Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP can self cast daemon at lvl 120, engi at lvl 170

MP can self cast daemon at lvl 120, engi at lvl 170

plz fc do something for that

it's so boring to have to run after mochams + wrangle and to have to pay for them each time

we r both pet class and daemon = droid

Uhm, why DO you run after mochams and wrangles, anyway?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

a trader / soldier / NT / Enforcer / MA r already over damaging my droid and ENFO / MA makes as good as puller with a doc as droid so what do u think

i m alrdy useless and i m gonna come with a still lower bot ...

Well...

A solitus engineer can't self cast a slayerdroid until they are about level 194. A solitus engineer can't even self cast a level 200 slayerdroid at level 200 without a Khan.

That is wrong IMO. At level 200 with QL 200 implants an engineer should be able to use his/hers primary weapon.

I'm level 166 wielding the Khan, and I can't even self buff into the lowest QL slayerdroid.

That would make sense *IF* you are the "best" Breed for your class.

+1 for nanomages
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'm lvl 194 now and I could self cast a Slayerdroid Sentinel (868 TS/MC) without Khan, if it wasn't for the #$%&@&$ BUGS. 2 More lvls and hello Guardian.

PS: I'm nanomage
    Last edited by Krneki; Apr 14th, 2002 at 11:53:16.

We are engineers. We are not soldiers. It would be absurd if our bots always outtanked enforcers.

However, with tradeskills basically not working, yes, we do have a problem. I think we need more buffs that can be useful to people, both outside and during a fight. Not every engineer uses a weapon in a fight, and they need something to do while the others are blasting away.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

MPs can summon their highest pets much earlier than engineer can summon their highest pets. But an engineer's highest pet is better than an MP's highest pet. So MPs have a better pet for quite a number of levels, during which the engineer is still improving his pet and catches up and passes the MP (around, what, level 150?). After that the MP is still (and will always be) using the same pet that he did at level 120 while the engineer has a better pet for the duration of the character's life.

At different points different professions are better than others. Engineers and MPs shoudl just team, the engineer would sponge a bit off the MP at early levels and then it would reverse later. And take a soldier or MA with you because they will be worse than you for a long time and then much better than you after you max your pets out and they continue to improve...

Scorus

lol

u think we r only having slayer at lvl 150

at lvl 85 is possible to cast a droid, just need some money and relations or others high lvls chars that can bring u what u need

i just feel it really boring to spend 30 mins running after mochams + wrangle that always cost u a lot of money (at least 300k)
    when u c MP that can self cast their daemon which is AS GOOD AS Slayer guardian, they have less HP but hit harder and r self trimmed, so MP don't have to spend IP on trade skills that r useless.

I thought the 2 best pets were already tested against each other and were found to be an EVEN match? Hence, the MP just tops out in his 120s and the engineer without an MP strapped to his butt doesn't max out (at the same level of pet power) until the 190s.

Doesn't sound even to me.

In my experiences with MPs and Engineers in teams, MP demons with +200 damage buffs on them out damage engineer pets without breaking a sweat.

Again, Doesn't sound even to me.

Max is right.

If FC is trying to level all classes. Why can MP's cast such high level pets when no one else can? Let me tell u my story.

I started an MP Atrox not long ago. I brought him all the way up to 47. I now cast a level 70 attack pet but still using Valentia, the 3rd version of the healer pet. At 44 I began to cast the level 70 attack pet. There was no way I could at 44 as an Engineer NANOMAGE even cast a 70 pet!!!

Anyways, slayer can no way outdamage slayers. I sent my lvl 166 WarMachine on a 140 soldier and his friend MA :-) They took virtualy no dmg yet desintegrated my warmachine, unbuffed.

I also have an 84 Bureacrat. His pet sux bigtime. Low orange to me.

MP's get red pets already at level 10 and never see and orange pet after level 10. This realy is not right.

My Eng is 130, check it out if u dont believe me his name is FEROME on RK1. He has 710 MC and TS. He uses QL 150-165 implants. I think that at or around level 150-170 then maybe I can self cast a red pet such as Slayer (lowest level one). I haven't been able to cast a red pet in so long that I forgot about the color red.

Anyways, I think Max is right and bump his posts!

Originally posted by Scorus
    MPs can summon their highest pets much earlier than engineer can summon their highest pets. But an engineer's highest pet is better than an MP's highest pet. So MPs have a better pet for quite a number of levels, during which the engineer is still improving his pet and catches up and passes the MP (around, what, level 150?). After that the MP is still (and will always be) using the same pet that he did at level 120 while the engineer has a better pet for the duration of the character's life.

At different points different professions are better than others. Engineers and MPs shoudl just team, the engineer would sponge a bit off the MP at early levels and then it would reverse later. And take a soldier or MA with you because they will be worse than you for a long time and then much better than you after you max your pets out and they continue to improve...

Scorus
    Sorry, but my pet won't get ANY better until I'm level 192-193 because of skill caps. And I will never be able to self buff a QL 200 pet unless I use the Khan which is so horrible when it comes to damage I'm rather ashamed to even use it. So, I will never have a better pet than a fully buffed MP demon. I will not grow in power and surpass an MP ever (when it comes to combat abilities). I'm not jealous of MPs.. they can be as powerful as a Titan for all I care, but I do believe that I should be able to use my best pet at the highest level possible in this game without using an abominable gun like the Khan. The same goes for NTs and their last nukes. They too can't use them without skill enhancing items/buffs.

Sorry if I'm whining, but I'm just sooo tired of skill caps

Originally posted by creator
    MP's get red pets already at level 10 and never see and orange pet after level 10. This realy is not right.
    You're right, this really is not right. MP's cap their nanoskills (mc,ts,bm,mm) at level 82. We go 18 levels with pets becoming more and more yellow. By the time we're 100 (and get to spend ip's on nanoskills again) our pets are nowhere close to red.

As it is today, engineers have advantages over mp's even if they can't self buff higher pets. First of all, your pets don't expire, ours do. My pet lasts for half an hour or so before I have to summon a new one. All engineers have to do to keep their pets is to stay alive (and make sure the pet is close when they zone). This might become a problem when 14.2 goes live though - that I don't know yet. If engineers were able to buff nanoskills with the equivalent of mastery, infuse or mocham, they would suddenly become MP's with robots and cheap tradeskills. Doesn't sound fair, does it?

Where pets are concerned, I think engineers are just the way they should be. Where tradeskills are concerned they're not, and that's where we'll see some improvement in the future. If engineers suddenly get nanobuffs then we MP's should also get (more) green tradeskills and the ability to make robots.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Grrr there is a difference between baiting and pulling. And no they are not interchangeable.

Baiting =a melee character runs up to a mob and attacks it any adds in the area then go to him while the rest of the team attacks the same mob that the melee character is fighting. Baiting is more dangerous and often if your not careful will get the entire team killed if the wrong mob type is chosen. It is much easier to get adds with

Pulling=a ranged attack user (or an atrox with da taunter) uses their range to attack single mobs and bring back single mobs to the group. By judging the distance between mobs you can pull one mob out of a group and just get one mob. In general a good puller is a good thing indeed, nice relatively safe hunts with the occasional bad pull due to a mob that spawns. In general the greater the puller's range, the safer the pull is. If adds come you should have plenty of time to root or preferably calm the adds. Pulling the mob out of its usual area also prevents many adds due to the puller pulling the mob out of the agro range of that mob type's spawn area.

