Thread: Tired of BS

Tired of BS

Yup, I'm very bored with doing missions in the City of Home in Broken Shores. I also believe that many other players are as well, but, I am a little confused as to why we keep doing them when there are other things to do.

Well, actually, I have an opinion on this. I think we have become addicted to the simplicity and safety of it. Its easier to find teams 'cause everyone is there. Its easier to rejoin teams after death 'cause you rez within 200 meters of the dungeon. There are no long Yalmaha rides to get to the location and you don't have to make sure the team has an engy for the members that don't have Yalms. If you pick the right level missions for the team and ppl play in an organized manor, no one ever need die anyway. So risks are low and ease is high, but the reward starts to severly diminish in the 130-160 area and it gets boring.

But, this must be an addiction, since we never used to think like this. Medusas weren't close to anything and it was very risky; you couldn't just dial the mission level down if you had a few low team members. Yet, we all were there. The camps in PM were no where near as close as the dungeons in Home, but a one point it was almost impossible to find a camp that didn't already have 1 or 2 teams working away. Majestic Bridge, the Temple, the Snake Pit, Vultures, we all did them and leveled and enjoyed, but, it was a much more gritty sort of life.

I'll beat you to the punch,I know, the Lordes of RubiKa have nerfed all of these sites, but there are plenty more out there:
    • Some examples:
    • Spider forrest, by bridge over river in Broken Shores, good for 60-100, alot like temple, but all ya get is spiders and wolves.
    • All the MOBs at Outpost 10-3 (also an easy place to pick up yet another BS mission as a night cap).
    • The Chain...a loooong canyon of MOBs just ripe for the picking by low 100s;start at one end and kill to the other.
    • The Dentist's Office, a large enclosed maze of different types of Driller MOBs

Its not a long list, but I am sure there are plenty more out there, we've just gotten lazy and aren't looking for them.

Maybe what we could do is start a list in this thread of things folks, mainly over 100 and particularly over 150, are doing other than BS. Try including the following information:
    • Playfield
    • Coordinates or directions on how to get there
    • What level it is good for
    • Type of location (static dungeon, camp, hunting area) or what one is trying to accomplish there
    • Suggested techiques
    • Why you think its fun
    • Anything else that you want say

When I take the time to fly around I see folks in some of the strangest places. For example, using the save in Hollow Mountain;where do ya go from there? There must be something else to do out there.

I encourage everyone to get out there and find the other stuff...

...on the other hand, I kinda need another level...
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Theres a post that kinda covers the same ideas as this on the Adv forum

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=19102

About half-way down the page the conversation starts ... So ya know what im talking about

I'd be quite happy to show ya some decent-looking hunting grounds ive spotted out in the wild. Being just level 61 tho everything is the same shade of red so i honestly have no ideas of levels

One that i know must be over 150 tho is the Slate-Pit Lizard spawn on Hollow Island. In Belial Forest i think. Found it recently and looks like it could be fun
    Yep its a long way to go for the lazy people. But the lazy people can stay in BS and let the braver, more adventurous people hunt out in the wilderness

Also found a LOT of Fossegrims in one area. Mustve been at least 10 over a very small distance. Most ive seen at one time. Once i remember where i saw it ill let ya know
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Cool

B.C.B.D.L.A camp is a very good place lvl 100+ but there is always some omni and it is 25% zone.

The borg camp north to mmd in mort is good too.

Or the borg camp in mort north east at the edge of the map.

I've stopped doing broken shores and started just doing clon**** instead.
    Its omni and i'm clan but its all 75% and avoiding the guards is easy. No other people around (barely) so NO lag, its a lot more beautifull landscape around than in BS, and the missions aint to bloody big, so good for single mission token farming.
    But don't tell anyone! cuz i don't want it to become Lagville #2

LordBedwyr