Thread: A few bugs that are getting worse.

Angry A few bugs that are getting worse.

The instantaneous death bug should be top priority, it occurs in two forms 1: You are fighting a mob, taking no damage and bam you are dead. 2: You kill a mob, are a full health and then 10 seconds later you die. I cant possibly calculate the amount of experience I have lost due to this. Its made me virutally stop playing for the past week.
    Treatment kits and first aid that you cant use until you rezone even though you are not under attack. God help you if this bug strikes you when you are deep in a mission and hit with a DOT. Not being able to target MOBS through vine doors when they are open, this has been there since day one. Total BS esp if you are an NT or other first strike necessity profession. Also I got hit with this one the other day not being able to get out of my car and then hit with the spontaneous death bug with no mobs in site. Simply awesome. Missions still suck, up the cash reward already, I still have to spend 20 mins to get to my mission and am now stuck with 1/3 of the reward. Spectacular. Im sure these are just the tip of the iceberg but I can only report it as I see it as an NT.

Tear?

I will say it again, this game was not designed for you.

The missions are the way they are, they set up this forum for the problems having to do with bugs and extreme problems with professions. I have no problem getting to missions, and never have. Sometimes you just have to run a little farther, get over it.

If the game was a breeze, it would be boring, the difficulty is what makes it a challenge. A challenge is what makes it fun.

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier (RK2)

Notorian - you just dont get it - do you?

There is no damage being percieved by the client, but a death signal from the server happens because it is keeping track of actual damage being given to the player.

This is a bug.

Tard.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

I have encountered this instant death bugs a few times.

I think I know the cause.

I think Funcom knows them as well.... but I'm not sure why they can't find a good fix.

In anycase... a good way to get early warning of this bug.. is to cast a damage reflection shield on yourself.

U will see damage reflected.. but do not see damage being done on you. That is a sure sign that someone is hitting u and yet your client is not reporting... ie. time to bail out or shout for heals.

Yeah ok

I guess my post was misunderstood, I can see how a soldier would have no complaints. But when I have to spend 40k to restock myself every few missions with Recharge kits that are twice as expensive as treatment kits I think we nano-based professions have a problem. I wasnt complaining about the distance! I want the missions back to the way they were before when I could actually support myself. I want missions further away! The rewards used to be 3 times what they are now. Thats my gripe. Frankly Notorian keep your comments to yourself. You chose the easy route let the chronically nerfed professions have their say.
    "tYpInG lIkE tHiS or using numbers for letters (D00D!) is not clever, and will get you marked as someone to avoid."
    -Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets of Anarchy Online

146 Nano NT - Ayabe (retired, naked, and penniless)
    33 Opifex Fixer - Nekkidas (orphaned)
    72 Sol MA - Medang (orphaned)
    42 Sol MP - Lilake (orphaned)
    18 Sol Adv (orphaned)
    10 Sol Trader (orphaned)

Treatment kits and first aid that you cant use until you rezone even though you are not under attack
    Actually, as posted several times on these boards, you simply just press ESCAPE and then F1.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Originally posted by Xombie
    Actually, as posted several times on these boards, you simply just press ESCAPE and then F1.
    I've had situations where that doesn't work either, so I've found the best solution so far is to just manually re-target yourself with your cursor. Do press ESC to cancel any target you have though first.

That insta-gib has happened to me only once. Not a biggie for me.

Tard, nice vocabulary first of all. Secondly, the soldier has had it's fair share of nerfs too..

Perhaps you don't remember the days when MK shield REFLECTED damage instead of just absorbing it. Or how about when they nerfed both special attacks of the soldier, the Burst and the Full Auto.

And if you mean by missions returning back to normal meaning area nucing through doors (which I hope you don't) then you have no say in what should happen at all.

If you sincerely believe that you should be able to solo missions, maybe you should not have picked a nanomage NT?...Very blatantly in the description it says their lack of HP.

Yes this is a bug that needs to be fixed, but 1 issue at a time. Your profession and the instakill bug is 2 very different topics.

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier (RK2)

Hmm...

I have only had this happen when I was fighting a monster. Now when I see the symptoms, if I am fighting something I am not too worried about, I will sit it out, use a heal stim, and the combat turns out ok. If the combat is something that would be close anyway, I zone out of the mission.

I don't like it because I lose my map, but its better than dying, then having to travel back to the mission site to finish.

I rarely hunt outside, so if that is your thing, this won't work. But I have not died since I started zoning when I notice it is happening.

Skara

Red face Tard?

Nucing? Tard? LOL No I can solo missions fine Notorian, I can solo deep orange mobs with no problem, root, calm, nuke(not nuce), rinse, repeat. If you had read the post Tard(lol) you would have understood, I hope, that I meant regarding distance and rewards. Tard.
    "tYpInG lIkE tHiS or using numbers for letters (D00D!) is not clever, and will get you marked as someone to avoid."
    -Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets of Anarchy Online

146 Nano NT - Ayabe (retired, naked, and penniless)
    33 Opifex Fixer - Nekkidas (orphaned)
    72 Sol MA - Medang (orphaned)
    42 Sol MP - Lilake (orphaned)
    18 Sol Adv (orphaned)
    10 Sol Trader (orphaned)

Instakill

I was instakilled for the first time yesterday. I had a damage shield on, and I did get the warning, with the damage shield saying its usual message. My question is, ok, I know I'm taking damage, what can I do about it? I was too far from a zone edge to zone. I can heal myself I suppose, but how long will I keep taking damage?

Another note, has anyone else had a bug where they continue to attack monsters -after- they're dead? My guy keeps hitting them and I keep getting damage messages. Its kinda creepy and annoying because I can't get the xp or loot until after I stop attacking.

Now when I am fighting something and it doesn't appear to be damaging me when I know darn well it should be...I start casting heals on myself. Usually the first heal cast will cause my health bar to reveal the real story.

It's still a pain though because in close fights I time the heals, the first aid kits and the nano kits so I don't run out of all three at the same time and without a reliable health bar this gets real tricky.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain