Thread: Today's update

Today's update

The build notes, and some comments from me (in italic):

Game Mechanics
    - The trivial loot message will no longer be displayed. It used to be displayed every time you killed a mob that was much lower level than yourself (grey-coloured life bar), whether the system removed anything or not.
    We're happy for the feedback you have given us about the "trivial loot" system, and are considering changes to how it works (and at least the name, imo). I can't give any promises though.

- A bug with teaming and gaining faction has been fixed. All team members should now get the correct amount of faction from a kill, as a result of the difference between their own and the enemy's faction rating.
    Unless I'm mistaken, teaming should now give you the same faction gain for each team member as when soling the same mob. Please send me a private message if this is not correct, and I'll bring it up with the devs and see whether we can at least give a bonus when teaming.

- We have added a bonus to the Experience (XP) and Shadowknowledge (SK) rewards for killing creatures in the Shadowlands. This applies only to outdoor areas, and the limit of how much XP / SK you can get per kill is still in effect. Expect tweaks to this bonus later.
    This bonus is rather big. Don't be too surprised if it gets tuned down a little bit later.

Quests
    -Ergo has adjusted his requirements for letting people through to the next realm without passing the trials. If you're level 50 or above he will let you pass into Elysium without a trial. The same goes for Scheol when you're level 81 or above (will be adjusted to 80 later). The limits for Adonis and Penumbra are 130 and 160, respectively.
    The level 50 limit for skipping the quest for Elysium is not new, nor adjusted. I just added it to list all the limits. The access to Penumbra without the quest is brand new, and I hope those who already did this quest won't mind too much.

-Ocra's Sanctuary quest: Giving the Defiled Pattern to Ecclesiast Ocra Lux will now spawn Ocra and update the quest properly.

-Roch's Sanctuary quest: Giving the Blessed Pattern to Prophet Eckel Roch will now spawn Roch and update the quest properly.

Technical
    -The "mouse syrup" fix that was introduced in the previous update is now off by default. If you noticed better performance with this turned on, note that you must turn it on each time you start the client.

-Two client crash bugs have been fixed.
    No server crash fix today. We're working on it, but it's an elusive one, and we're doing some changes today to better track what's happening.

-Ergo has adjusted his requirements for letting people through to the next realm without passing the trials. If you're level 50 or above he will let you pass into Elysium without a trial. The same goes for Scheol when you're level 81 or above (will be adjusted to 80 later). The limits for Adonis and Penumbra are 130 and 160, respectively.
    I got an update regarding this. You won't have to do anything for Ergo, as he will just give you the new ring. No quest, and no trial event.

Also, he will provide the needed protection gear for the realm you're getting access to.

While we understand that players who have already completed these quests feel their work was wasted, we simply can't have a policy to never making things easier when resourceful people managed to complete it the way it was. Through the feedback we've gotten since launch, we saw some changes were needed, and this was one of them. I hope people can appreciate it for the improvement it is, and enjoy the fact that they won't have to repeat the quests for their other characters or help as many friends with them as before.

Any feedback is appreciated. Please send it to feedback@anarchy-online.com. Thank you.
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 12th, 2003 at 16:02:44.