Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP can self cast daemon at lvl 120, engi at lvl 170

me a minority???/ u know i had wondered y other Mps would cross the street when i walked by - i thaught it was jelousy at my Black shirt now.....
    I am a Pacman Ghost.

I like to hang around with friends, chatting, dancing, all that sort of thing. We don't appreciate outsiders, and do our best to discourage others approaching us. I enjoy occasionally wandering around randomly, and often find that when I do so, I get to where I wanted to be.

I taste of Death.

Doesn't everyone want a taste of death? Well they should. Most people deserve death. Keep away from me unless you think you're better than that. I probably won't like you.

Cpl. Damon "Moodyman" Kozar
    RSGE Division 9
    "Go For the Eyes Boo!!"
    Moodyman - 3rd Mp and last (i hope)
    lilmoody - everyone needs a break...

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

Lets see. My pet heals can heal my pet. MPs heal pet can heal pet/themselves/anyone they want. You say in another post the only time a engie looses a pet is when they die. You therefore nullify your arguement about our healing being equal to MP healing. You basically say there yourself engie heals are absolutely useless. We can't even use our pet heals on other engie or crats bots.
    That's not what I said, I said that if an engie loses his pet, chances are he's dead and at reclaim, and such he doesn't need to leave the mission and loose the map since he's already lost it. It was a response to that point.

But yes, MP healpet is better than engie petheals. I've never said otherwise. What I said was in a response to someone saying that we can heal our pets while engies can't.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

MPs and traders are the uber classes of AO right now. And the fact MPs can recast your pet in the middle of a mission without dying essentially means your pets have infinate HP.
    I'm very curious as to where that "fact" comes from... An MP who looses his combat-pet in a mission is most likely dead before he can toss out a new one as well. When our pet dies, we can't re-cast it for a few seconds, and unless we're lucky and don't get aggro (which we most likely will) we die before our new pet can be summoned.

But as I've said before, and I say again, engineers shouldn't be fixed by giving them better pets, it should be fixed by making them better with tradeskills and such. MP pets may be better, but in combat they're pretty much all we've got. Our nukes aren't as uber as many seem to think, and they almost always pull aggro, so using them is more like a last resort thing.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Originally posted by Irritated

Come on fellow engies.. let the people that actually need to whine whine... IE fixers / adventures/ agents.
    ...don't forget the NT's

Personally I don't see why agents whine at all though... But that's a different discussion I guess. Never played an agent so I wouldn't know all sides of it, but my impression is agents are great. I'd love to play one, except I love being an MP so I don't have time for it
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

OK, I skipped the last 50% of this thread (getting bored and sleepy at work) so I'll just post my thoughts and let you flame away.

My main is an MP. Our team always looks for an Engineer, Med and often an Enforcer. The Bot always takes the flack, but doesn't pull. Often I pull to the Bot.

Oh, and if the engineer needs buffs, he is NOT charged. In fact I ask him/her if they need the buffs every time I rebuff myself. I just wish I had Infuse already, then I could help my Engy buddy even more..

I have also seen a friendly pet only PvP between even-ish Bot and Demon of some lvl or other, and the Bot always won. Not by much, but it won.

So basically I think the MP/Eng relationship is a good one, that is easily spoiled by lack of friendly buffs from MP's, or sometimes annoying Engy's (very few, luckily!) who just aren't polite enough.. I can't say I have ever refused to buff an Engineer, ever..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Ok that is BS.
    Have an extra shell in your pack. you CAN get out a new self cast pet faster than a MP.

One thing i have noticed is that Engineer bots seem to get stronger the closer you are to using them self cast.

I could cast the highest slayer at lvl 108. Against 1 real mean or 1 ace the bot would take a serious beating. Even with constant bot healing the bot would usually eat it.
    Now at lvl 133 I'm just gifts or infuse/small wrangle off from casting the highest slayer droid. Now the bot can tank a ace or real mean much easier and after 0 heals is only 1/2 hp left. Maybe this is because i have much higher lvl trimmers now and maybe its dependant on skills... with FC who knows.

Mine dies all the time. I don't bother getting Gifts unless I team with my MP friend. And his pets die and require him to resummon them.

Takes about 1 seconds from the time it fully dies. (Just like the amount of time it takes to loot a mob after it does the death animation)
    Its faster to get bot out.
    Lol contradiction interminis...

First you say that your slayer can tank an ace or Real mean and you don't need to heal it... which in my view is utter bull****, cos they cannot. Then you say, mine dies all the time.... which makes your first statement a big lie then, if your pet dies all the time, how can you ever have it tank an ace or Real mean, without a team to kill the ace off finally?....

Doh...

You're just rambling...

PS: I say again, Engie heal skills are MAT MET and BIO MET, of which BIO MET is Darkblue anyways, whilst MP Heal pet is Green skills dependant... So why should we have any good healing skills? LOL! ... just remove those from the game or something... quite useless those heals.
    Last edited by Abrikoosje; Apr 19th, 2002 at 14:51:15.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123