Thread: Mission Impossible!

Mission Impossible!

This is getting really, really bad! I just took an "average" mission, so low that it was taken on the Borealis terminal and the mission was in Borealis.

Got there and found three 34-V workers in the main room, tried to draw one and got three. Took out one on the second zone, took out the second on the fourth zone and then was called away by someone who needed help.

Got back to the mission and found there were again three 34-V workers in the main room only now they were more powerful. Finally got what appeared to be one alone in the entrance, the ONLY ONE IN THE ROOM.

34-V attacks for 36, 34, 45, 83, 44

I hit 34-V for 94 burst

34-V attacks for 36, 33, 30, 44, 35

And please don't tell me I was being hit by the others as the hits were matched by the actions of the 34-V.

Yeah, this game has become a real carload of fun and entertainment. What do we have to do, call for a user's strike to get back to a game we can play?
    Last edited by Icaria; Nov 27th, 2001 at 01:11:15.
    Roguespierre - Clan Adventurer
    Roboguru - Clan Engineer
    Icaria - Clan Fixer
    Attaboy - Clan Martial Artist
    Fresnel - Clan Meta-Physicist
    Zapya - Clan Nano-Technician
    Beaucrat - Clan `Crat
    Bullethead - Clan Soldier - Test Server

I fail to see what your complaint is..maybe you have a bad weapon or low ac?

I will say it like I have said it so many times. This game is not made for you. Sometimes you just have to realize you aren't good enough. Try equipping a new gun and some new armor, if you play right, you play to win.

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier (RK2)

I think Notorian has a serious problem. Are u trying to drive people away from the game ?

Could u at least help or give constructive comments instead of insulting others ?

Icaria... are u saying the mobs respawned ? Or that they hit too damm fast ? Or wat ? Please be more specific. Thanks.

Something similar...

I though I was just seeing things but I had something similar happen. I had a mission with 3 'Waste Anacondas' or something in the main room. I killed one... zoned..killed another...zoned and then I notced that there were still 3 in there, when there was only one after last zone.

I assumed that maybe two more from nearby rooms aggroed but that would be a first.

Anyone else have something like this happen?

Thrin

Angry Rofl

Dam Notorian you are so funny.....NOT

How can you bash this guy cause the mission are bugged to hell and back .

And any players on Rk2 will know you are an Uber twink ...Lvl 115 with all Ql200 items

Lvl 12 Uber twinked Ma who camp Tir arena killing making easy kills ..

Shut the hell up and get back in yer box.

Persil

Hmm

I was not trying to insult anyone. I'm sorry if I did.

I just wanted to point out that most of the people I know if properly equipped can handle missions. And yes, it is quite easy for someone my level to have ql200 items equipped. At level 112 you can roll ql200 missions so it is pretty simple to see how I achieved this.

No, I didn't want to insult anybody..just point out that it might not always be the games fault

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier

PS. Persil because I know how to play the game well do not call me twinked, uber is ok though

"Icaria... are u saying the mobs respawned ? Or that they hit too damm fast ? Or wat ? Please be more specific. Thanks"

Sorry, thought it was specific. And the answer is "yes". <smile> While I was off helping another in the game the 34-Vs seemed to have respawned. Didn't know that could happen in a mission. I left with two out of three down and returned to three out of three up.

But my main concern, regardless of what Notorian feels, is the way just one 34-V was hitting. Note it hit me five times, I fired a burst, it hit me five times and I hit the door! If anyone can survive a 5 to 1 hit ratio with a MOB of supposedly equal level then more power to him. I certainly can't, and this was with a level 33 Fixer.

I don't want to become a tweak freak, I don't to spend all my time learning how to cheat the system, I just want a level playing field so I can go in and complete a mission without it being all gray.

"I assumed that maybe two more from nearby rooms aggroed but that would be a first."

Not really, on one mission there were three in the main room. My son tried to pull one ( an exercise in futility ) and the next thing I knew we were in the entrance room with FIVE! But that was with "normal" MOBs and with some zoning in and out we took `em one at a time.

Again last night, my son (level 44 Agent) and my level 44 MA almost didn't complete a mission because of the way the MOBs are able to heal and the way the hit points increase for the MOB while dropping for us, not to mention the way they now agro from a couple of rooms away.

I'm not in to PvP and see no challange in tweaking and buffing and doing whatever I can so I can kill another player. Been there, done that, have the tee-shirt. Just want to enjoy the game as I used to. Hopefully the Wednesday changes will help.
    Roboguru - Clan Engineer
    Icaria - Clan Fixer
    Beaucrat - Clan `Crat

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier
    that says it all right there.

One of the key reasons the game balance is so out of whack is over-equipping classes like Soldiers and Agents.

Try playing a NT or an MA who cant over-equip to the levels you can and then say that. MA fist damage is capped... it wont get any higher no matter what you do... how are we supposed to get better gear when our fists are only so effective? And dont even mention the MA weapons since they are so broken right now its not even funny.

So please, mr L33t gamer, please explain to us how we can over-equip like your soldier?

Implants, simple as that..

Your attack rating and your damage is directly related to your MA skill, so if you buff MA skill with nice high implants you can easily raise your damage. Yes I understand that you won't be able to hit as much as me perhaps at the same level, but to put it in perspective the MA I play with (135 I believe..) crit brawls for 2k+. Now saying crit brawl might not be that effective because it is a crit, but because he has a 13+ crit nano, and soon able to use the 19+ (maybe 18, I can't remember off hand) he does considerable damage.

Not to mention being able to heal quite well (have grouped many times with just him healing) and the fact that he has very nice MA special attacks which can be bought at Superior Shops like Blessed With Thunder or Bird of Prey etc..

MA's do very nice damage at my level. So I have to equip guns that high just to keep up to them

Late,
    Notorian

That sometimes happens when I solo hard missions. The entry room gets flooded with yellow-red enemies. It is very hard but I try to kill one of them wile constantly healing myself with first aid and nano healings. When one dies or I am about to die, I go outside (heal) and depending on the situation I wait till my burst has recharged.

Then just back in and kill one. Repeat a few times and they are all dead.

As far as MAs go at higher levels, they hit very well against non-NPC mobs, but hit minimum damage agaist NPCs. As far MA attacks, you can't buy anything higher than QL125 from shops, and the MA attacks are NODROP so you can't buy it from higher level players. At lvl 90 with QL125 implants, I can crit three times in a row for 1800 each when I'm lucky. If I'm not lucky, I'll be hitting a yellow Bully for 92 ten times in a row with a 200 brawl.

The best thing going for MAs right now is the crit buff, but soon other classes are going to have it, making MAs kind of like fixers.

I think Funcom nerfs one class at a time so people will keep rerolling their characters. By making it nearly impossible to level at higher levels, people will continue to reroll and continue to play AO.

please lets get back to subject

why does any post like this turn into a "Im uber , your not " thing.

IMHO missions are really whacked right now. ..all kinds of weirdness going on, and its not just me, my guildmates have all experianced all kinds of strange things. I had an instance similar to the original poster, had me so frustrated, I brought in another one of my charactors (my boyfriends account) to help me clear the main room. that charactor is super twinked Enforcer 22 levels higher than my NT. OKAY here is where it gets strange. These mobs, (rookie thugs , atrox) conned yellow to orange to me at 34. There were 3 of them...2 orange one yellow. My enforcer comes in, to my bewilderment, at 55 they con green to him!!!!! after a bit of a battle , he manages to clear the room. Next room , same thing....can you tell me there is not something SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture????? HOW can a mob con yellow and orange to a 34 and GREEN to a 55???

OOOH and whats up with the missions terminal giving out CLOTHES for rewards 6 out of 10 rolls?

Yes they fixed the terminals giving missions too far away, but in the meantime , other aspects of the system are getting totally whacked.

I am going to start logging EVERYTHING I do in missions and emailing them to funcom. Maybe , hopefully they will get a clue

ps. I AM implanted wayyyy above my level, am solitus , use Nanos wayyy above my level, and have excellent AC, HP and Nano pool due to the implants. I am NOT a noob, been around since beta 4. I KNOW how to play my charactor. This is for the guys who will say its ME and not the game.

Err... the unfortunate thing is... there are lots of players like Notorian around who uber twinked their characters to be able to handle 100% missions.

Becoz of them.. Funcom had to tune up the difficulty level.... the result ? Those who don't twink will suffer.

Icaria, u will have to twink your character a bit... do what Notorian suggested... inplants, overequip, ask for some help from higher levels if u need to.

Also... there are some mobs who fight differently. No matter wat level they are, they hit extra fast. Examples of such mobs ?
    Anuns, Lifebleeders, Probes, etc. (am sure there are others, that 34-v could be one of them?)

If u find missions with such mobs... and if your character can't handle them. Just delete the misson and don't waste your time on it.

It's quite unfortunate... especially if u had to run for a long time to get there only to find that u can't complete the mission. Sigh... but I can't think of way around it.

Twink, what a funny term.

I was not aware that playing the game using the advantages the game designers implemented into the game was known as twinking.

If I ask for a buff from a friend, is that twinking?..much the same way you ask for an AC buff if your going to tank. Buffs are around, its not like I exploited to do any better, I just played the game with the advantages it has in it.

Everyone has equal oppurtunity to play the game the best that it should be, this isn't twinking, it's playing right.

Don't call me a twink because you won't ask for high buffs, or won't spend the time to make implants. I play this game for fun, and I use every thing I can to make my character good.

Late,
    Notorian

Ask a friend?

That in itself is a problem. Any player should be able to go out on a mission or go out hunting without "a friend". If I start relying to getting "a friend" to buff me up before I go, and that buff runs out at the wrong time . . . . .

Been doing this since early August. Used to go on missions alone or with a group and sometimes I died and sometimes I didn't. But I did NOT have to pack a lunch to go on a mission as I do now. Used to do two or three at a time, can't do that now. And guess what? It was not I that did any of the changing that made it so difficult.

New patch is in. First MOB was one step below me and I took it out in under ten minutes! Think about it!

Of course, the fun part was when nature called and I curled my character up in a corner with no-one in the room and no-one outside the room in the immediate vicinity. Came back maybe five minutes later JUST in time to see my character killed by a MOB shooting through the wall. So now I have this number 10 tin can on the floor . . . . . . <ROFL>
    Roboguru - Clan Engineer
    Icaria - Clan Fixer
    Beaucrat - Clan `Crat

First of all if you didn't change anything you should probably upgrade your equipment...

Second, going AFK in an area where you know things like that can happen is a pretty....well you get the idea.

Dont' go AFK in hostile areas. Especially if you know a bug like this already exists. And upgrade your equipment jeez.

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 116 Atrox Clan Soldier (RK2)

Originally posted by Notorian
    I fail to see what your complaint is..maybe you have a bad weapon or low ac?

I will say it like I have said it so many times. This game is not made for you. Sometimes you just have to realize you aren't good enough. Try equipping a new gun and some new armor, if you play right, you play to win.

Late,
    Notorian

Are you serious? Your an Atrox Soldier...you have no clue whats its like to need all the help you can get when it comes to damage... My Fixer is Level 58 with a QL101 Mausser - I burst for 70-100!! on a Green Mob...something is wrong...prior to this patch I would burst 300-450....Im sure your laughing with your 4000 Full Auto...but try to think outside of Notorian-land, and try to be respectfull at least to others...not everyone can be l33t, like you.

-Ballpin

Originally posted by Spaycey

that says it all right there.

One of the key reasons the game balance is so out of whack is over-equipping classes like Soldiers and Agents.

Try playing a NT or an MA who cant over-equip to the levels you can and then say that. MA fist damage is capped... it wont get any higher no matter what you do... how are we supposed to get better gear when our fists are only so effective? And dont even mention the MA weapons since they are so broken right now its not even funny.

So please, mr L33t gamer, please explain to us how we can over-equip like your soldier?
    Haha, may I laugh? I'm an "over-equipped" agent and with my over-equipped armor and rifle I was *NOT* able to take down a MA 10 (!!!) Lvls *below* me. Ok, maybe my fault because I played fair and fought 1 on 1 instead of rooting the guy and shooting him from a distance - guess next time I'll just have to do this. My Doc uses MA to fight, and I love it. Whereas my agent has serious problems taking even one yellow MoB out, my Doc does it easily, even orange ones. Me and a friend (him a *true* MA) are easily doing missions with orange mobs (red to him, as he is some levels below me). So tell me more about *under-powered* MAs.