Thread: Petition for *some* kind of title for team players

Petition for *some* kind of title for team players

From what I can see PVP is a team sport where you find people that compliment you and you buff each other and go take on other teams. Solo PVP is restrictive to classes (not me as I am an enforcer). So why is there NO TITLES FOR TEAMS.

Granted I am not saying 6 on one should get a title, but there has to be SOME way to encourage team pvp. Right now the only "gains" in pvp are title (never been able to loot a body YET even in mayhem zones when I know they lost exp) so therefore I say that most pvpers try to solo. Just because titles is your only reward.

Lets do something about this people.

Signed Dnastyone
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I would think, that whoever does the most damage to a player, gets the kill, regardless of whether they are in a team or not.

Essentially the same as it is now in 1v1.

But you are right, team pvp. The thing that encourages team pvp.. is.. at the moment.. ganking.

Which isnt good. But I have been in MMD lately and I have seen some 3v3 to 4v4, to 5v5, to 8v8 battles in MMD because a duel erupts and one person ganks and then all hell breaks loose.

It's fun!
    But lets say, organised team attacks on enemy teams in say.. oh I dont know.. 2HO, would be great too.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: Petition for *some* kind of title for team players

Originally posted by Yazule
    From what I can see PVP is a team sport where you find people that compliment you and you buff each other and go take on other teams. Solo PVP is restrictive to classes (not me as I am an enforcer). So why is there NO TITLES FOR TEAMS.

Granted I am not saying 6 on one should get a title, but there has to be SOME way to encourage team pvp. Right now the only "gains" in pvp are title (never been able to loot a body YET even in mayhem zones when I know they lost exp) so therefore I say that most pvpers try to solo. Just because titles is your only reward.

Lets do something about this people.

Signed Dnastyone
    I agree

I agree too

*coughbumpcough*

selfbump

this is of concern to me.. people .. lets speak up.

If your a pvper you should care about this stuff.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

the most fun PVP fights i have ever been in have occured while teaming and usually out while exp'ing to boot...there is quite a rush that comes with being attacked knowing that you got a few million exp on the line with the fight.

i could really care less about pvp titles, but frankly i dont see any reason why dueling off a fresh save with absolutely *nothing* at risk gets rewarded and true pvp with a lot on the line doesn't...but i guess not losin a ton of exp because you successfully repelled the attack is *some* reward hehe

Thumbs up Team PvP Titles = Beneficial to Game

Right now, solo PvP is dying. But almost no one wants to team up for PvP because then you don't get ANY benefits. At least solo you get a title so you have an idea of your relative prowess.

Since there are no concrete benefits to PvP (other than exciting fun), I don't see why it would hurt to allow team PvP to add to titles, also. (And like xp in team hunting, the whole team should share in the kill reward for PvP title points...otherwise 4 or 5 members of the team will get zip while they help the one bruiser get all the PvP points.) Sure, it would indirectly encourage team ambushes, but those happen already...the group of players works together but just aren't in an actual team. At least with team PvP benefits you would be encouraged to go round up your OWN posse and go get some payback.

Teaming up for fun is what a MMORPG is all about.

Somebody remind FunCom of this.

Rookie DrPhil
    55th OmniTek Doctor - Rubi-Ka 2
    Shadow Ops Member

I team for pvp more than I solo for pvp lately only because it's a lot more fun. I don't care if there's no title/reward as long as I have fun which is the only reason I play games.
    But I agree that some bonus for team pvp would attract more players to do it and the more to kill the happier I am

And to be honest, the other reason I don't solo pvp much lately is the fact I've maxed my equipement (ql120ish) and can't find anything better so I'm kinda gimped until I can upgrade compared to most other lvl100+ players. As much as I like to pvp I'm not masochist enough to be willing to die everytime I fight even if I already accepted a few times to duel 2 guys at the same in the arena just for the fun of a new painful experience (I actually won a couple of such duels when the opponents had no duck exp for my dual el diablo )

Just got an idea for team pvp titles :
    only give a bonus if you defeat another team which has up to 1 more or 1 less member than yours. This way a 6vs1 gang bang wouldn't give any reward (a team of 5 would only be credited if they defeat a team of 6, 5 or 4).

Well what happens if your team kills half of the other team and then dies? Does the team get points for killing one person or only if they kill the entire team?

If you only got points for kill the entire team. What would happen if one member was in a Yalmaha flying way above everyone's head so he couldn't be killed?

A lot of problems arise in this situation, we can only hope that some fair set of rules get experimented with on the test server.

team pvp does need to be encouraged!!!! i agree that the most fun times i have had are in group pvp things. but no one wants to most of the time
    being a doctor i am *best* at just following people around healing them. by myself i am not very dangerous. i even like following people around healing them but if we're not teamed its mostly pointless and all i can do is buff people and then they leave team and run off to have fun