Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocked by omni people attitude ...

Not so. Missions always have a purpose, be it to recover a stolen artifact our spy on a group of subversives. When you take on missions you are doing your bit to help the law-enforcement agencies.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I find guard killing annoying, not because the poor guards get owwies but I really hate going to the bronto burger to find what I need and having to deal wit ha fight going on. It really does clutter things up, and oh i have killed the notum soldier in a raid and that doesn't change my mind. I dunno why you even suggested it somehow would krause.

OOC-

I absolutely hate it, it lags everyone up in an already laggy spot and it's loud and gets in the way and it's just stupid since the guards don't even give you anything.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

i brought it up and it had perfect relevance :P

your prob with it is sound, it does lag the hell out of alwready laggy areas, like when people do it at Ent BB or trade grid. But i was aiming at what everyone else was talking about, the whole RP "how could youy kill your own faction people" and the Notum Soldier is Omni, but people kill all the time (or try to) because of his loot :P
    intended or not, unless they got a RP on off switch, that should be wrong to them too.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Not so. Missions always have a purpose, be it to recover a stolen artifact our spy on a group of subversives. When you take on missions you are doing your bit to help the law-enforcement agencies.
    LOL!

Have you seen the reason for missioning? They do NOT in any way give anything worth killing folk over...

small list of mission pickups that were of high imoprtance (presumably):
    • Keelarr Sunglasses
    • Robe with a Leopard print
    • Crumbling paper hammer
    • and don't forget those ever popular Faded {fill skill} Cluster

That doesn't mean I don't go in and do what I have to to get to it though, usually my PERSONAL gain ways in more heavily, as it costs quite a bit to buff those in the need of the various different ones. I don't differentiate on who I buff, though I do charge sometimes somewhat higher to those from the opposition in order to not have to charge low people on this side of the fence
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

First of all, I'd venture to guess in most cases the type of the criminal riff-raff found in missions is not being killed becasue they stole a pair of keelarr glasses, they are being killed because they resist arrest while you are trying to recover the stolen goods, there is a difference.

I do take exception to people who go out and massacre peaceful rhinomen in their very villages, but I think its fair to say that those individulas hiding in caves and secret bases we are sent to hunt via the mission terminal system are generally up to no good.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Lex had sat at his desk and read and reread the reports. shaking his head he sat to responding.

"Killing guards. Stupidity. and an ego driven maniacism that has sprouted from complacent feelings of safety and mistrust. Misunderstanding and propoganda road apples. but most importantly boredom. People are not faced with a day to day threat of Clanner attacks as Omni-Tek has established departments to deal with insurgents of attacks on the grand scale and the system seems to be working. not well mind you but working. so to the stupidity of attacking Guards. just as a reminder. They remember. and eventually you will be caught up with. it may not be that new guard that you took out last night. It will be some one. Mind you. people of Omni-tek DO NOT kill their own. that is clanner attitude. and is whats expected out of Clanners not Proper well raised law abidding citizens of Omni-Tek. and as to the Murder of Brunto Burger employees. its the right and given law that any witness to a Murder report it to Omni-Pol. with all available information on the person committing the crime. I dont give a leets arse if you didnt like your burger. I dont give a borgs bio brains if your drink had spit in it. you probably deserved it you back swilling puke. YOU WILL NOT Get away with killing Omni-Tek employees during my watch.

Sgt. (meritorious) LexMcStorm

OUT

OOC:

Killing of guards is annoying but pretty much unaviodable and unstoppable to some degree. yes. you can rp against it all day long but if that single person doesnt want to pay attention to your RP you as a member of Omni-Tek or Omni-Pol or one of the other departments cant do a thing against them. its the nature of the game. Best thing to do is simple. Start an RP criminal list. I'm willing to start it up take screen shots and send them to me. I'll create a list Omni-Tek Criminial list. maybe get warrants established for arrest. and convictions. opening some RP potentional as well as just general Criminal recongination. and fun. Send all Screenshots and information to Lex1785@hotmail.com

lol have you read some of the missions??? Most of them are NOT from Omni Tek, but from 1 lone individual who has a problem with a guy, and udually to cover your and his tracks he wants you to slaughter everyone inside so there will be no witnesses.

(ooc) lol, sorry man, thats just dumb ><
    your gonna piss a hell of a lot of people off for just messing around. Im not nessicarily dissagreeing with you guys for saying that its bad, but u gotta rember one thing:
    Main rule to not be a overbaring annoying RP pain in the butt is this: "RP is great as long as you dont force it apon others" which is what your doing if u do something like that, unless their shooting them for RP reasons.

i learned a while ago that its just wrong and never turns out good if you try to force your game play ideas of fun onto others who obvisouly have different ideas, so if it doesent affect me DIRECTLY, then its best to ignore it. if someone is shooting a guard by you, then ask him Nicely to stop 9 out of 10 times he will and say sorry, and if the guy gives you a idoit response, then he is a moron anyways and do what you want from there, but the person can still be a really nice guy and your just going to compleatly write him off because your sence of RP is much much higher then his. By simply saying something to him may make him stop, and many a time make him feel kinda dumb for doing it after the fact. its better off than just trying to slander someones rep for something kinda dumb and unworthy like that (in the eyes of him, all it takes is talking man)

-Krause
    Last edited by Krause; Nov 14th, 2003 at 16:16:49.

OOC: Not to debate here isnt the proper place. but this isnt forcing anything on any one. simple matter of putting screen shots making up a story about the crime and posting it. its not likely to have any effect nor will it create an effect other then to get some laughs. perhaps a few people to change their attitude towards things and maybe some upset remarks. all taken in stride. Forcing RP on some one would be My Toon attacking some one for the reported action and forcing them to accept jail term which we know cannot and will not happen you cant force any one to do anything in an MMORPG. Thanks for your points though.

(OOC) Oh, thats not too bad, but u were talking about bounties and what not like your gonna have people go out and bother them and mass not team with them because they fooled around one time in a Video Game, and i just see that as a wrong. :/
    if your just gonna use it as a pic for a no paine RP story then thats fine too, contact me ingame, ill get u any posses or actions you want for any story you want to write. but to make a story and say some stuff like "Omni Tek Trator" or some stuff like that just sits bad with me, it just seems like it sets out to shun the person

but do as you wish, it may turn out fun if you do it right I like good RP as much as the next person, as long as its not aimed to hurt someone else (which doesnt always have to be a attack with weapons ingame)

-Krause
    Last edited by Krause; Nov 14th, 2003 at 17:06:52.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12