Thread: Health stims don't work while you're running (for your life)

Health stims don't work while you're running (for your life)

So I swear I used to be able to apply a health/run stim while I was running for my digital life. Now it doesn't seem to work unless I stop. Funny thing is, though, when I stop the mob eats me...

Any ideas? Is this broke? If it is any idea what patch I may see it fixed in?
    A monkey will eat dirt.... if you make it

You're right, this used to work, and has not now for a couple of patches.. it drives me crazy to find that I'm running for my life and suddenly my stims don't work anymore and I die

True. Post 12.8ish you could heal on the run. However, with the poor MOB pathing just run 2-3 rooms away with a quick right/left hand turn and the MOB will be stuck elsewhere while you heal reload whatever. Once in a while you might take "ghost damage" but I’ve never had it happen to me but I know this causes it at times because the server decided you are still in the fight instead of asking/verifying with your client that you are 2 rooms away hiding.

Outside hunting, this bug is a killer since "stopping" isn't an option.

Not true

Lately in my missions I would sit back and witness mobs running right through walls.. In VW! But my heal works on the run
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Interesting

Maybe that is what is different. I'm trying to use them as follows:

+ I'm outside hunting
    + My health is about 20%
    + I begin running with '0' on the numpad
    + Mob persues me
    + Mob hit me again, I panic
    + I apply health stim that is in my hotbar
    + nothing happens, *but* if I stop running it applies itself
    + having stopped mob catches up and eats me

Haven't really verified whether this happens:

+ in mission areas
    + when stim is used from inventory

Thanks for the comments on this.
    A monkey will eat dirt.... if you make it

This has been happening to me for quite a while, including the day I first experienced it and reported it as a bug on Test *cough*

If I'm moving and in combat, I can't use any items. I click 'em, nothing happens until I stop moving. Then my kit goes off, my bag opens, whatever. So basically what I do is pound on my forward key every now and then, so I stop moving for a split second so everything can catch up. I also find that usually the baddies seem to be keeping up with me and hitting me, but if I stop for just a split second, they get warped quite far back and leave me the heck alone. But maybe that's just me. I run fast.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth