Thread: Tab-targetting and enemies screwed up in multi-alignment teams...

Tab-targetting and enemies screwed up in multi-alignment teams...

Not sure if this was pre-patch or post-patch, as I just recently had some friends create neutral chars.

My char is Clan, however we often team up with a few clanners and a few neutrals. This creates a "neutral" team, but causes some strange glitches.

1) Even though the team is neutral, Clan mobs will ignore all clan party members unless they spot a Neutral party member, then they will attack me (Clan) even if unprovoked. This may be on purpose, but it is a bit odd.

2) The biggest problem is that the Tab cycle will target my neutral team member!! Bad, bad! Since we're always grouped up, instead of selecting the closest or next enemy, it will cycle through my teammates first. This is a real pain...and the tab cycling should ignore teammate no matter if they are of different alignments.

3) When in a neutral team, Omni gear starts appearing very frequently in missions and mission rewards, despite that no Omni team members were involved, the mission was recieved in Clan territory, and the mission target is in Clan territory. (Avalon -> Newland) This isn't a huge deal, but slightly annoying. Why give us crap we can't use?

-Jayde

First off this is an old issue. Has been this way for a long time.
    I'm neutral and have never used tab to target as I cycle through everything.

This isn't likely something to be fixed as it would throw the PVP scheme out of wack. Mind you I would be happy if playes in factions could not tab me on the PVP playfields.

And Newland is not Clan territory. It is Neutral territory.
    Sorry to disappoint you. Yes we do have our little corners of the world.

Well, it wouldn't be very hard to perform a check on if a target was in your team before they were highlighted... =P

-Jayde

Good idea

I like the idea of having the tab-target disabled on teammates (regardless of alignment). For targeting a teammate you could: click their toon, click their name in the team window, or press the (fX) hot key for them; i.e. there are more options than for targeting anybody else.

-Mon
    Order of the Storm

I was in a team mission and this happened with a neut char - I couldn't tab anyone but her. Then, when we "teleported" down to the next floor, it worked fine.

Thumbs up

Very good idea ... .
    I'm teaming very often with my Omni - Friends (I'm clan) and sometimes it's very hard to tab fast the Mob - Adds for calming or attacking.
    I wish too that Fc disable the tabbing for team members of other sides.

My *bump* to this ;)
    --Tibanna
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell