Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal Team Members?

Groups

First of all, a well-organized group that knows one another will beat any other group, no matter what the combination is.

That said, I'd go with the following

Doc (heal)
    MP (heal and damage)
    Enforcer (tank)
    MA (damage and backup healer)
    Adventurer-rider type (backup healer and damage)
    Engineer (damage)

Why this combination? At my level (50), this type of group is the only I haven't died in. With 4 healers paying attention, its nigh impossible to get killed, even with a bad pull. The damage isn't bad either, Enforcers, Adventurers, and MA's provide fairly consistent damage and the pets can add some serious damage if needed (and can make good tanks).

Soldiers are overrated. They have nice bursts/FAs, but they're too slow to be useful in extended battles.

Crats...well, I hope the patch fixes 'em.

Fixers. Why bother? Adventurers are almost as fast, and do almost as much damage.

Nanotechs are simply too vulnerable, and from what I've seen they simply don't do the damage that enforcers can pull off.

Traders. Nice criticals(to put it mildly), but otherwise they seem pretty useless. In other words, they're a toss-up. Not good if you want consistency.

Agents. Sorry, they just don't cut it. Sub-par damage, no useful buffs. In my opinion, they're the worst grouping profession.

I bet I forgot someone, but that sums it up. Just to note, I play a L42 fixer and L50 adventurer.

Arrgh... so sad... of so many posts.. only one would have ADVs in the group.. and .. it's the rider type

Sigh..

But seriously... the fastest killin group I've seen... are those who goes like this:

ONE Enf to Mongo Bash to draw the mobs to him
    One Doc to heal the Enf
    LOTS OF NTs (does not have to be in just ONE team, can have multiple teams) chain casting area nukes.

All the mobs drop like flies.
    Rest of the professions are almost redundant.

This works especially well against mass of green/yellow/orange mobs.

To fight deep reds, u will need soldiers to MK, etc and this strategy will be a bit risky.

BTW, do not underestimate crats. Their roots are damm good. Find a melee only mob spawn point to camp, with area roots, plus
    NTs to area nuke... u get the picture ?

I never look at the class makeup when I judge a team. I'm a survivalist. I know how to live when the **** goes down. And I love to team with people who can do the same.

This has nothing to do with friggen classes. I've seen 90+ soldiers and enforcers both with the common sense of a newbie. It's pathetic. I'd gladly join the worst team makeup in the world if they know how to survive.

It's all about the people driving the chars.

At my level

5 NTs and a Doc

I can tank good enough dont need tanks anymore. Plus they cant do the damage I can so why not just have another NT. Doc is just there to leech from us while he heals :OP

Doc for heals and hp buffs.
    4 NTs for nukes.
    Me, the MA for looking pretty with my hammer.

While that would be my ideal, I settle for:
    Any combination of classes, as long as there is one other class that can heal other then me. Be it doc, adventurer, or ma. And they have to be able to heal. Knowing the nanoprogram and having it hotkeyed doesn't do jack if they wait till you're so low on hps your max speed is a walk to cast it. And when I said any combination of classes, I lied. No fixers. They are the biggest xp leeches. I can't think of one way they contribute to the team. And as far as the team grid in 6 seconds goes....any good team shouldn't find itself in a situation that warrents having to use that nano. The damage dealers would ideally attack the same mobs, instead of all taking on individual ones and stretching the fight ouuuuuuuuut and thereby seriously taxing the healing abilities of the healer(s). (How hard is it to tab till you see a mob that is being damaged and ATTACK that one instead of whatever pops up first on tab?) People should also not be skimpy on using first aid/nano/treatment etc. It takes 1 second to sit after a fight and use a treatment/nano charger on yourself. People who just stand around and expect the healers to heal them full are lame. The puller should also be the leader. And all team members should leave their ego trips in the bank and listen to the leader. Of course, the leader should also be someone who knows what it's doing. Nothing is more boring then joining a team and having the leader go 'where should we hunt?' or 'anyone have spare ammo?' If you're going to lead, lead. 'Save, get ammo/treatment/nano packs, and tell me when ready. We're headed out to blahblahblah.' Always communicate. Anyways, any team with players who can communicate, who can listen to someone without having an ego trip, who are liberal with their usage of treatment/nano/first aid packs, and who understand the concept that this is fighting as a team and not just a bunch of people fighting a group of monsters, and who don't play fixers, would be a team I'd fall in love with. Unfortunately, it's amazing how hard these are to find. Especially the 1doc/4nt one. =P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12