Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing!: Old Athen Restoration Rally!

Announcing!: Old Athen Restoration Rally!

Once again its time for all Clanners to rally around the restoration of Old Athen into a city for all the Clans!

When?: Saturday, November the 8th at (provided I got this right with all the daylight savings changes)
    • 11am PST
      2pm EST
      7pm GMT

Where?: Old Athen of course! We'll meet by the old prison just west of the grid exit in the north end of the city.

What?: We're going to rally and we'll have some fun contests with prizes again. You might even learn a little something about the Clans as well.

Why?: To support making Old Athen resemble more of a Clan city rather than just an old wreck with soulless OT markings. To educate people about our main city and the diversity which is accepted among the Clans.

Who?: You! (If you're Clan or Neutral. Security will be present to protect against Omni insurgents). This event is currently hosted by Clans
    • Veritas
      Vox Populi
      The Pilgrims

This is not an event to miss, so come one and all!
    Last edited by Sallust; Oct 25th, 2003 at 18:21:36.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Can you say TARGET PRACTICE?
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

It's kind of hard to shoot credits... Except maybe in the grid.

I believe it is long past time for Old Athens to be rebuilt.

OT has already produced enough rollerrats for Rubi-Ka.

Anyways for those of you who wanted to do it again or were sorry you missed it, here is your chance once again!

Got a few confirmed events already:

The Great Crawl Race II !!
    The Old Athen and Clan Trivia quizzing contest!
    Another redecoration of Old Athen

more to come I'm sure.

yay! finally an event on a weekend when I'll be home! tho... being awake at 11am on a Saturday is gonna be another question. ;P

maybe I'll log my little clanner alt. the poor girl hasn't been out much lately.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

I'll be there Sal....let me know if you need anyhelp with anything.

To all that didn't make it to the last OA Restoration Project Gathering....it was tons of fun....and everyone had a great time. So we hope to see you there this time!!

-Jed
    Member of:
    The Pilgrims

Hooooooorah! I'm so there! Thanks Sallust!

Saerra

I`ll try my best to make it there.

Yes, for all those that would like to see some changes for OA, meet people and have some fun, please come out. I will be standing in for Marbro and taking care of his work as he will be quite busy. Come out and support your city.
    Aurust-MA

"I make an indifferent difference. I make it a point of being pointless."

To anyone who wasn't there last time, it was definitely a fun experience. Strongly recommend it, and will try to be there myself.
    "Eeky! Nasty, spiteful, horrible little child! Nerf j00! " -- Londino, Soldier Professional.

"mmmmmmmmm tastes shartastic!" -- Roedran

Gameplay On Demand: We demand reasonable timesinks, what we get is a kick in the nads.

If you really want to restore old athens to glory you should just give it back to omni tek and stop dragging your clan knuckles all through it.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Originally posted by Don Carnage
    If you really want to restore old athens to glory you should just give it back to omni tek and stop dragging your clan knuckles all through it.
    *scratches his armpits and grabs a nanomage female to mate with*
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

The neutrals had their event this last saturday for their city, now this next weekend the Clans have ours!

Spread the word, and be there so we can start the rebuilding of Old Athen! Since its no longer an Omni-Tek city of the last couple hundred years, its actually possible for it to look good since its a clan city. If you want a depressive corporate atmosphere, stay in Omni-1.

Lets come together and build a city with our own hands. A city of diversity, a city which does not accept despotic rule whether corporate or military. A thriving metropolis to reflect the greater Clan populace.

A city we're going to rock on Saturday and make come alive. Be there to make Old Athen come alive!

You're the people who blew it up in the first place! You made your bed, live in it, not our fault clanners lack the mental aptitude to use simple tools.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Speaking without thinking, as usual Don. I wonder how much better we in Omni-1 would do without an army of robots scurrying around, constantly picking up debris, making repairs, and maintaining that spotless image of which we're all so proud. How would we fair, if forced to subsist on the meager resources with which the clans have made do?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Nevver throws a rock towards Blackpetal, just missing her so that it glances off of the wall behind her.

What is the difference if we physically maintain the city or have technology do the work for us? Please don't tell me you're sympathizing with the poor, unfortunate Clans because they might have to pick up a broom or paint brush once in a while or have to seek out a receptacle rather than dropping their Bronto Burger wrappers on the ground for the bots to clean up.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    How would we fair, if forced to subsist on the meager resources with which the clans have made do?
    Been to Camelot recently, or for that matter West Athen. Clans may be many things, but they certainly are not poor.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

He picks up the rock that Nevver threw

You know throwing rocks at other people isn't really nice.

Oh and Sallust, I'll see if I can make it, otherwise I like your initiative here!
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast