Thread: Congrats to Opposing Force!

And it only took 98 years for the clans to get around to cleaning up their drinking water.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten.../swimming.html

ooh, wait, no OpFor there... I find it sad to see that the Council of TRUTH has sunken so low as to sell landmarks.

I do not discount anything that OpFor did, and I would hate to see anything taken away from them. The project could not have been completed without their support and cooperation. Nonetheless, both Scrub and I are upset to see this landmark be built for the people who dumped in cash, not the people whose work went in to making it happen in the first place - the contestants, attendees, and GVRK.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Wyndrunneer
    And it only took 98 years for the clans to get around to cleaning up their drinking water.
    That occupying Omnis poisoned.

Ooh, speaking of, had a lovely swim in Omni-Ent lately?

/me goes off to sunbathe near the Tir River

Although there was a change of credits between OpFor and the Council Of Truth, I find it hurtful and shocking that they have totally ignored the people behind the true hardwork and effort for this event.

The original idea was formulated by Razishlyat and Scrub, two members of The Great Vikings of Rubi-Ka, who along with a majority of the large guild organised and carried out a huge swimming event. This event which was, as the link shows above, officially announced as the reason for the moan clean up and yet there is no mention of GVRK for their hard work and time spent on this event.

Have the Clan's now reached a point where money speaks louder than actions? If so, then I think a vote of confidence is required as a government who is ruled by bribery and hand outs is not going to fair well, seeing their opposition is a corporation with more money than sense.

Credit where credit's due, not where the credits are.
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Unhappy *sigh*

It saddens me to see the Council of Truth is investing time and effort in a plaque. while there are so much more pressing matters that need their attention, like the deteriorating situations with Omni-Tek and the constant incursions in to our cities. It saddens me to see the Council seems more concerned over PR then over the real issues. The ship is sinking, but the orchestra has to keep on playing I guess.

Anyway for what it's worth. Kudos to the Great Vikings of Rubi-Ka, Razishlyat and Scrub . It isn't from the CoT or Radiman, but it's maybe even better. It's from a fellow clansmen who is really interested in accomplishments, and doesn't get impressed by a big bankroll.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Firstly, thank you. When it happened, it was amazing. I remember waking up that morning and looking out over the Tir River with pride - citizens got something done. The Clans were capable of progress.

I don't think that the monument took too much time or effort... though it would be much better to see the Council react to everything else going on.

Oh, let me add, I was contacted by a CoT representative last night regarding this. I think that something will be done - but I was quite vocal in protecting OpFor's part in it.

The Tir River Swim Competition was a wake up call to the CoT about the need to clean up the river. But, it did nothing to help them clean it up. Long before the competition two of our members Quikrete and Kpax33 started collecting donations for cleaning up the river. They did this without the Staff of Opposing Force knowing. A little after Great Vikings of Rubi-Ka held their swimming competition. Word finnaly got to the staff when the people of Tir started accusing Quik and Kpax of stealing. It was actually quite a buzz around Tir, you might remember it. Utildai the staff and I talked to Quik and Kpax to make sure that it was legitimate. When they told us it was we decided to hold two buffing events for donations, on the same day, for anyone in Tir. We would add that money to the money they had already collected then give it to the CoT for the clean up efforts. It was a long and arduous day for all involved in the buffing as most stayed all day to buff. When it was finally over we tallied all the money from the donations. Added the money Quik and Kpax had already collected plus put in a little from the OpFor bank. We then contacted the CoT. The CoT contacted us back and set up a day and time to give them the donations. Mr. Radiman was the representative there to accept them.

We didn't just dump in cash as it wasn't our cash to dump in. There was nothing posted about our event because we wanted to surprise the CoT and Mr. Radiman. Mr. Radiman and the CoT were very surprised and pleased with our donations. If you remember at that time the CoT had run into monetary difficulties with the clean up effort. Opposing Force did not know of this when we had our event. We were just happy we could help.

We would like to thank Scorus for pointing out the monument. We had no idea it was going to be done and were very surprised that it was. Perhaps they could add a second monument about the Swimming Competition across from ours.
    Unity
    Fixer

Opposing Force
    Founder

Yellowbeard, thank you for clarifying that situation.

And that is exactly the same solution I proposed.