Sorry bit of a pet peave of mine.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

lol Archelan, u r incredebly wrong

MP can heal their pets, add 219 DMG buff, have pet to take aggro

MP pet buffed r BETTER then engi PET

and u have ROOT / Nano buff / Odin's eye / NUKE / .... and i m not talking about the utility of heal pet

we have .... droid that we cannot cast alone and tradeskills that r usefull for .... let me think .... ho yes, LLS (SWEET)
    don't forget that trader have the same tradeskill as engi

and u say that our bot don't die after 30mins, yes but if your die, u can recast it, if our die, we CAN't recast it and if we bot get stuck, thing that happend 10times in mission, we have to wait 2 hours or to leave and reenter the mission and lose the map ... SWEET

Originally posted by max-iic
    lol Archelan, u r incredebly wrong

MP can heal their pets, add 219 DMG buff, have pet to take aggro

MP pet buffed r BETTER then engi PET

So engies can't heal their pet, is that what you're saying? Strange then, that I've myself found several engineer crystals that do exactly that...

MP's have a healpet, yes, but when doing missions that pet is, atleast in my case, always watching after me. I died many times on lower levels because I had my healpet on my combat pet. And when I send my pet on a mob, the mob tends to attack me, as do all the adds. If I participate in the fight, I'm more likely to get aggro, but if I stand back and have my healpet protect me, my combat pet and healpet usually ends up with aggro a lot of the time, but far from all the time.

And please define "better". When I'm in team with an engie with a slayer, that slayer is usually the one dealing the most damage.

and u have ROOT / Nano buff / Odin's eye / NUKE / .... and i m not talking about the utility of heal pet
    I have no roots. When do I get those?

Yes, we have nukes, although not very powerfull ones. We have, on the other hands, nothing but dark blue combat skills.

However, the second we're debuffed our nukes won't help us squat (NT's have the same problem), whereas those with guns suffer little or no consequence from a debuff.

we have .... droid that we cannot cast alone and tradeskills that r usefull for .... let me think .... ho yes, LLS (SWEET)
    don't forget that trader have the same tradeskill as engi
    Apparently you didn't bother to read my entire post. I said that it's in the tradeskills-department we'll see some improvement. It's in the pet-department things are fine as they are now.

IMHO no class should be able to provide everything needed to become the most uber themselves. Professions depending on other professions to go above their own potential is the way it should be IMHO. Granted, that's not exactly how things are at the moment, but it seems that's the goal FC is working towards, and I like it. Classes should be equally powerfull in their different areas, but no two classes should be equal in the same area. That's my opinion on the matter. Engies need tradeskills to work properly (and be able to do more with them), they don't need the ability to selfbuff to the highest possible pets.

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

and u say that our bot don't die after 30mins, yes but if your die, u can recast it, if our die, we CAN't recast it and if we bot get stuck, thing that happend 10times in mission, we have to wait 2 hours or to leave and reenter the mission and lose the map ... SWEET
    That's a fault in pet pathing and shouldn't be "fixed" by changing profession characteristics. They need to fix pet-pathing, and they need to give pet-wielders a /pet warp, and the ability to remove debuffs like roots and slows from pets once combat is over. These are completely different matters IMHO.

I recon if they finally manage to get trade skills in, it would even things out a bit.
    I am one of the few engie's who chose the path cos I though we would be able to make cool stuff, not just to get a cool pet.

My problem at the mo, other than the complete lack of good trade skill items, is the fact that when they do come in, traders will have the complete advantage there. (their buffs)

At the mo engies have to be the most frustrating prof, (pet pathing, no trade skills, no aggro on bot, squishy pvp, can't take out a green add)

I totally agree with one point here at least. Give us something to do with our tradeskills! And IMHO move the tradeskill buffs from the trader to the engineer. Apart from the bot line and the petheal line, engineers haven't got much useful buffs at all...

Somewhere else someone also suggested >200 pets. Also a good idea, give us a bot that is even badder than the slayers and that we can use (with outside help, but within the OE limit) in the last few levels of the game. Well, that's another discussion... But today engineers above 130ish are only good for beacon warp in teams... Sad, but true

--sil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast