Thread: Cosmik >>> PVP is FUBAR! Simple fix inside.

Cosmik >>> PVP is FUBAR! Simple fix inside.

Tag some code onto the MA crit buffs to make them useless against other non-npc characters except for the MA themself.
    I think everyone agrees that PvP battles would be MUCH better with no crit buffs. You'd actually have a chance in 3vs1 battles which is really all PvP is anyway.

I'm sick and tired of bugging MAs for crits just to be able to compete in PvP. This one fix would make a world of difference and would actually allow some title huggers to wander away from a close zone. Allow some casters to actually use more than one nano before fight is over. And introduce some strategy back into a part of the game that has is currently a 'who sees who first wins' debacle.

Fix it CZ or Cosmik and the playing ground will level off fairly quicky imo.

Re: Cosmik >>> PVP is FUBAR! Simple fix inside.

Originally posted by Tybe
    Tag some code onto the MA crit buffs to make them useless against other non-npc characters except for the MA themself.
    I think everyone agrees that PvP battles would be MUCH better with no crit buffs. You'd actually have a chance in 3vs1 battles which is really all PvP is anyway.

I'm sick and tired of bugging MAs for crits just to be able to compete in PvP. This one fix would make a world of difference and would actually allow some title huggers to wander away from a close zone. Allow some casters to actually use more than one nano before fight is over. And introduce some strategy back into a part of the game that has is currently a 'who sees who first wins' debacle.

Give it up, won't happen. Cosmick already posted about this in the MA forum a few eeks ago.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

All MA's just shouldn't give crit buff to those with title.

.. Is now my personal viewpoint.

If you have title and your hanging around Tir grid then no crit buff. I can't stand for more than 1 minute at Tir grid without normally 2 or 3 traders of varying levels approach me for UVC.

PVP should be self buffs only.

Re: Cosmik >>> PVP is FUBAR! Simple fix inside.

Originally posted by Tybe

I posted the same idea some time ago but got no answer from Funcom.
    I still think it's the best thing to do.

No crits vs players, crits only in pvm.

!!!

Major BUMP. Alot of the problems concerning PvP is critbuff related.

Remove it!!! or make it selfbuffed.

/Thoriak 144 soldier RK2

Re: Re: Cosmik >>> PVP is FUBAR! Simple fix inside.

Originally posted by Grupert

Give it up, won't happen. Cosmick already posted about this in the MA forum a few eeks ago.
    Cosmik showed us he have no voice on decisions, he's the voice of programmers only, so do not take him so seriously.

Its US that should make the decisions. Its US that pay for their work.
    If we cant make them to change tiny functions in game I say **** em and move to the next mmorpg out there
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Originally posted by euphorie
    Its US that should make the decisions. Its US that pay for their work.
    If we cant make them to change tiny functions in game I say **** em and move to the next mmorpg out there
    As far as crits go, it's fine, move on then.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Euphorie is right, from another thread, healing classes will be powered up a lot.

But so will people that have weapons with great average damage.

Vektors will be the new pvp shotgun, a lot of enforcers will pick up 1hb, and soldiers might not use the flashpoints at all.

But basically, it IS just shifting the nerf target yet again. There has GOT to be a better way.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

See its never going to be balanced there will always be something for someone to cry about.
    But FC really have to start listen to the community when it comes to pvp. By reading the posts here now for some time I NEVER see ANY feedback from funcom at all
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

How about just changing the critical hit scale?

From 100% to 200%

So even if you had 20% Chance with the origanl 100%
    You'll less likely get a chance with 200...

Blah blah blah...