Thread: Cure for Biochemical disease (Rimor)

Cure for Biochemical disease soon to be discovered!(Rimor)

Medical Report Database Entry: #42001-A2
    Author: Ymlisai
    Affiliation: Omni-Tek Medical Academy, subgroup Sisters of Mercy.
    Title: Cure for Biochemical disease
    Forward: ICC Medical Research Team

Cure for Biochemical disease released in Borealis, Newland, Old Athen

Description:

This virusimitating biochemical disease was released in Borealis, Newland and Old Athen.

Symptoms:

- Heat / Cold sensitive
    - Coughing
    - Dissyness
    - Womiting
    - Fainting
    - Fever

Contamination danger: High, code RED

General info:

Research on this virus genetically constructed DNA, several peculiar discoveries were made.

A biochemical isotope research, where the DNA was examined thoroughly, link by link, several chains revealed that the genetical construction of this virus had not been conducted on Rubi-Ka. The lack of notum gave us the first clue, while some of the genetical structure showed signs of being constructed in near zero gravity locations.

One of the isotopes was found to be controlling the virus groth ratio, which in turn led us to attempts to remove this and replace it with a not so aggressive growth controller, which would not give us a cure, but atleast give those infected a longer contamination period.

As record #412-23A-1 shows, an unforeseen event took place when a removal of the active isotype growth controller was conducted.

A rapid accelleration increase in the growth of the virus took place, causing a chain reaction to all the isotypes, causing the virus to litterally explode.

Along with the lab contaminated and nearly destroyed, the subject conducting the experiment within the lab, was contaminated and imediately brought to the grid for safety reasons.

The subject proceeded with the experiments from the grid, with the help of several other instances, whereof several new discoveries and theories were created.

One theory was that the mutant blowing themselves up, had the biochemical isotype within them, and when the virus was added, either by a capsule breaking apart or inserted through other means, caused them to blow up.

The last weeks mutant bombings, namely in Rome and Borealis, were brought up and samples collected from these incidents were brought to the lab for testing.
    Among these samples, a piece of meat, we found what we had been looking for: The Biochemical isotype latent within the mutated DNA.

A more thorough examination of the mutant DNA, revealed that it was not the same as in the virus samples collected from contaminated hosts, close after the biochemical attack on Borealis, Newland and Old Athen.

What surpriced us, when we replaced the virus's active isotype with the isotype collected from the mutant meat, a heavilly notable decrease in the growth of the virus took place. The growth accelleration was lowered by 689%, causing the virus to have the same contamination time as a regular flu, 3 to 4 days.

This was very promising and after tedious research, we were able to clone the mutant DNA and alter it as we saw fit, thereamong including increased amounts of Notum, which seems to have a calming effect on the virus.

A cure is still not found, but the latest research will atleast provide those contaminated with this virus and us reasearching it, some more time.

Simulated tests have shown that when the contamination time have increased, the body were starting to produce and initiate white bloodcells, the natural defence system everyone got.
    Although the death ratio is still high, it shows a death decrease by 5%, which means that 5 out of 100 contaminated with this will survive.

Although this might seems as bad news, it is actually quite good news, as the death ratio is now 95% and not 100%.

Those contaminated and located in the grid as adviced, is adviced to stay put until we find a cure. Should you have any questions, I will be in the grid to answer your questions related to this issue, as I, myself, is contaminated due to the accident in the laboratory.

Log End.
    Ymlisai, Sister of Mercy, Omni-Tek Medical Academy.
    Last edited by Entrak; Nov 3rd, 2003 at 04:33:14.

Do not forget the symptom of tingling of the skin.
    Aurust-MA

"I make an indifferent difference. I make it a point of being pointless."

I will volonteer as test subject for your research in this matter. since i have been exposed 3 times to the virus and is constaly feeling a slight fever , dizzynes coughing and ready to throwup . besides the fact taht ressing takes forever now.

I need to be in 100% battel condition asap.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

What Itel said. At least i´m not coughing blood any more. And hopefully you should get some new info from a Doc that has to stay nameles at this moment for security reasons.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

It might not be made with notum, but it was made to react to it quite well.

Certain Clan doctors who will remain anonymous have been working on me since I contracted this disease. This virus reacts to notum naturally found on Rubi-Ka in the form of causing it to multiply in a sloppy manner causing numerous mutations.

This is why the virus can't be removed with simple nanobots and destroyed like most other diseases. It mutates too quickly for nanobots to be able to truly identify it.

This leaves several advantages we can use in fighting the virus though. First it needs a notum rich environment to propagate. Off Rubi-Ka, in the grid, or in the Gardens of the Shadowlands (which are notum rich, but have other properties which make the virus dormant) the virus goes dormant.

Since most mutations are detrimental to the virus these chance mutations causes many weakened strains to be spread which don't severely effect most people. This is why it hasn't become a plague on rubi-ka yet. However the random mutations over time could lead to a nasty "super plague" if this disease isn't halted. There is no predicting how far these mutations can go.

I suggest contacting a Conservator Empath for advanced medical treatment as soon as possible.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Since this is an issue no matter what alignmnet you hold might i suggest that all doctors / sienticsts work toghether this once ?
    Last edited by Itel; Nov 3rd, 2003 at 22:23:52.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

Post In full Agreement

I must Agree in full with Itel on this one, we must put our differances aside to counter this "plage." I am begining to believe that this was not a hit by the Dust Brigade, I will post my reason at a later date, I do not wish to tip off the real perps if I am right. If that is the case then this is a danger to everyone on Rubi-Ka, not just Omni, Neurtal, or The Clans. We need to work together to find a cure and a solution, I myself, will help out in anyway I can, other than becoming a test subject myself. I am much more useful in the field than in a lab.

Contact me through the forums or /tell me if there's anything I can do!

Sencerly
    Raven Darsh
    General, Seraphim Clerics

DarkRaven, please refer to a message here on The Buzz titled "Midia - Naming Names". If it's indeed her, you don't have to worry about her being tipped off anymore.

As for those working independently and in secret for whatever reason, it only makes the process for finding a cure more ponderous. I suggest that all of those working on a solution forward their datum and findings to Ymlisai. She can then begin to focus all of the reaserach that is being done independently. If any of those that are working for a cure wish to remain anonymous, I'm sure the good doctor would be willing to consider strict confidentiality as to sources.

-Juri

Thank you for the info about the other thread, I posted in it so I won't repost here. Just wanted to thank you for the info!

Later in Rubi-Ka
    Raven Darsh,
    General, Seraphim Cleric
    I am the Fires made Flesh. I am the Shadows made Man. I am the Sword of Light forged in Darkness. I am the Avatar of Hell born in Heaven. I am the Warrior of Good shielded by Evil. I am the God men pray to when they are wronged. I am the Angel that comes at the End of all Time. I am the God of Vebgeance. I am the Angel of Death. I am...The DarkRaven!

Now, this may be nothing, but i thought it best to put it up here for all the scientists to see and check out.

I have noticed a small scale reduction in symptoms when ever i activate my One More Hit Heal nano formula. The reduction only lasts for a few minutes, and the symptoms is back just as fast as they are dampened. It may just be psychological, but for the record i had trouble beliving it myself. It is so small that i did not even recognise it myself at first. My theory, for what it´s worth, is that the volatile reaction cause by the formula that causes the shortlived radioactive energy pulse might be interfering with the plague somehow.

There you have it. You know as much as i do now. Hope it can be of some help.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.