Thread: Tea and a late night hack

Tea and a late night hack

At home in Jobe, resting comfortably at my desk, tapping away on my computer. The air, cool and refreshing, the ceiling fan humming softly as it circulates. Looking up from my work, I reach for the cup of tea, whisps of steam rising from it and take a small sip. yikes, i'd kill for some real honey in this...I hate this synthetic stuff. I'd been spoiled with real honey from the most unlikely person, a long time ago.

Taking another sip, I lean back in my chair and close my eyes a moment savoring the taste of the warm liquid. I am startled back to my senses by a voice from my comm unit.

"Hola chica, you busy?" Relle asks

Taking a moment to gather my thoughts of answering or not...

"Hey Relle, not at all, come on over i'm in my apartment", I reply.

"I'm already here...", she answers as the bell rings at my door

Slowly I get up from my chair draping a robe over myself. I walk past the common room checking on Dealir. She fell alseep on the sofa, nearly 2 hours ago...long day for both of us. The anchorwoman of Gridnews covering the recent bombings in Borealis on the viewer. Reaching the door I check the small screen and see Relle...and Vixentrox. 'hmm wonder whats going on" I think to myself.

Hitting a button I hear the female voice on the other side of the door ask for each of them to place thier hands on the scanner that slid quietly from the wall in front of them.

SCAN COMPLETE, SUBJECTS:

Cherelle Albanis Flowers

Cathern Vixentrox Flowers

Confirmed***

The door slides open quietly and I invite the two in, greeting them with a hug and a smile. I usher them in quickly..the night had grown very cool for some reason. The door slides closed quietly behind them and we walk into the hallway. Cathern immediately sees Janeen asleep on the sofa and asks,

"Hey Taren, we aren't disturbing you are we?"

"Not at all Cathern" I smile "Shes been asleep for a couple of hours now, though I would like to keep it down a bit..im trying to relax, i'll probably be sleeping soon.", I answer.

"Okay," replies Relle in a hushed tone.

"Lets go into the bedroom and continue this." I say

We walk into the bedroom, not making a sound as we pass the sleeping form of Janeen. I offer the two of them a seat near my desk.

"Tea anyone?" I offer

Not waiting for an answer I go to the kitchen and pour some hot water in some mugs and grab two extra tea screens, the tea leaves and the synthetic honey...bleh.

Tea made I inquire, "So what brings you two here?"

"Well...we need to talk about hacking." Vixentrox replies, "You are pretty good at it and what we want to do is relatively simple but still beyond our skill."

Looking at the drawer my hacking device is hidden in, I reply "What do you want to know?"

A slight smile begins on Relles face as she reaches in her coat pocket and produces a small disc.

"Load that and watch, Taren." She asks

I load the small disc into the drive and watch the short movie and begin laughing.

"Thats incredible. Relle, you never cease to amaze me." I applaud.

"Can you upload this to Omni Tek General Grid?" Vixentrox asks

"Sure...but not from here. It is too easily traced. I'd probably go into Omni Ent to upload it there." I reply.

Relle and Cathern smile in unison as I promise them to upload it this very night.

Late in the night I reach my apartment again, a little worse for wear, but laughing softly. Janeen greets me at the door with a soft hug. I shed my armor and place it neatly in the corner of the bedroom.

"Janeen, when you get a moment, go into Omni Teks General Gridsite and check out Relles handywork."

Smiling, Janeen sits at the desk and logs in... She sits, mezmerized, before bursting into laughter.

Check out Relles Handywork:

Omni-Tek Grid Access

***Special Thanks To Cherelle "Albanis" Flowers for taking the time to do this. We love ya Relle!***
    Last edited by Astera; Oct 30th, 2003 at 22:25:36.

Sasia comes home to her cozy Rome appartment after a long day of work and decides to check the grid before getting a deserved night's sleep.
    Browsing the gridfeed, looking for nothing in particular, she stumbles upon something very strange..

"What the .. is this?"

Sasia starts laughing, softly at first but bursts out in full laughter a little later

"hahaha, if they think that little amateurish propaganda will actually work, I'm Philip Ross himself!"

Still laughing she turns of the computer, slips into her nightwear and goes to bed

"thanks for the laugh clans.. thanks for the laugh" She mutters to herself as she falls asleep....

((OOC: good recuitement post and very funny as well, GJ ))

(Very cute postcards. )
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Woooot!!!

Best recruitment post ever!!!!

Teh fun-nay!!!!

Go WE!!!

Sid

ACHOO! (/bump)

Pleased with the results of her Clan's propaganda efforts, netting several Omni defectors, Cathern begins to make plans to order a second hack into the Omni core computers. "If they didn't respond to sugar, perhaps they will respond to something more base", she thought to herself.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Astera
    ACHOO! (/bump)
    At first glance I totally thought that said "ALCHOHOL!" I was like "What? Gimme!"
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean