Thread: Instant Death Bug

Instant Death Bug

This is a well known bug. Here's is a report one site where it could be reproduced consistently:

The location is Pleasant Meadows, at the shades camp in 1800, 1200.

U just need to target a shae inside the camp behind one of those picket lines.

Then run back.

If the shades get STUCK behind those picket lines. They are so dumb in their path finding that they don't know how to get out.

But.. unfortunately.. they are still doing "invisible" hits on you that are not reported by the client.

And.. tada... u're dead.

If u managed to survive long enuf even though u're being pummeled by these invisible mobs... they will eventually TELEPORT right in front of u. And u will be spammed with delayed damage reports.

The only way I could detect such a bug right now is to use a damage reflection shield. For some reason.. the client could tell that I was being hit.. and thus reported the reflected damage... but it doesn't report that actual damage being done on me.
    Weird.

BTW, the damage reflection trick is not fool proof... there are occasions when I still died from such a bug with NOTHING being reported.

I died twice in different missions....

I died twice in different missions by an "instant death." I didn't see any damage being done to me (no messages in window). But there was a monster nearby stuck on one occassion and the other time I was running away and monster was stuck several rooms away.

Thrin