a planet.

And I even managed to hire her. (More about that in some press release, soon, I hope.)

--
    Meda "Grues" Shenkel
    Initiate Nano-Technician
    Director of Omni-RK Events & Entertainment
    Jobe Market, Rubi-Ka (Rimor)

Hunting

I met Isid after a long time, which was very nice. He agreed to help me out on a few corporate missions, and didn't mind too much me fussing about following the specs to the letter in hopes of merits, either.

Isid's probably the strangest person on Rubi-Ka I've met: an atrox nano-technician, of all things, and keeps his opinions to himself, mostly. I've gathered he gets a lot of crap for being an atrox... the funniest things I remember from this planet is someone talking v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y to him to ask for something you'd normally ask an enforcer type, and Isid turning around and saying, in a very calm and refined voice: "I am sorry; you must have mistaken me for someone else. I am a nano-technician."

Recruition goes badly. What else is new?

--
    Meda "Grues" Shenkel
    Initiate Nano-Technician
    Director of Omni-RK Events & Entertainment
    Jobe Market, Rubi-Ka (Rimor)
    Last edited by Grues; Dec 10th, 2003 at 12:49:49.