Thread: RPBot brainstorming session.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Question RPBot brainstorming session.

Okay, guys... hypothetically speaking...

If there was a Helpbot type of chat bot available solely for the purpose of RPing. what features you would like to see in it?

Technically, it would be able to:

1. Use text windows to display custom information. Just drop a "knowledge info" to see what I mean.

2. Could have a database support with browsing using some console/chat syntax.

3. Might be interfaced with a web interface (or something that might be easier to edit text windows with).

4. Limitations might be response speed. If there's too many people using it, it'll slow down its responses to avoid being kicked by the chat server.

Okay, so that's the description of what it might be able to do technically. Now, what about content? Just brainstorm. There are no stupid ideas in this thread so post whatever comes to mind.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

What would you need it for? As you yourself do the roleplaying I fail to understand the need for an RPBot.

The things I could imagine is a database for your background, such as /tell RPBot History (insert short background here), but then again, that has it's drawbacks too. What's the purpose of telling your story when everyone has read it through RPBot? For IC-reasons, I'd like to tell my history myself, to the ones I choose needs to hear it. Also, with the current limit of /tells those stories would be real short. I can also imagine using it to organize events, kind of like OmniBot, AuctionBot etc. sends out items to the shoppingchannels with regular intervals, RPBot sends out "RPguy invites everyone to a Metalfest at Rompa Bar on 24/5, please don't wear wepons or armor" to some appropriate channel.

What I also would want to see is an OT/Clan IC Channel (opposite of OT/Clan OOC), for roleplaying only - as that would work perfectly in my example
    Last edited by Grymvarg; Apr 10th, 2002 at 17:17:07.

I also dail to see a reason for a RP bot, all those bots that are thee already, have i put on ignore. I got tired of all the spam.

there are many bots out there, all useless if you ask me.
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

The RP bot is nice in concept, but I don't see a real success for it unless something like Project Revenant really takes hold. It would basically allow RPers accross rubi-ka to coordinate cross-guild/alignment events. So, say an omni rp guild and a clan rp guild want to start a series of events involving other PCs, they would have a way of communicating. I still kind of see it as an ooc thing, though. And that might also be better coordinated off of public chat channels.

Dunno, seems like a good idea though. RPers definately need more infrastructure to pick up the slack where the FC story team left off.
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive